Online Business Systems Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Consultant

Online Business Systems Consultant Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2019

4.9
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
  1. "Great company, great people and great balance of hard work and fun."

Current Contractor - Security Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Online Business Systems for less than a year

Pros

Engaging management, peers and staff. Working hard to be the best. Extremely skillful and team oriented employees.

Cons

Fast growing so hang on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on this fast growing company.

Online Business Systems2019-09-30
  2. "Love Working Here"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work in a rapidly growing practice within the company Community is tightknit Upper management really cares for their employees

Cons

Working remotely can be an adjustment if one hasn't done so previously.

Advice to Management

None - keep up the great work!

Online Business Systems2019-06-10
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Principal Cyber Security Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They truly care for their staff and treat them as such. The culture is second to none. Proud to tell people who I work for.

Cons

No downsides for working for this great company.

Online Business Systems2019-05-23
  4. "A wonderful company that embodies their virtues"

Current Employee - Senior Security Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are surrounded by smart people who all want to see you succeed and are forthcoming with sharing their knowledge and expertise. Everyone is willing to pitch in to accomplish goals and will help you find answers to your questions.

Cons

So far so good, no cons! The workforce is spread all over the US and Canada with most working from home. Maybe if you don't like working remote that could be considered a con.

Online Business Systems2019-05-20
  5. "Awesome organization with awesome people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are amazing synergies along with strong internal support, advancement opportunities, and a who's who list of clientele. A company growing by leaps and bounds

Cons

I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up this amazing voyage!

Online Business Systems2019-02-11
  6. "Absolutely the best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything about working here. 401k Match, great health, average pay. Benefits compete against the best firms out there. You can sometimes feel a little lost as we have no US home base. Everyone works on their own island.

Cons

Work should be distributed a little better. You go weeks at 30% and then months at 80%.

Advice to Management

Let’s not lose sight of our core values as we grow.

Online Business Systems2018-09-17
  7. "Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Security Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent culture, invests in their people (training, career development), management listens and acts on your ideas and suggestions.

Cons

No significant cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Don't let your success be your downfall. Bigger is not always better. Reme,ber what made you successful.

Online Business Systems2016-12-20

"Best organization I've ever worked for - balancing business success, customer service and employee growth."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

OBS is an organization where you will quickly become very proud and very grateful for the company you work for. Proud of the way every single person cares so much about clients. Grateful for the team you get to rub shoulders with and the career (and personal) growth you'll experience.

Cons

In the City where I work, OBS is not a 'household name' (for the want of a better term). Hopefully as business continues to grow we will become as well-known as we are in other locations.

Advice to Management

The first 25 years delivered outstanding results. I can see that happening again as we close in on the end of the next 5-year period. Let’s keep it going!

Online Business Systems2015-04-08

"Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Intermediate Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are very friendly, great to work with, and know their stuff! - Salary seems to be consistent with the local market, if not a bit higher - Flexibility to try new tracks and learn new skills - Flexibility in working hours and location - Leadership cares about the employees, their families, and career trajectories

Cons

- Working at client sites can make you feel a bit disconnected - Office locations generally downtown, so commute can wear on you (not much to do about that) - Small company that everyone loves (and few leave), so opportunities to move up in the leadership chain can be limited (a con for some, but only as a result of a positive company)

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work! - Ensure you're looking internally to develop staff into new leaders - Provide pathways not just to new levels of consulting, but also pathways to leadership positions/opportunities.

Online Business Systems2014-10-27
  10. "I'm treated with dignity and respect by all members of the OBS team, and enjoy the truly professional environment."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Online provides an atmosphere of a large business family, and the professional development opportunities are second to none. Online not only encourages but insists on work/life balance (work hard/play hard), and aligns resources to support this philosophy. The people are sincerely nice, and I enjoy working with them all. Online is a great place to work!

Cons

As with all organizations, Online is challenged in providing affordable health care to its employees. Last year, however, the out of pocket maximum and co-pays increased substantially, and I'm concerned about the cost increases that might be around the corner. Also, I'd like to see 401k matching please.

Advice to Management

Having met and socialized with the executive management team, I must say that they are all bright, engaging, and excellent business leaders.

Online Business Systems2014-09-23