OpSec Security Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Feed Back"

Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Fair Benefits for all employees

Cons

Politics runs rampant throughout the company

Advice to Management

Promote secession plan from within

"Administrative"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good solid products. Good customers.

Cons

No employee loyalty. Management not truthful to empoyees.

"Account Manager"

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time

Pros

location-downtown boston, very convenient especially when living around the city

Cons

disengaged and unhappy employees
    poor leadership
    no engagement
    product offering not great

Advice to Management

need to focus on creating a better working environment for employees

"Poor Communication/Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time

Pros

Boston location in the city

Cons

I worked at OpSec in Boston. Nothing special here with this company. Management isn't transparent with their employees. Company hides information. Leadership team, managers, and HR aren't too helpful. You're stuck with figuring stuff out on your own. Communication and expectations are poor.

Advice to Management

Get new management

5. "Engineering Technician"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at OpSec Security Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Utilized my various skill sets until the operations transfer was complete

Cons

When Opsec purchased my job site in 2012, my responsibilities did not change but it was known that ultimately they would be transferring operations to their pre-existing location

"Opsec Life"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

The company is full of some really smart and talented people, specifically in the brand protection division. The leadership is very committed to the employees success and works hard to achieve both unit and individual success. A pleasure to work with and learn from the members of the brand protection team.

Cons

The direction of the company as a whole seems to shift with the wind. Divisions within the company can be very focused but the overall vision of the company lacks clear direction from an everyday employees point of view.

Advice to Management

Broaden the understanding of company plans and vision for product development, placement and future. The divisons within the company often times seem segregated.

"Opsec"

Pros

New Management and Vision looks promising

Cons

Lack of accountability. Swim on your own

"Team Lead"

Pros

None that I can really think of right now!

Cons

lots to many to mention

Advice to Management

listen to the people they know what they are talking about

"Very dysfunctional and poorly managed company."

Current Employee - Office in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Office in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no "Pros" to working at OpSec Security. I only wish I had heeded the negative reviews of OpSec Security before I had accepted a position at their Lancaster PA location. I had thought the negative reviews were simply disgruntled employees at the Robbinsville, NJ location, which is being closed down and operations moved to Lancaster, PA. However, I quickly learned, although too late, all of the negative reviews of OpSec Security (Lancaster) are absolutely correct.

Cons

OpSec Security is the most unprofessional, dysfunctional, chaotic and poorly managed company I have ever worked for. Management positions are filled with persons who lack the required skill set, knowledge and leadership abilities to be in a management role. Many management positions are filled by older employees who were given a management role simply due to seniority with the company, not based on knowledge and leadership.

As others have reviewed, management at OpSec Security rules by fear and intimidation, often compiling extensive lists about other employees and mistakes they might have made, doing so in hopes to get the employee fired. Do not expect to ever receive any recognition for hard work and dedication given to the company. There are many production and office employees that are working long hours trying to make the disastrous "Freedom Road Project" work, however clueless people in management have made poor decisions, have not provided the proper equipment or training to employees, which has caused them to fail or make mistakes. Management will not take the blame, however they put all the blame on the employees and list all the failures and mistakes of the employee (the lists to get them fired). Do not expect to be treated professionally or with any respect by management, as they will only bark orders and commands at employees and publicly humiliate them for any mistakes. Regardless of your degree, certificates, and years of experience, management will often disagree with suggestions and ideas from employees, telling them "I think you are wrong" and "we have always done it this way".

As one reviewer stated "If you are not accepted by the right "group" you might as well just leave." That statement is 100% correct. The office is full of cliques who "suck up" to management and are always looking to set up another employee and stab them in the back. Fighting and finger pointing is rampant, not only between different departments, but also with in departments.

OpSec Security will most likely lose their two biggest and most profitable customers, the Visa and MasterCard business that was done in the Robbinsville location. The outlook for the company does not look very promising.

Unless you are desperate for a job (job, as you will never have a career at OpSec), heed the warnings and never accept a position at OpSec Security. I wish I had heeded the negative warnings and never accepted a position with OpSec Security.

Advice to Management

OpSec Security is owned by a United Kingdom company, so my advice to the parent company in the U.K., quickly hire real managers with leadership and knowledge, otherwise you will continue to see all of the good employees leaving OpSec Security in Lancaster.

My advice to current employees (production and office), organize and then everyone just walk off the job. OpSec Security needs a wakeup call that people should never be treated in the demeaning and harassing manner they are now.

OpSec Security Group Response

Aug 10, 2015 – HR DIRECTOR

OpSec welcomes, and takes seriously, all employee input (both positive and negative). We strive to create an open, honest, safe, rewarding, and clean working environment. We offer competitive wages... More

"Worker"

I have been working at OpSec Security Group full-time

Pros

Interesting products and services. Lots of opportunities for improvements. A lot of hardworking people putting in long, long hours. Telecommuting from home office is supported.

Cons

Not enough process to be efficient and then in areas way too much for a 450 person company. Not enough people for the breadth of products the company has. Need to staff-up or trim the least profitable products and customers. HR is a non-entity that hardly services the employees. Tiny raises every few years wont be enough to retain the best employees. Average benefits.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable and get rid of the underperformers.. Pay people at market rate. Employees are willing to go the extra mile, if its going to be recognized, but will only wait for so long. The employee survey done in 2014 has a lot of good obvious answers. Follow them.