KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Onset Financial

Engaged Employer

Onset Financial

Add a Review

Onset Financial Employee Reviews about "rejection"

Updated Feb 11, 2021

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Highly ethical, and great training on all the products and services they offer.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great culture begins at the top and the leadership starting with Justin Nielsen and Matt Burrows was the best.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Amazing leadership and co workers.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Happy employees equal hard work and success.(in 9 reviews)
  • "The people here are amazing and capable.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "rejection"

Feb 11, 2021 - Vice President of Sales
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I read some of the recent reviews and felt compelled to share a few insights from my perspective especially after last year. COVID was incredibly hard on all companies, and ours was no exception. I found it interesting that none of the negative reviews bothered to mention that the CEO paid everyone's full salary's for several months by cutting his own completely, and reducing the finance committee's pay. He did this because he cares about us all enough when the pandemic hit he wanted to ensure we could still put food on the table even though we couldn't come into the office to work. Justin stepped up and gave every employee $250 twice to ensure that we had food and supplies throughout the shutdown. It did not matter how long each person had been with the company, or the revenue that they had contributed... Justin took care of all of us during a time when business was not as robust as usual. Now that I've got that off my chest... The pro's to this company are the culture, the people, and the processes that enable us to perform at the highest level for our clients. You can rest assured that if you do the work to bring in a client they will be well taken care of. For example we provided over $18 Million of payment relief for our clients last year. Did that improve any relationships? Well based on the monster Q4 that we had, I would say that we became several customers first choice when business began to return to normal. The talent here is elite. I've been with this company for quite some time, and I'm constantly amazed at how each department continues to improve when I thought they could not get any better! Onset promotes from within. I started on the phones and had to earn my way into this role like everyone else. So did each and every manager on the floor, so you know that we respect the hard work you put in and want you to win because we've sat in your seat. The last thing I'll mention is this.. The job is hard, but know that there are people putting in longer hours than we do on the sales floor as a choice. Documentation? WOW. Working from home they get things done at all hours of the day and night. In fact they work more since they went home, they are such an incredibly hard working and selfless department. Melinda Haynes our President? I'm not sure she sleeps because she will work all night on any problem so that you can sleep soundly. HR? They did so many incredible things to keep us safe through COVID, and now to help begin the re-hiring process. The amount of work put in and hoops they have jumped through has been amazing to watch. Credit? Frankly, I don't think they can miss right now.. So if you are hearing the industry is not ripe today.. it's because they don't have our credit and underwriting team knocking it out of the park. Simply put, Onset is the best choice in the industry hands down. Yes its hard work, but any winning team requires hard work.

Cons

The job is challenging. There is a lot to learn (i'm not sure this is a con), and deal negotiations can be stressful. There is a fair amount of rejection, especially when you begin building a book of business.

Continue reading