Online Trading Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 21, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • In my role I get to travel and meet great people (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment, which makes it fun to come to work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't like putting in a couple of long days a week or working weekends then this is not the type of company for you (in 13 reviews)

• Its a fast pace and some people may not enjoy such a fast moving environment (in 9 reviews)

"Great Company"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

Great people and benefits here

Cons

The company can put the cart before the horse on some projects

2. "Deception from the start"

Former Employee - Presentation Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Presentation Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Business like atmosphere, good hard material, a few dedicated real traders, nice lunch and breakfast, convenient hours of operation, good off site assistance.

Cons

From the opening line OTA will lie to your face, the bait and switch fee for the 3 day class, how other systems don’t work””” they do work” lies of % on return and fees, this is OTA . If your knowledge of markets is discovered and you ask to many questions, someone will come into the class and tell you to leave, your being taped and listened to . The ceo floods websites to boost his approval ratings, it’s a toxic company that’s always working against each other , Do your research , you have been warned and good luck trading,,

Advice to Management

Be honest plan and simple, don’t fire people who don’t fit your cult, stop making students instructors,, they have zero experience in the marketplace other then your clone classes

"Great Company, Better People!"

Current Employee - Student Support Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Student Support Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Online Trading Academy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Online Trading Academy the focus is all on the students. This is truly education that can change lives. From the staff to the instructors, it is a people focused environment that educates, encourages and supports students through their journey to learn to trade the financial markets. It is a corporate culture that fosters ideas and growth to a level that is unparalleled anywhere else. The people, their caring, focus and passion, really do make this a fantastic place to work.

Cons

As people make the environment, there is an issue with consistency across environments. OTA is a global presence and each campus has its own focus and priorities.

Advice to Management

Standardization of tech across the network would increase the instructor's abilities to teach.

4. "Zombie Culture"

Current Employee - Presentation Team Member in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Presentation Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free food, tons of hard material , some but very few actual professional traders, most instructors are former students so ask for bio on them, clean and professional facilities.

Cons

Starts with training, your told to make up stories or take other 3 rd party stories to get sales, Lie yes lie and say OTA is the only system that works, The other systems work too.. lie yes lie on % of return in investment. If you are challenged by a person in class with knowledge that person is told to leave, you are being recorded and watched, someone will come in the class and tell you to leave ASAP. Scare tactics and lies on the old, poor and financially uneducated are the tools of the trade,, To enroll it starts at 14K,, a lot of instructors are former students,, anyone different from the cult is fired, OTA says it’s a family because they hug yes hug each other but in reality it’s sales sales sales at any cost . CEO is driven by his ego,, private parking for him only,, yea family lol,, be very careful,, take a free class then fact check your notes and I promise you’ll never enroll. Yes there systems work but for up to 50 k you can get the same results for a lot cheaper.. So be careful do your own fact check and good luck

Advice to Management

Training,, step out of the box and listen to actual traders. Stop sleazy lies and scare tactics.. Ego is rampant in our company, send the so called hot shot presenter to less then affluent areas,, rather then cherry pick his spots. Be upfront on price, again stop lies and smoke and mirrors.

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Compassion for our Clients.
    - Desire to the best in our Industry ant providing the best Content, Training and Support for our Students.
    - Willingness to strive to be better.

Cons

The organization continues to grow and get better, so I see no issues.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Focused on Student Success"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly focused on the mission to help students reach THEIR goals. Always looking forward. Committed to the cutting edge of the financial education industry. Culture and goals are admirable and executed fairly well - especially being a franchise structure. Provides legit training that is as real as the student makes it. The product is the best. You'll sleep well at night with the big picture and feel of OTA. Very positive environment. Just never forget that its a business.

Cons

Compensation changes seem to an annual occurrence, especially if working at corporate from what I've heard. The franchise locations have independent owners. The entire business model looks different from owner to owner. There are good ones and not so good owners. No surprise there. The company seems to make quick decisions that often slow down the business. Everyone is always talking about marketing challenges for some reason. Not my thing.

Advice to Management

Promises made should always be promises kept.

"Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Instructor in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, very nice atmosphere, can do more or less work to fit your needs

Cons

No real cons, just have to do your work well

"Enriching the Lives of their Employees"

Current Employee - Education Program Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Education Program Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My managers have always been about doing what they can to enrich my own life. Teaching me what I need to learn to do my job better, and utilizing my strengths and what gives me joy for my tasks.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication down through the departments. Though this has been steadily improving.

Sometimes the chain of command is a bit unclear.

Advice to Management

Clarify Chain of command so we know who to go to with what.
    Continue improving communication down through the ranks.

"We really care!"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Imagine working at a place where employees really care about customers and each other. Look no further, this is it!

Cons

Some days run a little long.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

"Transforming Lives"

Current Employee - Owner Operator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Owner Operator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership - Love - Integrity - Honesty - Competent - Family

Cons

Very pleased and happy to be a part of this organization.

Advice to Management

Continue living OTA values