Online Trading Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Online Trading Academy Founder & President Eyal Shahar
Eyal Shahar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most positive work environment and culture I’ve ever been a part of" (in 9 reviews)

• "After all, coming to work shouldn't have to be a chore but an enjoyment" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to love working at a fast pace" (in 9 reviews)

• "so yea no cons from me, I love it here" (in 6 reviews)

"Almost a decade with Online Trading Academy"

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, In ten years i have never had a "case of the Mondays" we have very little turn over, we work together across divisions to get it done.
    Online Trading Academy Encourages and reward out of the box thinking.
    Great work life balance.

It is a company where you can grow, i started almost 10 years ago fairly entry level I worked hard and have been mentored by a few executives here.
    About 5 years ago I was promoted to Director,and this summer was made a V.P.
    The mentoring and guidance at Online Trading Academy helps you take you to a whole new level

Cons

AT HQ they serve lunch every day and i have gained a few lbs. so yea no cons from me, I love it here.

"Education Counselor"

Current Employee - Educational Counselor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Educational Counselor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most positive work environment and culture I’ve ever been a part of.
    I’ve worked in the Corporate world for many years and Online Trading Academy is a truly unique and inspiring company to work for. I’ve never been a part of anything like it.
    At Online Trading Academy the focus is all on the students. This is truly education that can change lives. The environment in the Brooklyn & LI locations is unparalleled. There is great teamwork between everyone and it is an encouraging, collaborative atmosphere. Everyone is here for the same common goal of student success, along with our success. You will not find another company with a more loving culture than OTA. OTA is a family and the best decision I ever made.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. After attending our Annual International Conference last week in CA, I am so fired up for everything to come and where OTA is going. What a time to be at OTA!!

3. "Corporate"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

Definitely a great culture - everyone truly cares about each other and the success of the students.

Cons

The company has grown a lot quickly which creates growing pains.

"Most positive work environment I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in the Brooklyn/Long Island center has been more than I could have ever imagined. My role is extremely fulfilling. I assist our students in changing their financial lives for the better. I look forward to coming in every day and making a difference.

The environment at our center is the most positive and supportive that I have ever been associated. Everybody works in tandem, wilfully encouraging and helping each other. This teamwork is what makes this center so special.

Management nurtures the team members which releases our full abilities and potential. New ideas are encouraged and recognized and management loves nothing more than promoting from within. I believe in today's corporate world, this level of positivity is rare and I am so grateful to be a part of this team at the Brooklyn/Long Island center.

Cons

Not a true con but no matter your role, you must be all in. Working hard is expected but you know you are contributing to the overall success of the center.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support and we will always give you our best.

"Glorified Tele Marketing Job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is free. Decent Saturday lunches.

Cons

Work at least 3 weekends a month. Mostly phone work with some interaction with clients. Pure sales. Bang em and tag em. Doesn't matter if they can absorb the info as long as their credit is good and then can pay the $25,000 up to $50,000.00 payment. Location is on its 3rd management team. Since my time there they have gone through multiple managers and personnel. High turnover.

"Franchise Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If considering employment in Long Island, the “awful”-review is legit. The five star review that followed though is most likely contributed by Marketing Team to counteract the valid negative review. Company covers for Franchises’ weaknesses with fake praise rather than holding Franchise Owners to proper standards.

Cons

No one is trained properly. What HQ delivers is so watered down by the time that it passes through the ranks of not properly trained staff - starting with Managers - that I am surprised students even buy the product. We don’t trust each other and not owners and not managers. It’s surprising it doesn’t translate to low sales always.

HQ never checks on employees. It’s sink or swim. And most franchise management are sharks.

HQ cares about employees. Just not any outside of their location. Rest of us got raw deal and bogus shiny objects to first catch our eye.

Advice to Management

To HQ- Disenfranchise your franchises so employees get real story and they can walk in employment aware and not conned. Get more business minded people to run businesses of your franchises. I talk to some people in other cities and no one gets why you people would show us a shiny new car when we leave training to go back to clunkers.

To Management- Do homework. Keep trying at least.

"OTA is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive culture where management really cares about the success of employees. Plenty of opportunities to get involved with strategic initiatives.
    Great teamwork environment and very little territorial nonsense. Lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Things are constantly changing and the pace is fast. For people who like routine and predictability, the environment at OTA may not be suitable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

After more than 25 years of working in cultures, internal competition, silos, territories, divergent goals...I found OTA. Rather, they found me. You will not find another company with more loving people. Driven and innovative environment. Hard, but purposeful work. Students success is #1 with amazing team work and great franchisees. The daily catering and monthly car washes are a nice plus.

This company is on fire! Great time to get in.

Cons

None than I can think of.

Advice to Management

We can do a better job with long-term career pathing.

"Outstanding Culture and Legacy"

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great company culture
    • Terrific team members
    • Robust budgets and support
    • Fabulous content
    • Exceptional value proposition and industry
    • Tons of terrific food
    • Solid benefit package and compensation

Cons

• Complex bureaucratic structure
    • Change happens somewhat slowly
    • Diversity of franchises is a challenge to management

Advice to Management

Stay the course! The talent is great and we're enabled to both do our jobs and advance, both personally and as a company. Improved benefits would be a plus, but aren't necessary given the generous compensation.

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of this organization is amazing, best of any company I have ever worked for. Also, innovation is encouraged - Embraces change

Cons

Work plenty of hours, but the rewards are valid

Advice to Management

Continue clear communication to teams. Continue to look beyond trading to other financial education services