Online Optimism Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Online Optimism Reviews

Updated 16 Jul 2018

5.0
Online Optimism CEO Flynn Zaiger (no image)
Flynn Zaiger
  1. "Fast-Growing, Innovative and Ethical"

I have been working at Online Optimism full-time

Pros

I've worked at Online Optimism for several years and I can say that it is honestly an incredible place to work. Everyone works constantly toward improving their skills, knowledge, and capabilities. The environment is open, accessible to ask questions, share a story, ask for help - and I think those are most important. It is a young company but it's growing quickly.

Cons

It's a fast-growing company with large and small clients - which means everyone has a lot of responsibility. We try new management tactics all the time - both with clients and internally. Every employee has direct contact with clients. You provide small presentations to the office, stand in company videos, create reports, go to client meetings and lots more. If you are just trying to put in your 40 hours - if... you're not trying to build a career and help these businesses - this isn't the place for you.

Online Optimism2018-07-17
  2. "A company like no other"

I have been working at Online Optimism for more than a year

Pros

The culture at this company is incredible. I've never worked with a group that's so open and receptive to feedback. There is absolutely no unnecessary bureaucracy or office politics. I've seen this company from its very early stages and it's been amazing to see it grow and evolve. This space really isn't big enough for all the good things I could say about Online Optimism.

Cons

It can be very fast paced and demanding. We are not a huge team so a lot is expected of you, which isn't necessarily bad, but can be stressful at times. But hey, it's work and the pros really end up outweighing anything else.

Online Optimism2018-07-13
  3. "Fast Paced, Challenging, Lots to Learn"

Former Intern - Digital Marketing Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Online Optimism

Pros

Great place to work, particularly right out of college. Hands on and constantly changing set of tasks keeping things interesting. I got to complete work and projects that I could actually see implemented, which was nice. Coworkers were smart and exciting. Lots of people doing interesting things around New Orleans, and they were supportive of everything. One of the best things was adaptability. If someone... suggested we make a change to the office, it would often happen in place by the end of the week. Benefits for an intern were pretty great. Snacks, lunch on fridays, parking paid for in the CBD. Brought around town to lots of networking events. Not exactly my favorite thing to do, but we were paid to join at least. One of the better local agencies to join for those that can keep up.

Cons

The whole company is so young, that at times there's awkwardness from being managed by someone a year younger than you. They're also not kidding about it being fast-paced. Most days were breathless rushes from one new project to the next, and sometimes instructions consisted of "you'll figure it out." Which we did, but didn't make things easy.

Advice to Management

There's only so much staff can learn by doing. New employees are thrown right into the mix. Training would make the first month far smooth.

Online Optimism2017-07-27