OpSec Security Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Cremona

"Feed Back"

Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Fair Benefits for all employees

Cons

Politics runs rampant throughout the company

Advice to Management

Promote secession plan from within

"Administrative"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good solid products. Good customers.

Cons

No employee loyalty. Management not truthful to empoyees.

"Poor Communication/Leadership"

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time

Pros

Boston location in the city

Cons

I worked at OpSec in Boston. Nothing special here with this company. Management isn't transparent with their employees. Company hides information. Leadership team, managers, and HR aren't too helpful. You're stuck with figuring stuff out on your own. Communication and expectations are poor.

Advice to Management

Get new management

5. "Engineering Technician"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Utilized my various skill sets until the operations transfer was complete

Cons

When Opsec purchased my job site in 2012, my responsibilities did not change but it was known that ultimately they would be transferring operations to their pre-existing location

"Opsec Life"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

The company is full of some really smart and talented people, specifically in the brand protection division. The leadership is very committed to the employees success and works hard to achieve both unit and individual success. A pleasure to work with and learn from the members of the brand protection team.

Cons

The direction of the company as a whole seems to shift with the wind. Divisions within the company can be very focused but the overall vision of the company lacks clear direction from an everyday employees point of view.

Advice to Management

Broaden the understanding of company plans and vision for product development, placement and future. The divisons within the company often times seem segregated.

"Very dysfunctional and poorly managed company."

Current Employee - Office in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Office in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no "Pros" to working at OpSec Security. I only wish I had heeded the negative reviews of OpSec Security before I had accepted a position at their Lancaster PA location. I had thought the negative reviews were simply disgruntled employees at the Robbinsville, NJ location, which is being closed down and operations moved to Lancaster, PA. However, I quickly learned, although too late, all of the negative reviews of OpSec Security (Lancaster) are absolutely correct.

Cons

OpSec Security is the most unprofessional, dysfunctional, chaotic and poorly managed company I have ever worked for. Management positions are filled with persons who lack the required skill set, knowledge and leadership abilities to be in a management role. Many management positions are filled by older employees who were given a management role simply due to seniority with the company, not based on knowledge and leadership.

As others have reviewed, management at OpSec Security rules by fear and intimidation, often compiling extensive lists about other employees and mistakes they might have made, doing so in hopes to get the employee fired. Do not expect to ever receive any recognition for hard work and dedication given to the company. There are many production and office employees that are working long hours trying to make the disastrous "Freedom Road Project" work, however clueless people in management have made poor decisions, have not provided the proper equipment or training to employees, which has caused them to fail or make mistakes. Management will not take the blame, however they put all the blame on the employees and list all the failures and mistakes of the employee (the lists to get them fired). Do not expect to be treated professionally or with any respect by management, as they will only bark orders and commands at employees and publicly humiliate them for any mistakes. Regardless of your degree, certificates, and years of experience, management will often disagree with suggestions and ideas from employees, telling them "I think you are wrong" and "we have always done it this way".

As one reviewer stated "If you are not accepted by the right "group" you might as well just leave." That statement is 100% correct. The office is full of cliques who "suck up" to management and are always looking to set up another employee and stab them in the back. Fighting and finger pointing is rampant, not only between different departments, but also with in departments.

OpSec Security will most likely lose their two biggest and most profitable customers, the Visa and MasterCard business that was done in the Robbinsville location. The outlook for the company does not look very promising.

Unless you are desperate for a job (job, as you will never have a career at OpSec), heed the warnings and never accept a position at OpSec Security. I wish I had heeded the negative warnings and never accepted a position with OpSec Security.

Advice to Management

OpSec Security is owned by a United Kingdom company, so my advice to the parent company in the U.K., quickly hire real managers with leadership and knowledge, otherwise you will continue to see all of the good employees leaving OpSec Security in Lancaster.

My advice to current employees (production and office), organize and then everyone just walk off the job. OpSec Security needs a wakeup call that people should never be treated in the demeaning and harassing manner they are now.

OpSec Security Group Response

Aug 10, 2015 – HR DIRECTOR

OpSec welcomes, and takes seriously, all employee input (both positive and negative). We strive to create an open, honest, safe, rewarding, and clean working environment. We offer competitive wages ... More

"New CEO and management. Stable company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Production in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Production in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High volume niche security products. Good stable workload and growing rapidly. Opening another facility in Lancaster.

Cons

Growing rapidly and need good people local to Lancaster.

Advice to Management

Continuously improve products, processes and services. Inspire your long time employees.

"Dire Straits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location, easy access to transit and shops/restaurants, etc.

Cons

Most of middle and senior management lack the leadership skills necessary to propel a team, and the company, forward. Employees are overworked, resentful, and disengaged. Although the executive team has made recent attempts at "transparency" and "goal-setting" for the organization, they ultimately fail at understanding the deep-rooted issues that cause the sense of apathy that is so prominent among team members. In May of 2014, employees were given engagement surveys aimed at identifying areas for improvement. Scores were low, but management never communicated next steps.

How can anyone possibly take their job seriously and perform at their best when management perpetually shoots down requests for raises/promotions/professional development opportunities? Many employees in this office did not receive 2014 performance reviews, nor did anyone receive cost of living salary increases, which, coupled with the already below-market pay, is the perfect storm for employee dissatisfaction. Employees leave because they find new roles in which they will be paid 20-40% more. They are expected to complete tasks without being given any of the resources necessary to do so successfully, and are then punished for it. They are also consistently pushed beyond their limits because they lack managers who can train them properly.

Overall, this is an extremely frustrating and discouraging place to work - the industry is interesting but if the company cannot pay non-management employees more than 30% below other employers in the city, they cannot possibly expect high productivity and quality, let alone retention.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear product portfolio and go-to-market strategy. Hold people accountable for their actions instead of simply moving them to other areas of the business. Train sales people to achieve fluency in the technology, and if they cannot, find a new sales team. Consider researching area salaries and paying employees at market, rather than insulting them with pay that is barely enough to live in the city in which they work.

"WRONG DIRECTION"

Current Employee - Slitter in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Slitter in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work in Robbinsville NJ for Opsec and we are a Union shop. Because we are a Union shop we enjoy Union benefits and don’t have to go with the poor company benefits. We only pay $10.00 for doctor visits, $15.00 for specialists and $35.00 emergency room and $10.00 prescriptions. We have dental and eyeglass coverage too. We get 10 sick days a year besides getting our vacation time. No Union member in this building makes under $19.50 an hour and our overtime pay starts after 8 hours. The management here is great and they knows we know our jobs so they just tell us what they need and when they need it and let us alone.

Cons

Upper management from outside our plant is the most incompetent clueless bunch of individuals I have ever seen. Lancaster management is building a good old boys club. And because of this the boss hires all his buddies knowing they will not question his stupid decisions. This will go along with the rest of the upper management.
     The first CEO leading the company in the wrong direction then they pulled him out only to put his buddy in as the new CEO to continue the damage. Their famous TRINITY PROJECT or also known as the FREEDOM RD PROJECT is a complete disaster now and has been from the very start.
     Corporate greed is the only reason for this!! And because of greed this company will lose two of the biggest customers this company has “Visa and Master Card”.
     This company does not want to pay people their worth or give them descent benefits. This is why they pay the people in Lancaster such a low rate of pay and they haven’t offered a raise in over 6 years. That is the reason to shut Robbinsville down no matter how much money the Union people make for them.
    The people in Lancaster and in the UK are being put in a no win situation and the Company’s only solution is if you can’t do the work of products coming in out of Robbinsville will hire someone else.
    The UK people are lucky enough to have a Union to protect them from the way this Company operates. But the People in Lancaster are at the Company’s mercy. If I ever seen people who need a Union for job protection and a decent wage and benefits it’s the Women and Men in Lancaster Pa.
    When the Visa and Master Cards fail all the new hired people may either be let go or be taking the jobs of the older employees depending on their pay rate. That will be when this company shows its greed again and choose cheap over experience just like they have done here in Robbinsville NJ.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to be his own man and stop listening to his so called advisors who will bring him and the company down. Talk to the real people that do the jobs!!

"Overpaid management, underpaid and under appreciated workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time

Pros

Nice location, some of the best production workers around (the true professionals at OpSec)

Cons

Bad choices for management and bad choices made by management. Low morale, and no follow through on promises made to employees. Don't expect to be compensated for your efforts or acknowledged either. If you are not accepted by the right "group" you might as well just leave.....

Advice to Management

Pay your people their worth, follow through on your promises. Reduce the amount of meetings and be available for staff. Put the right people in the right positions. Get rid of the tyrants.