Cover image for Onset Financial

Finance

8d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "annual training up in Park City allows me to re(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great culture begins at the top and the leadership starting with Justin Nielsen and Matt Burrows was the best.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Amazing leadership and co workers.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Happy employees equal hard work and success.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Management is always reminding you that there is room for growth, and that they're there to help you get to where you want to be.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Employer

Nov 23, 2022 - SVP of Product Management and Technology in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Onset has been a breath of fresh air. The company cares about me as a person. I have not seen a company that takes care of their employees like Onset does. The benefits received through Onset are way more than health and dental insurance. There are so many perks given out here. I really enjoy the free lunch time fitness class and the gym equipment. The swag given out is amazing. The owner cares about treating customers and employees right. He knows and interacts with employees. He cares for their well-being and their success. I am extremely proud to work for Onset Financial.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to share. I personally have to travel quite a distance to get to work but for many that isn't an issue and for some they work remote. I knew the commute when I took the job so I can't complain.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunities Await

Oct 19, 2022 - Senior National Account Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onset Financial is a unique company. It provides its sales team with all of the tools necessary to be successful. You are given fantastic training twice a year by the company. Therr model is designed to let you deliver a message to the client in a way that helps them to understand what Onset Financial can offer them. They encourage you to be yourself so there are no memorized scripts to follow. In addition to the yearly training you will work for a manager who will help you learn and apply the training on an individual level. The management is great and they want you to be successful. You can reach whatever goals you have in terms of compensation. With many earning well into the six figure compensation range. They want you to grow your career with them. They have a yearly Gala every year in Dec for a charitable cause. For the Gala they bring in a nationally recognized entertainer for the event. They offer incentives 2 to 4 times a year for reaching sales goals. The current incentive is a trip for 2 to Hawaii. The facility is world class and is maintained perfectly. Overall, it is a great place to build a career.

Cons

You have to be dedicated to success if that is a con.

3. Join the Onset Financial team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An Incredible Company

Nov 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is SO friendly and genuine. I felt so welcomed and like I fit right in from the day I started. The pizza & BBQ Friday's are always fun to get to spend an hour with everyone and just hang out. I love that we are always kept in the loop with what is going on with the company and the swag is incredible. The culture here is really unlike any other place I've ever worked.

Cons

It can be stressful at times and overwhelming depending on your workload.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

One-of-a-kind!

Oct 20, 2022 - VP of Documentation
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool people, amazing swag, fun parties, drinks, cereal pizza, volunteer opportunities each month, tough yet rewarding work just to name a few of the perks at Onset. Onset is a one-of-a-kind company with one-of-a -kind employees. I have never worked anywhere that really has a team mindset. Every person in the company wants to see one another succeed. Upper management is fantastic and extremely thoughtful with the things they do for the company and to keep things fresh and fun. Proud to work for such a great company!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to build your career!

Aug 22, 2022 - Finance in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I get to work with every day - our collaboration and communication between all departments is absolutely unmatched. It can definitely make or break your work experience, and we put in the time and effort to find the right people to make up this incredible team. We work hard, we play hard, and we love to celebrate our successes (which are many)!

Cons

It can sometimes feel like there's a little bit of favoritism with some departments. I know we're all appreciated, but it seems that certain teams get more acknowledgement than others or even different opportunities from time to time.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Onset Financial - the industry leader in equipment finance!

Aug 4, 2022 - National Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onset Financial is a proven industry leader. With record-breaking growth year-over-year, we continue to set the standard for independent finance companies. Always making improvements and getting better and more effiecient in every aspect of the business, from lead generation to credit, to underwriting, and documetation, to closing and funding, we are the best in ALL categories. The Onset family of companies is like a well-oiled machine.

Cons

If you can call this a CON, the expectations for success are high. If you're not a "gamer," you will quickly discover that you don't belong here. To clarify, Onset Financial provides ample training and opportunities, but "real" effort is required on a daily basis from each member of the team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work For

Sep 28, 2022 - National Account Executive in St. George, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Management is very supportive and understanding of the difficulty of the position. Lots of perks and the swag is fun. Uncapped commission structure gives every opportunity to make the money you want. Company is growing, creating job security and lots of opportunity. Best support team in the industry.

Cons

Work is challenging. Commissions can be large, but also can be frustratingly far apart.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

The MOST rewarding company to work for... EVER!

Jun 24, 2022 - Documentation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with every single day, the endless training opportunities creating endless opportunity for growth. The support from managers and colleagues is spectacular. Onset is one big family, and you feel that with everything you do here. The leadership is unlike any other, Justin gets to know his employees and ensures everyone is taken care of. Onset is truly one big family and you feel that with everything you do. Onset goes above and beyond to ensure we enjoy coming into work and doing what we do. On top of the benefits, we have lunch time work outs, free cereal, drinks, pizza Fridays, a game room, a summer party and the winter Gala and unbelievable SWAG that somehow keeps getting better! I could seriously go on and on about the many, many pros of Onset!

Cons

N/A - I cannot think of a single con.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

They strive for success!

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of free swag, lots of effort put into quarterly themes that encourage engagement, Onset Fitness classes offered during lunch hour, Company Summer Party, Occasional group trips, Onset Gives (volunteer opportunities), Standing desks, Beautiful campus, Team building dates, Opportunities to work from home as needed, Lots of support from management

Cons

Can sometimes be inconsistent with policies, Micro managing, Encourage extreme minimalism (they don't want you to have much on your desk except necessities), Doesn't seem to be much room for movement or opportunity for growth within the company, Work from home hybrid schedule not available for new employees, As mentioned in the title, they strive for success so if you're not ready to push hard and meet them where they're at, they do what they can to help you get there but you have to put maximum effort to get there. Only listing that last one as a con because if you're not ready to push yourself, this isn't the job for you.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee

Yuck

Nov 10, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

None - bait and switch is the name of the game.

Cons

All - can't believe this is a real job.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Reviews
</>Embed

Onset Financial Reviews FAQs

Onset Financial has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Onset Financial to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Onset Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Onset Financial. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

92% of Onset Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Onset Financial 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Onset Financial to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Onset Financial Job Seekers