Online Trading Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Online Trading Academy Founder & President Eyal Shahar
Eyal Shahar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work environment, which makes it fun to come to work" (in 9 reviews)

• "After all, coming to work shouldn't have to be a chore but an enjoyment" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to love working at a fast pace" (in 9 reviews)

• "so yea no cons from me, I love it here" (in 7 reviews)

"Opportunity to Make Good Use of My Strengths"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

I love working at Online Trading Academy. I am not only part of an amazing team of caring people and leadership, but I have been given immense freedom to pursue my interests and make good use of my strengths. Its a win win for both the company and myself.

Cons

There are no cons worth noting

2. "Company Review"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Innovative but sometimes overreaching products

Cons

Overpriced product that is sold to too many who cant afford it

"It Feels Like Family!"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

What I love about Online Trading Academy is the genuine love they have for their employees and students. It is a fast paced environment where people are able to grow and are encouraged to bring their talents to the table. The culture flows from the top and is evident in all they do.

Cons

There aren't too many down sides. The company is willing to take risks and try new things! If you're used to a subdued, slow moving organization, this wouldn't be a good fit. The team work makes it all possible.

Advice to Management

The benefits are great in so many ways, health/dental/vision obviously, Compensation for gym memberships, amazing breakfast and lunch options daily. Loving people to work with, my advise to management would be to keep on doing what you do :)

"No place is perfect, but OTA may be a close as it gets …"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in education, fortune 100, and non-profit organizations. I highly value being surrounded by smart people who challenge me to grow. I love disrupting and feeling supported when my bets don’t pay off. I love knowing that what I do matters. I love that this is the culture I experience everyday at OTA!

Cons

Nothing that could be categorized as a con.

5. "Don't believe all those positive reviews"

I worked at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Food, meeting great people (i.e. the students)

Cons

Horrible culture, as stated in other reviews "bag em and tag em" in sales as long as someone has credit. Support staff in the office is not respected (Student Support, Operations, Admin). Right from the very top "they have no value in the sales process" so you can never get a raise. 3 years and on opportunity for even a cost of living increase.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and stop saying you have a great culture and actually embrace it.

"Almost a decade with Online Trading Academy"

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, In ten years i have never had a "case of the Mondays" we have very little turn over, we work together across divisions to get it done.
    Online Trading Academy Encourages and reward out of the box thinking.
    Great work life balance.

It is a company where you can grow, i started almost 10 years ago fairly entry level I worked hard and have been mentored by a few executives here.
    About 5 years ago I was promoted to Director,and this summer was made a V.P.
    The mentoring and guidance at Online Trading Academy helps you take you to a whole new level

Cons

AT HQ they serve lunch every day and i have gained a few lbs. so yea no cons from me, I love it here.

"Education Counselor"

Current Employee - Educational Counselor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Educational Counselor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most positive work environment and culture I’ve ever been a part of.
    I’ve worked in the Corporate world for many years and Online Trading Academy is a truly unique and inspiring company to work for. I’ve never been a part of anything like it.
    At Online Trading Academy the focus is all on the students. This is truly education that can change lives. The environment in the Brooklyn & LI locations is unparalleled. There is great teamwork between everyone and it is an encouraging, collaborative atmosphere. Everyone is here for the same common goal of student success, along with our success. You will not find another company with a more loving culture than OTA. OTA is a family and the best decision I ever made.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. After attending our Annual International Conference last week in CA, I am so fired up for everything to come and where OTA is going. What a time to be at OTA!!

"Corporate"

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time

Pros

Definitely a great culture - everyone truly cares about each other and the success of the students.

Cons

The company has grown a lot quickly which creates growing pains.

"OTA shake down"

Former Employee - Presentation Team Member in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Presentation Team Member in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food clean facilities hard copy materials

Cons

Everything- starts with training from Dallas.. they tel you to make up stories of success so you can sell sell sell,, OTA looks for old, poor and financially uneducated to prey on,, this is not a school but boiler shop to make money,, its 50 k to complete,, instructors are not former Wall st traders,, if you drink the kool aid your fine if not your gone,, Like the one trader from Nyc,, OTA will lie about returns % anything to sell,, they claim they have the only system that works,, lie!! OTA is repacked Support resistance trading system,, if you ask to many questions in the forum and start to unravel the lies you are told to leave immediately, they watch and listen in the PR dept room,, that same department floods this and other sites with pro reviews. Stay away save your money,, do your on research and buy books to help you,, OTA will only take your money

Advice to Management

Hire real traders and stop the sleazy sales gimmicks,, but the ceo won’t

"Most positive work environment I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Online Trading Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in the Brooklyn/Long Island center has been more than I could have ever imagined. My role is extremely fulfilling. I assist our students in changing their financial lives for the better. I look forward to coming in every day and making a difference.

The environment at our center is the most positive and supportive that I have ever been associated. Everybody works in tandem, wilfully encouraging and helping each other. This teamwork is what makes this center so special.

Management nurtures the team members which releases our full abilities and potential. New ideas are encouraged and recognized and management loves nothing more than promoting from within. I believe in today's corporate world, this level of positivity is rare and I am so grateful to be a part of this team at the Brooklyn/Long Island center.

Cons

Not a true con but no matter your role, you must be all in. Working hard is expected but you know you are contributing to the overall success of the center.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support and we will always give you our best.