Onna Technologies Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.4
Onna Technologies Founder and CEO Salim Elkhou (no image)
Salim Elkhou
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company Culture & People Are Amazing!

Mar 31, 2021 - Customer Success Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people truly care! They want to see you succeed and set you up with all the necessary tools to do so. Organized and efficient - always thinking one step ahead. Open to feedback - you feel heard and your opinion is valued. Great benefits, WFH policy, and flexible PTO.

Cons

A few growing pains as a start up but that is what makes it so exciting! We are growing like crazy so it can be hard to keep up with the new faces. But overall I can't say anything negative at all.

Onna Technologies Response

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time at Onna! Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

2. 4.0

account

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great product and interesting conversations

Cons

a lot of training and need for legal background

3. 5.0

Great community!

Nov 23, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I onboarded totally virtually and have been impressed by Onna's welcoming community and culture. It has been refreshing to be at a company that's growing so quickly, and to be helping people get back to work.

Cons

None I can think of :)

Onna Technologies Response

Thanks for such an awesome review! The pandemic presented us with a challenge and an opportunity to become more intentional with our onboarding and welcoming efforts. Glad to learn you had such a positive experience!

4. 5.0

My Interview with Onna

May 20, 2020 - Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They had a very straight forward Interview process in my opinion. Everyone was very friendly and open to questions. I would say, aside from one's own work experience, a HUGE part of their interview process is meeting the entire team and seeing if you're a cultural fit.

Cons

No cons at all. What you see is what you get - Many smart and kind individuals working together towards the same goal.

Onna Technologies Response

Thanks so much for sharing feedback on your BDR interview process. We're glad that you had a positive experience interviewing with us!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Kind of a crapshow

May 19, 2020 - GTM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty lax environment. Everyone is trusted to go in and do what they need to do. Not a whole lot of micro-managing. The people team is pretty great.

Cons

There are very few people who know what they're doing or know what's going on. The very low few that do are fantastic, but for everyone else it's like fish out of water. Certain people should not be in management positions. Not enough training so a lot of people don't know what the platform does or why it exists.

3 people found this review helpful

Onna Technologies Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is imperative to us that we create a space where all Onners feel seen and heard and so we appreciate this candid feedback. To that end, while we always aim to do the right thing, we recognize that at times we fall short. Going forward, we will do our absolute best to keep the channels of communication open so that we are able to meet the needs of every Onner. We've made improvements in our onboarding programs (including deep dives into our products), and in manager training, but we'll continue to come up with new ways to make sure our employees are heard and feel valued.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture First - Process Matters!

Feb 11, 2020 - Workplace Experience Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazingly supportive team, who really cares about your experience from the interview to the onboarding. Team lunches, outings, and professional development. Global and diverse team.

Cons

Really no downside, unless you really need a checklist of what to do every day. Onna really provides a lot of autonomy, therefore if you're not a self-starter you may not find it to be the best company for you. * This may vary by role though *

Onna Technologies Response

Thanks so much for sharing this review! It'd great to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Onna, and we're so glad you're here!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The way a company should be!

Dec 20, 2019 - Python Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, we help each other solve difficult problems, where most companies expect you to solve them on your own. I'm happy here, and I love coming to work! I trust in the management here to make the right decisions, and that's not something you hear often about a new (or established) company.

Cons

For some it may be a con, but it really isn't to me; Onna moves very fast. Not just the product teams, but sales team, management and engineering all move very quickly to get things done.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

THE Best Place to Work

Nov 15, 2019 - Head of Growth in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product and technology being built at Onna stand out more than anything, but that's not to undermine the incredible team who works there. It's an incredibly warm, friendly, and ferociously smart team at a company experiencing meteoric growth. I can't think of a better place to work right now.

Cons

None I can think of.

4 people found this review helpful

Onna Technologies Response

Thanks for such an awesome review!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and fun problems to solve

Dec 20, 2019 - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great, smart team to work with - interesting technology stack - difficult but fun problems to solve - employees are given autonomy to solve problems and take responsibility

Cons

- short on project managers makes some tasks difficult to coordinate

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing organization

Jun 16, 2020 - Software Engineer in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

A world class team with an incredibly impressive projects. Tons of investment is made into Onners, and we have a truly world-class People team that cares deeply, and is making huge strides toward making Onna an incredible place to work.

Cons

We are growing extremely fast, so for anyone feint of heart, it might not be the best place to join. That being said, we are working on hiring a ton of world-class Execs and they are really helping to bring a level of professionalism into the organization. Our HR function alone is insanely mature for our size of company.

Onna Technologies Response

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback! Our goal is to continue bringing amazing talent like you aboard, and also create the best possible place to work for all Onners!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews