OneSource Building Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"100% Stepping stone"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at OneSource Building Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot working at OneSource about the industry and what a "Project Coordinator" does. Because of this after being laid off I was able to get a far better paying job. I don't drink coffee or tea so I guess the free water was good?

Cons

I won't sit here and bash the company has a number of this already reviewed have been brought up. If you get hired as a Project Coordinator just know that you could lose your job at any time. Maybe your account gets too slow or you get moved to a different account that ends up going kaput. Well you'll end up on the chopping block. Same goes for the Call Center. Every few months the call center get gutted because things slow down. Then there is too much work for them to handle, so the process starts again.

As A PC, be prepared to be on call 24/7. But also note that you need permission from your manager to work anything outside of normal hours. Which will also be an issue because most of the time over time is not allowed. SO, be prepared to have to explain why you got over time x times in a row etc. Then also know that you may be asked to come in later or leave early so you don't actually get paid for any of that over time. But anything happening with your account while you are not at work so that you don't get over time pay is still your responsibility. Thus the cycle continues.

Advice to Management

Stop with the hourly pay if you expect PC's to be on call and make them salary. OR, just pay for the over time. If some one is working to secure their paycheck and make your customers happy, they deserve the pay.

"Unprofessional"

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies full-time

Pros

There are no pros for working for this company

Cons

Under paid and unprofessional company

"For the Spayed and Neutered"

I worked at OneSource Building Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is really easy

Cons

People there are extreme SEISSUP

Advice to Management

Grow some balls

4. "Very Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at OneSource Building Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's plenty of work if you want to do it. There's plenty of opportunity to excel -- but they are not going to hand it to you; you must show that you are a team player. There's plenty of room for advancement and, if you listen, they will tell you what you need to do to move forward.

Cons

There are none worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

They're doing quite well without my advice.

"Stepping stone"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

You get free coffee and a parking spot. That is good, I guess.

Cons

It is obvious that the only positive reviews on here are written by management. This place is a joke. Senior management is full of loud-mouthed uneducated bullies. Look around the place and you'll notice that most of the staff, including management, only have high school diplomas. The ones that do have college degrees are from diploma mills like University of Phoenix or Devry. This should tell you something about the company culture. Work here and you can expect long hours with no lunch or overtime and very low pay. At best, this place is good to get one year's worth of experience after graduating college but then you should move on to an organization that understands the importance of putting its employees first.

Advice to Management

Reorganization is needed

"Highly political environment, poor management"

Pros

thinking...still thinking...oh yeah Free coffee

Cons

-Top executives have no respect for employees that are not upper upper management; this tendency trickles down into other departments as well
    - Senior managers/ team leads don't have the proper training needed to direct a large group of individuals
    - Lack of consistency in management; allowing perks to certain employees and limiting the same perks to others
    The Department is run by people that have no idea what it takes to be a leader.. The current staff hate what they are doing and dislike the direction that Department is going. They will stab you in the back and try to drown you

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They see and hear more than managers behind closed doors in their offices. Take actions on issues that are brought up. Ignoring them does not make them go away. It creates unhappy people and environments.

"Encourages Creativity, Growth and Innovation...Customer Focused!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to grow tremendously during my time at OSBT. Sr. Management has worked very hard over the past several years to improve operational processes and continually provide resources for employees to learn, grow and develop. OSBT continues to be the go to for our customers IT/Telcom needs and busy is booming! Yes, the workload is heavy and we stay busy, but this is most fulfilling, especially when we recognize that our company is not only maintaining, but excelling and growing despite the current economic and political climate. The even more satisfying feeling is knowing and truly understanding how your hard work has personally made an impact on overall business, customers, colleagues production and quality. OSBT has afforded me the opportunity of a lifetime to be exactly what I WANT to be. If you are looking for a place to start your career or bring in a bucket of untapped skills and talents and reinvent yourself, this is the place to be. Your success depends only on YOU and the possibilities for your career are truly endless!

In addition to the professional cons, OSBT is just a great place to be! The culture is relaxed, family oriented, and community service focused. We work hard, have a lot of fun and give back to organizations of all types year round. Whether we are celebrating a holiday, hosting a fundraiser as a community service project, or gathering to recognize a company or colleague accomplishment, being able to have fun at work is important...and that, we do!

Cons

Current state of building and building management.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction!

8. "Things are looking up."

Pros

Great benefits and competitive pay. 2% matching on 401k, a lot of money contributed from them onto my Medical HSA card, Generous PTO policy, free $50k life insurance and long/short term disability. Free training on a weekly basis, First Aid, OSHA, Fred Pryor, in-house webinars, etc... Encouraged to grow monthly. Very lenient on when you can take lunches and time off.

Cons

You could bring in some networking professionals to train employees on equipment and troubleshooting techniques.

Advice to Management

Keep growing.

9. "Project Coordinator (4 plus years)"

Pros

Great place for career, management accepts ideas for new and inventive ways for improvement. Opportunity to work with technicians around the world on telecom projects for our customers.

Cons

Property management needs to start working on structure issues with building.

Advice to Management

Keep growing

10. "Small compay"

Pros

The CEO was very personable

Cons

Not much structure within the company