OneSource Building Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bruce F Davis

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

This company is in a cutting edge business and is customer focused. Work force is diverse and knowledgable. Work environment, although hectic, is supportive and respectful. Management supports individual growth and advancement opportunities.

Cons

Very busy company means highly demanding work. May not be suitable for people not used to working independently.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in talented and hard working people. Identify the employees that are only interested in drawing a check and not the needs of our customers.

"You couldn't ask for a better place to work"

Current Employee - Project Lead in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay in a diminishing economy. Management actually cares about getting a job well done for the customer & taking care of their employees. New business procedures are created every day to fit our clients needs, and we've become one of the premier providers for major global companies. Great insurance, great atmosphere to work in. If you love sports, this is also the office for you!
    There is always room for growth here, but you have to put in the effort, just like any other job.

Cons

There are no cons. So many people want to complain about the atmosphere and how the operations are ran at this company. My advice is that there are way tougher jobs out there, and you will be expected to push yourself and go 100% no matter where you are employed. They have a business to run, and they are going to make sure you are doing your part. Don't expect to get a free ride on the easy train. They pay you, you don't pay them.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an excellent job - keep up the great work. You've built this company into something from nothing, and that is truly amazing in itself.

3. "Project Coordinator (4 plus years)"

Pros

Great place for career, management accepts ideas for new and inventive ways for improvement. Opportunity to work with technicians around the world on telecom projects for our customers.

Cons

Property management needs to start working on structure issues with building.

Advice to Management

Keep growing

5. "Things are looking up."

Pros

Great benefits and competitive pay. 2% matching on 401k, a lot of money contributed from them onto my Medical HSA card, Generous PTO policy, free $50k life insurance and long/short term disability. Free training on a weekly basis, First Aid, OSHA, Fred Pryor, in-house webinars, etc... Encouraged to grow monthly. Very lenient on when you can take lunches and time off.

Cons

You could bring in some networking professionals to train employees on equipment and troubleshooting techniques.

Advice to Management

Keep growing.

"Encourages Creativity, Growth and Innovation...Customer Focused!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to grow tremendously during my time at OSBT. Sr. Management has worked very hard over the past several years to improve operational processes and continually provide resources for employees to learn, grow and develop. OSBT continues to be the go to for our customers IT/Telcom needs and busy is booming! Yes, the workload is heavy and we stay busy, but this is most fulfilling, especially when we recognize that our company is not only maintaining, but excelling and growing despite the current economic and political climate. The even more satisfying feeling is knowing and truly understanding how your hard work has personally made an impact on overall business, customers, colleagues production and quality. OSBT has afforded me the opportunity of a lifetime to be exactly what I WANT to be. If you are looking for a place to start your career or bring in a bucket of untapped skills and talents and reinvent yourself, this is the place to be. Your success depends only on YOU and the possibilities for your career are truly endless!

In addition to the professional cons, OSBT is just a great place to be! The culture is relaxed, family oriented, and community service focused. We work hard, have a lot of fun and give back to organizations of all types year round. Whether we are celebrating a holiday, hosting a fundraiser as a community service project, or gathering to recognize a company or colleague accomplishment, being able to have fun at work is important...and that, we do!

Cons

Current state of building and building management.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction!

7. "Very Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at OneSource Building Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's plenty of work if you want to do it. There's plenty of opportunity to excel -- but they are not going to hand it to you; you must show that you are a team player. There's plenty of room for advancement and, if you listen, they will tell you what you need to do to move forward.

Cons

There are none worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

They're doing quite well without my advice.

8. "Challenging and busy"

Current Employee - PM
    Current Employee - PM

Pros

Growth and expansion during a downed economy. Mgmt is approachable and listens to your ideas. Our lead sales guy is knowledgeable and cares in our well being. Keeps us busy with work all around the world. Good place to work. Benfits are above average compare to my last company.

Cons

Need to hire more knowledgeable vendor mgmt. Coordinators perform their work majority of the time.

Advice to Management

Hire real vendor mgmt with knowledge.

9. "OneSource BT"

Current Employee - Connectivity Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Connectivity Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Current management is good 2007-Current

Cons

Low compensation for technical market

Advice to Management

Recognition and Compensation for acheivements

10. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great place to work, relax environment, high tech company.

Cons

music cubicles, 8 hours + daily

"Steady"

Current Employee - Data Tech
    Current Employee - Data Tech

Pros

If you do a good job I think it raises your rating, so you get opportunities more regularly. Seems to pay pretty good.

Cons

Compensation is not broken down per job, so it's a mystery sometimes what you are getting for which job. If you ask over the phone what a certain job will pay, they typically don't know that either. Most jobs require some home preparation which I don';t believe you are compensated for. Mileage is paid, but not the time driving. Not a big deal unless the job is far away.

Advice to Management

The tech check-in process can sometimes be really tedious. Please either fix that or pay for the time being on hold or answering silly questions.