Onewire Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Skiddy von Stade

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Guy"

I have been working at Onewire full-time

Pros

Love the environment. Everyone in it for each other. Tightly knit group.

Cons

Have not made recent strides to advance the technology & rely too much on current clients to grow their candidate database.

Advice to Management

Expand marketing department.

2. "Great Company"

Pros

Great work atmosphere with amazing people. As an intern at OneWire, I truly enjoyed every minute working alongside such talented, hard-working, and driven individuals. The senior management of the firm cares deeply about each employee, which fosters a comfortable and tight knit environment. I look forward to seeing this company continue to grow in the future.

Cons

OneWire's office space is relatively small. I didn't view this as being particularly negative, however, because it allows for everyone to remain in close contact with each other.

3. "Hockey-stick moment"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Onewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

OneWire went through its start-up moment of trying to figure out who it wants to be when it grows up - who are our customers, whats the product, how do we price and market it - and what do we want our culture to be. Not that we still don't have tough decisions every day but we are squarely in early company phase. We've got great clients - the top hedge funds, investment banks and private equity firms pay to use our product ; we've got a core group of people who've been together since the beginning and have successfully added new faces to the team; we are a work hard play hard, high energy, results oriented culture. Now we are positioned for that explosive growth moment. We just need more of the right people to join us to execute the plan. And as I'm in sales and have done start up, early stage tech co's before - the comp potential at OneWire is ridiculous. Even with over 100 great clients, management pays 20% uncapped at quota with the opportunity to go to 30% when over. For a sales person, the earning potential is unreal especially at a firm with brand name clients and a product that works!

Cons

The team is lean so you may be required to wear many hats. Self-motivation is key as you may not get the oversight and guidance of a larger firm. The long-term success will be determined on the ability to build out sales, marketing and technology to maintain the growth.

Advice to Management

Hire more of the right people - and do so quickly!

"Gained invaluable experience at this high potential company"

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Onewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented group of people, great company culture, many opportunities for professional growth, you get to work on an interesting, innovative, high potential product.

I watched this company make impressive strides in the last couple years, and I am highly optimistic about the future of the company.

Cons

It's a lean team, so you may find yourself spread thin and wearing a number of hats you never expected to wear. This could be a pro, depending on how you look at it.

Advice to Management

You have a great culture and a great product. Just hire some more people!

5. "Its Ok"

Pros

Staff is nice and helpful

Cons

Too unstable and a little too opaque with how the company is doing as a whole

"OneWire is cutting edge and unstoppable"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

OneWire is a fantastic place to work. Management is constantly brainstorming about what's next in the recruitment and technology spaces. The people are delightfully positive while a nack at communicating within the office. They use their smarts and high-energy to create a much-sought after work-hard, play-hard environment. They are worker-bees with and understanding that home-life is important as well as professional life. One of the mantras of OneWire is that everyone has valuable insight and is encouraged to to contribute to meetings.

Cons

OneWire is growing, and will probably need a larger staff soon.

7. "Interesting work but less pay rate and very stressfull"

Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Onewire full-time

Pros

The work was with advanced technologies and learned a lot with a good team.

Cons

Overall for Employee career opportunities, there was no any way to go ahead and Benefits are also was not that much attractive.

"Huge 180 -- Sky is the limit...."

Former Employee - Vice President Product Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Product Management in New York, NY

I worked at Onewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is heading in the right direction after a big leadership shake-up and refocusing on a new strategy in 2012. Management has a plan and it is actually working -- more user engagement, higher acquisition rates, and nearly doubling revenue.

Product has been rebuilt from the ground up in the last year making it easier to use and better positioned for the marketplace. Exclusive video content series and addition of an internal, boutique recruiting firm are driving buzz and showcase the reach/access the company has.

You finally get the sense that management values their employees and sees them as a key to success. Huge departure from the old guard's mentality and is paying off in much improved morale.

Cons

It's a small company setting and not for everyone. Benefits are limited due to size/ negotiating power but they try to make up for it with bonus days off, parties, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue carving out your niche, innovating, and building a healthy business. Don't get caught up on "world domination" ever again.

"It was a pleasure working here!"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Onewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found the projects I worked on to be really interesting. When tasked with a project we were given the green light to use many of the newer technologies available. For a tech person, you can't ask for more than that. I found the folks there to be incredibly supportive. I made some excellent friends in my two years there. I found my manager as well as senior management to be very approachable. My time there was well spent-- I only hope I learn as much at my next job.

Cons

Hey.. it's not google.... I mean maybe they could use an espresso machine. A 401K plan would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep the items in the product pipeline as simple as possible. Complicated features need to be broken down into simpler ones, and tested out as soon as possible.

"Great environment at a promising company..."

Former Employee - Taxonomy/Data Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Taxonomy/Data Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Onewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, strong talent with good creativity, laid-back, fun office environment, management moving in the right direction. Potential for employees to have an impact is strong.

Cons

More capital would alleviate employees fears but other than that, none.

Advice to Management

Keep improving the product like you have been...I predict great things if you continue on the path you're on!