Ontraport Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ontraport CEO Landon Ray
Landon Ray

Pros
  • Beautiful campus, good culture, open environment and great people (in 6 reviews)

• Some coworkers were friendly and helped me learn a lot (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is removed from downtown, so errands on lunch break are challenging (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Developer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ontraport provides good benefits, engaging workplace, and awesome culture. If you are passionate and motivated, there are definitely opportunities for growth.

Cons

I have not personally had any experience with this, but some people mention conflicts with supervisors affecting their career growth and daily quality of life. All of the managers that I know seem to be good and fair people, so I take this with a grain of salt. Also, we used to have awesome company trips, but we have not had one for a while.

Advice to Management

Bring back the trips! This was an awesome benefit, and it is sorely missed. Also, 401k matching is the biggest thing missing from the benefits.

2. "Fresh"

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ontraport is staffed by bright, energetic and wonderful people. With almost constant updates on facilities and teams and communications, it's very lively, fun and dynamic. You never hear "because that's the way we've always done it", which is the downfall of most businesses that have been around as long as they have. In a word, it's fresh!

Cons

With amazing food being served all day long, you have to either gain will power or a workout regimen!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

3. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

It is a fast growing company with lots of opportunities

Cons

It is lacking a stable and structured management

Advice to Management

Be more professional

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time

Pros

I have had a few jobs in my life and by far this is the best. I don't participate in any of the benefits offered here but we are very lucky to have them! Not many companies offer things like unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays, a free meal program, an opportunity to go on trips, and so many other things. We have a great culture so anyone that has negative comments about the way this company is run shouldn't be working here!

Cons

There will always be those one or two negative people that bring the morale of the company down. You should find a job elsewhere. Management should spot that.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a good job Landon and Lena! You have built something amazing here and it shows.

"Great Culture / Good Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Great company culture with engaged and caring executives and a ton of opportunity to succeed. The CEO Landon and COO / President Lena are both super smart and laser focused not only on company goals but also on individual advancement of their team members. They are serious about the business, but also serious about having the kind of company any executive would be proud to lead and most employees would love to work for.

Cons

It can take a while to get used to the unique culture combined with the systemized approach Ontraport takes; there is a ton of flexibility to be yourself, but also an expectation that projects are completed on time and the process is followed. You get the hang of it soon enough.

Advice to Management

Since you are constantly improving things I don't want to say "don't change", but I do want to express that I think you are on the right track. I'm surprised at some of the comments from former (disgruntled?) employees and wonder if they just haven't worked in many other places. Nobody's perfect, but you guys are batting 1000 so far.

7. "Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Amazing and understanding management (to a degree). Makes me want to come to work.

Cons

Nothing I can't live with.

Advice to Management

Keep being Awesome!

"Bypass If You Can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

I worked at Ontraport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for interns or newly graduated college students to obtain some work experience.

Cons

The CEO is great and cares about the product and the employees (in that order), but his President runs the ship and gives the company a dictatorship feel.

Advice to Management

Focus more on growing the product, and not so much on your public image to other companies and clients.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun challenging projects. Respectful management. Great People, Great campus.

Cons

A half hour lunch break? Come on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great environment, people and perks!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Hero in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment - friendly and collaborative, yet still professional. The people here are just awesome. Great benefits - catered breakfast, lunch and snacks every day, company trips, gym membership, medical benefits, company happy hours. Ability to share ideas and make a difference. Ability to move up and around within the company very quickly if you work hard.

Cons

Starting wage is kind of low, but if you work hard, you have the opportunity to be promoted quickly. They stopped providing the free drinks in the commons :( but the happy hours do make up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Management is great and some of the hardest workers I know!

11. "Ever-changing, fast-paced place to work"

Current Employee - Level II Technical Support Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Ontraport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people
    Positive values and fun culture
    Nice perks (parties, trips, prizes, meals)
    Room for career growth
    Approachable management
    Interesting clients (small business owners) who are fans of the product
    Worthwhile vision and purpose

Cons

Interdepartmental communication has much room for improvement
    Many great ideas are shared, but implementing those ideas usually takes a long time or doesn't happen at all
    Salaries are not competitive

Advice to Management

Push leadership to allow you to spend less time on projects and more time cultivating the team