Online Business Systems Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor

Online Business Systems Anonymous Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2014

5.0
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
  1. "I still love working working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at Online for a number of years and never thought I'd be here for more than 5 years when I started. It's the people, the culture and the ability to make a difference that have kept me here. I had worked for larger corporations previously which had a lot of hierarchy, red tape and bureaucracy. I thought all companies were like that until I got here. I love the fact that people really care about each other and try to help one another. I love the fact that the executive team cares about people and takes the time to connect with Onliners across all regions and practices. I love the fact that although we have processes in place, we still do the right thing when it makes sense. I could go on but you get the picture. Online was the perfect fit for me and has provided a gratifying career.. It has allowed me to grow and has supported me along the way.

Cons

If someone likes a lot of structure and doesn't like change, then this may not be the right environment for them. Onliners are typically able to think on their feet and make good decisions as opposed to following a "how to" rule book. Onliners are also looking for new ways to stretch themselves by being receptive to new client assignments and open to learning new technologies. Days are not always predictable and in my world that is a good thing. It never gets boring.

Advice to Management

Thanks for caring about the people who work here. Continue to look for ways that help us attract and keep good people. Great work!

Online Business Systems2014-10-21
  2. "Truly great employees combined with interesting work make this a fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Portland, OR

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Online is a great company to work for. Being a consulting firm, the work is usually on the leading edge of technology trends, but there is also a wide variety of work across technologies / business domains and the team members are some of the best I've ever worked with. The company has employees across North America but there is still a family atmosphere, and this is very apparent in the Portland office. I think the fact that there are many employees celebrating 10+ years with the company says a lot about the people and the company. I think Online does a good job of providing employees with a balanced experience in terms of compensation, benefits, work experience and career opportunities in an atmosphere that values your opinions and contributions.

Cons

Online has more of a startup feel to it, especially in the Portland office. Prospective employees should expect a more dynamic vibe which may be at odds with their initial impression of Online given it's size and scope. This is not necessarily a con, but more of a consideration. People who like fast paced and interesting projects with a lot of variety will thrive here.

Online Business Systems2014-07-23