Online Trading Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Online Trading Academy Founder & President Eyal Shahar
Eyal Shahar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "After all, coming to work shouldn't have to be a chore but an enjoyment" (in 5 reviews)

• "Great work environment, which makes it fun to come to work" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Better People!"

Current Employee - Student Support Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Student Support Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Online Trading Academy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Online Trading Academy the focus is all on the students. This is truly education that can change lives. From the staff to the instructors, it is a people focused environment that educates, encourages and supports students through their journey to learn to trade the financial markets. It is a corporate culture that fosters ideas and growth to a level that is unparalleled anywhere else. The people, their caring, focus and passion, really do make this a fantastic place to work.

Cons

As people make the environment, there is an issue with consistency across environments. OTA is a global presence and each campus has its own focus and priorities.

Advice to Management

Standardization of tech across the network would increase the instructor's abilities to teach.

"OTA is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive culture where management really cares about the success of employees. Plenty of opportunities to get involved with strategic initiatives.
    Great teamwork environment and very little territorial nonsense. Lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Things are constantly changing and the pace is fast. For people who like routine and predictability, the environment at OTA may not be suitable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Vice President"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

After more than 25 years of working in cultures, internal competition, silos, territories, divergent goals...I found OTA. Rather, they found me. You will not find another company with more loving people. Driven and innovative environment. Hard, but purposeful work. Students success is #1 with amazing team work and great franchisees. The daily catering and monthly car washes are a nice plus.

This company is on fire! Great time to get in.

Cons

None than I can think of.

Advice to Management

We can do a better job with long-term career pathing.

"Outstanding Culture and Legacy"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great company culture
    • Terrific team members
    • Robust budgets and support
    • Fabulous content
    • Exceptional value proposition and industry
    • Tons of terrific food
    • Solid benefit package and compensation

Cons

• Complex bureaucratic structure
    • Change happens somewhat slowly
    • Diversity of franchises is a challenge to management

Advice to Management

Stay the course! The talent is great and we're enabled to both do our jobs and advance, both personally and as a company. Improved benefits would be a plus, but aren't necessary given the generous compensation.

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of this organization is amazing, best of any company I have ever worked for. Also, innovation is encouraged - Embraces change

Cons

Work plenty of hours, but the rewards are valid

Advice to Management

Continue clear communication to teams. Continue to look beyond trading to other financial education services

"The sky's the limit at OTA!"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

Outstanding in the areas of culture, innovation and direction with a focus on always doing right by the customer. Lots of companies like to say they're like a family but OTA is the real deal. Differentiator - encouragement to try new, and what may seem like crazy ideas, and fail; because growth only happens OUTSIDE of your comfort zone.

Cons

For some, perhaps the company moves very quickly or is continually innovating. However, these are some of the reasons for it's tremendous success. So if you are truly an "A" player, this won't phase you at all.

"Great company built to last"

Current Employee - Research Director
    Current Employee - Research Director

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for 20+ years and consider it the best career choice by far of my life. The OTA leadership is built on integrity to deliver highly valued solutions of financial skills and literacy with leading edge innovations. I have observed 10,000's lives transformed by the global OTA family. Most competitors from the 1997-2000 era have evaporated. OTA is number one global brand in the niche because of the leadership integrity and commitment to excellence.

Cons

none really to be concerned about that is not offset by the track record of net results.

Advice to Management

Keep on innovation and push the envelope for more excellence.

"Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

Great employee benefits (free breakfast and lunch) and management that really cares about building a great team.

Cons

Parking is a bit of a challenge right now

"Dream Company- wonderful people, culture and mission"

Current Employee - Operations in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driven people all around; which contributes to a very happy and motivated environment and exceptional culture. Everyone here is always laughing, smiling and is dedicated to doing their job to the best of their ability and creating the best experience and educational services to our students. This should be no surprise because the company cares for and takes care of their employees, which trickles down to the students. Management trusts their employees and I see a lot of promotion within the company.

The biggest draw/benefit to me is the offering of their world- class education, which you get as an employee. We are also provided wonderful and healthy options for both breakfast, lunch and snacks on a daily basis (Vegan, GF, SF and Kosher options are also available). There are several options for medical benefits with good coverage, and they are extremely generous with what they cover. Other perks include free car wash each month, monthly celebration, summer BBQ, Holiday Party, ice- cream socials/trucks, among other various employee- appreciation events.

Cons

Cannot think of any. I just wish I came here sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have created a world- class education program but also a world- class company to work for. I am so proud to work here and be part of the OTA Family!

"Finally found a home"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of us spend our careers moving from company to company, department to department, career to career in search of success, yes. But more importantly, I believe we move to find a home. OTA puts its franchisees, its employees, but most importantly its students first. I believe if you ask most people across the company, they'll tell you it's company that feels like a home.

OTA is a driven company for driven people. This is a place where its great to take risks, if something is in the best interest of the students, the franchisees and the employees. Like a home, when you fail, you have a support group to pick you up.

I've never worked in a franchise organization where there is as healthy debates and alignment as this one. Not contentious like most.

And, like home, they feed you every day. Yes, catering! Car washes. And, a quality education.

Cons

Parking can be a challenge on some days...but then again, that's a sign of a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!