Cover image for OneSource Virtual

Add a Review

OneSource Virtual Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 20, 2021

Join the conversation on

Tech

455.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OneSource Virtual~429129
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people you work with are great and some of the direct managers are really nice and accommodating.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Competitive pay and benefits(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great culture and environment.(in 20 reviews)
  • "I worked with a great team who were always willing to help answer questions.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good but expensive for family coverage(in 19 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OneSource Virtual and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 20, 2021 - Recruiting Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work/life balance is great! I can work from home 100% of the time or hybrid and fully in office. This is true with 80% of the positions. Every employee I have encountered has been pleased with their job and the company and it shows. They are helpful and friendly. The company is continuing to grow and find ways to make the employees happy.

Cons

The top tier family medical is a tad pricey but, you get a lot of coverage.

The Engagement Team

Thanks for the great feedback. We love that you are enjoying your flexible work options. We strive to ensure that everyone has a work/life balance and it sounds like we are hitting the mark! We appreciate your feedback on the benefits options and will ensure this information gets to the correct team.

2. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Barely functioning company

Feb 21, 2020 - Tax in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vacation time, knowledge available, business location

Cons

Training, politics, accepted lazy peers, promotion because personal relationships instead of work, lacking work life balance, leadership, no documented clear processes, no support from other groups-selfish and don't work well together, dysfunctional culture, childish adult behavior of co-workers and leaders

3. Join the OneSource Virtual team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Very Happy with my Job

Aug 27, 2019 - Learning and Development in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the flexibility and I actually now have a work life balance. I really like the PTO policy.

Cons

The attendance policy could be better for hourly employees.

The Engagement Team

WOOHOO to a work-life balance! We strive to maintain value #8 (Seek the best for others) and are always looking for ways to better serve our teammates. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on other things we should take into consideration to help keep good employees and our competitive edge.

5. 5.0

High Expectations w/ Great Reward

Jul 21, 2019 - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work-life balance Recognized for hard/quality work Very enjoyable co-workers Motivated employees who want the best for the company

Cons

Not always clear on where leadership wants to take us, would like to see more transparancy here to help motivate towards mutual goals.

The Engagement Team

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the work/life balance culture at OSV. We also agree our employees are amazing! We pride ourselves on our agility and realize that fast moving companies like ours face challenges. Transparency is Value #9 and we always strive to embody our values consistently.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

OSV is a great place to be

Feb 14, 2019 - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity for growth - Executive Leadership tries to be as transparent as possible - GREAT PTO plan - The people are fantastic

Cons

- Recruiting is not always responsive - Can sometimes be difficult to manage work/life balance - Salary below market so difficult to keep talent when other companies offer more money to leave

The Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the list of great things that are happening. We are constantly evaluating our compensation packages to ensure we are competitive in the marketplace.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Been here a few years now...

Nov 6, 2018 - Associate Consultant in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like working here. I like working from home, I like the work/life balance, I like the values, I like the people. I think that management works hard to make BOTH the employees and the customers happy, and thats quite a juggling act. Sometimes corrections are needed, but management is pretty quick to identify where and act on it.

Cons

The benefits are pretty good... domestic partner insurance, good PTO plan. The 401k Match however is a huge JOKE!! They could certainly improve on that. Also, the pay is below market average. Alot of our quality Employees get lured away by the competition. We have had high turnover recently and that creates heavy work load for the rest of us, which causes burn out, which causes EE's to look for other opportunities. This cycle needs to be broken FAST.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting, fast-paced, relational, values-driven company

Oct 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment. I work with some terrific people who know how to work hard in concert with having fun. The leadership has been extremely accessible to me when I need them. Work/life balance has been prioritized company-wide and improved measurably. Popcorn Wednesdays, department competitions, and seasonal company parties make it feel like a family away from home.

Cons

The commute. I wish one of us would move closer.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It really does feel like a family.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Implementation Sweatshop

Aug 16, 2017 - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great sense of team. Experienced consultants are extremely knowledgeable and always willing to lend a hand. HR has been doing a great job at employee engagement and trying to make consultants feel appreciated.

Cons

Company struggles with quality, and upper management has been trying to address this. A lot of nice words have been said, and incentives offered. But when their main focus is squeezing every productive dollar they can from their consultants, it fails. To allow consultants to meet their productivity goals they overload them with more than they can even keep track of, and go after their work/life balance.

7 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. OSV’s values and teammates support a culture that revolves around teamwork and customer focus. As you mentioned, we have made great strides to better engage our employees. In support of this, we continue to remain transparent with our financial and operational metrics. We pride ourselves on continuous innovation and leading the industry not only in customer quality and satisfaction, but in being a great place to work.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

After working here for sometime, here is why I stay

Jun 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

To work for a CEO that actually cares about his business, his employees. We're a fast growing organization and always looking to grow. There are a lot of employees you can see are passionate about OSV and care about this company just as much as their family, willing to do anything for us. We have diversity within the workplace where most of our leaders below the executive group that represent different genders, different nationalities, different backgrounds and care about being fair. The executives rolled out a company wide strategy and we're all held to the objectives. We have monthly meetings on where we stand on those objectives and congratulations are said to those that have earned it. I have referred a lot of employees and they value my candidates as the right fit. I see a lot of my team members referring folks as well, that is respectable in a sense that if one cares about OSV to refer a trusted team member. I do feel we have a strong work/life balance at OSV, it is manageable for most when you know there are times we will have to work harder than normal. When there is a break, it is encouraged to take time off. This is the first company where I can truly be myself without fear of someone telling me to not do that or don't bother mentioning a fix or change to a process. This has been one of the best companies I have worked for and I will stay as long as it stays exciting and I can continue to give my input.

Cons

This company is not for everyone. I have seen some team members that have the right skills join my team, but they just want their role to be a job. This is not just a punch in and punch out and collect a paycheck. It is a job that expects you to pull your weight as a family member.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews