KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Online Optimism Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

5.0
Online Optimism CEO Flynn Zaiger (no image)
Flynn Zaiger
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Time there

Jul 27, 2021 - Graphic Design Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly. Very nice. Great work culture

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Awesome Job

Jan 29, 2021 - Graphic Design Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding, fast-paced, and encouraging environment. Online Optimism gave me the experience I needed to progress my professional graphic design career.

Cons

As much as the fast-paced environment is a pro it could be a con at some instances. There were just a few occasions where I had to produce work in a seriously short amount of time. However, you are working with a team and it's good to get in practice with limits like that.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-Growing, Innovative and Ethical

Jul 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Online Optimism for several years and I can say that it is honestly an incredible place to work. Everyone works constantly toward improving their skills, knowledge, and capabilities. The environment is open, accessible to ask questions, share a story, ask for help - and I think those are most important. It is a young company but it's growing quickly.

Cons

It's a fast-growing company with large and small clients - which means everyone has a lot of responsibility. We try new management tactics all the time - both with clients and internally. Every employee has direct contact with clients. You provide small presentations to the office, stand in company videos, create reports, go to client meetings and lots more. If you are just trying to put in your 40 hours - if you're not trying to build a career and help these businesses - this isn't the place for you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company like no other

Jul 13, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at this company is incredible. I've never worked with a group that's so open and receptive to feedback. There is absolutely no unnecessary bureaucracy or office politics. I've seen this company from its very early stages and it's been amazing to see it grow and evolve. This space really isn't big enough for all the good things I could say about Online Optimism.

Cons

It can be very fast paced and demanding. We are not a huge team so a lot is expected of you, which isn't necessarily bad, but can be stressful at times. But hey, it's work and the pros really end up outweighing anything else.

5. 5.0
    Former Intern

Fast Paced, Challenging, Lots to Learn

Jul 27, 2017 - Digital Marketing Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, particularly right out of college. Hands on and constantly changing set of tasks keeping things interesting. I got to complete work and projects that I could actually see implemented, which was nice. Coworkers were smart and exciting. Lots of people doing interesting things around New Orleans, and they were supportive of everything. One of the best things was adaptability. If someone suggested we make a change to the office, it would often happen in place by the end of the week. Benefits for an intern were pretty great. Snacks, lunch on fridays, parking paid for in the CBD. Brought around town to lots of networking events. Not exactly my favorite thing to do, but we were paid to join at least. One of the better local agencies to join for those that can keep up.

Cons

The whole company is so young, that at times there's awkwardness from being managed by someone a year younger than you. They're also not kidding about it being fast-paced. Most days were breathless rushes from one new project to the next, and sometimes instructions consisted of "you'll figure it out." Which we did, but didn't make things easy.

Continue reading