OpalStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Security Architect"

Current Contractor - Senior Security Architect in Columbia, MD
    Current Contractor - Senior Security Architect in Columbia, MD

I have been working at OpalStaff as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work / life balance with a great client, cutting edge environment, great opportunity.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

2. "Amazing Company To Work For"

I have been working at OpalStaff full-time

Pros

Since joining the OpalStaff team, I have been nothing but pleased with my job. The staff, the atmosphere and the overall work ethic of the employees and the people we employ have surpassed any other job I have held in my 18 plus years of working. I look forward to walking in the door everyday to see what new challenges arise and the support in the staff to overcome them for ultimate success.

Cons

I have yet to encounter any negative aspects of the company.

"Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Millersville, MD
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Millersville, MD

I have been working at OpalStaff as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

I feel Opalstaff is a great place to work, the benefits are great and if you're willing to hustle, you can make a good salary.

Cons

In my opinion, I don't really see an cons to working at Opalstaff.

"Nice people, antiquated systems"

I have been working at OpalStaff full-time

Pros

The people are nice to work with.

Cons

Their payroll and timecard systems are pretty bad. They even revert to printed checks at times when they claim they have "problems" getting direct deposit to work. Rumor has it the real issue is cash flow and they do checks to buy themselves a few extra days before pay is actually cashed in. Their "time sheets" are literally excel templates that have to be physically printed, re-scanned and then sent in.

Advice to Management

Update your business systems to the 21st century. Pay your people on time.

Mar 16, 2017 – PR Director

Many of "our people" have been with the company for 10+ years and can attest to the efficiency of our payroll and time-card systems. In the event that paper checks have ever been used, it... More

"Downhill Fast"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at OpalStaff as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This was once a great, fun company to work for. Team success was preached and reached with a small group of close knit co-workers. However, that changed drastically and it is now a business that operates by putting fear into the employees bc of the greed of management.

Cons

Management is a mess and profitability is a concern. After parting ways with established employees with track records of producing as a way to cut costs by negating commissions of more seasoned employees the moral is very low and has resulted in losing out on business. Constant micromanagement as they try to dig themselves out of the hole they've created.

Advice to Management

Think about when everything started to go badly and make the necessary changes if it isn't already too late

Mar 16, 2017 – PR Director

At OpalStaff, we pride ourselves on being a great, fun company to work for. Our ability to maintain this type of culture has been through the dedication and hard work of our employees and our... More

"If you're looking for success, look elsewhere"

Pros

Lunch was always fun, got an hour which was really nice. The people that worked there were "okay" too. Sometimes you even had a chance to chat with the team and enjoy an adult beverage. Doubt that happens much anymore though.

Cons

Where to even start? The Culture of FEAR is REAL. They stated no closed door meetings, don't think I ever saw an open door. If you enjoy working at a place where you think it could be your last, this place is for you!

Advice to Management

Honestly don't even know at this point, most likely too late.

Mar 16, 2017 – PR Director

Thank you for your review. One of the reasons OpalStaff was named "Best Place to Work" by the Baltimore Business Journal is that we are always open to and looking for opportunities to... More

"Sinking Ship"

Pros

Smaller company without the "corporate" feel to it. You get an hour for lunch and some of the people working there are alright.

Cons

It's not a very stable place to work, to say the least. The management has created a culture of fear - no
    matter how well you do or hard you work, any day could be your last. They are also looking to "burn and churn", you're just a number and there's no real long term investment. Management is in an overall nose dive and it's kind of unbelievable that they're still in business.

Advice to Management

Consider looking at when and where things started to go down hill and make those necessary changes, if you still have time.

Jun 10, 2016 – PR Director

This review was submitted by an ex-employee who was fired for not performing. Furthermore, he was consistently late to work, consistently left early, and consistently failed to make his numbers... More

"Recommendation from Contractor / Consultant"

Current Freelancer - Contractor/Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Freelancer - Contractor/Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at OpalStaff (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started my first consulting position through OpalStaff in 2005 and I'm currently a few months into my latest role. Every time I've had a question, issue or concern, Trevor and Lisa have always been quick to follow up with a helpful response and resolution.

They've continued to be helpful with rewriting and refocusing my resume as well as revisions to my LinkedIn profile. Based on the requirements for each new potential role, they focused on the highlights of my various experiences to represent my talents in the best way. They even sent me great interview tips tailored to each opportunity and worked with me to prep my interview skills! It is nice to feel like someone is on my side!

If you're looking to work with a recruiter, I highly recommend OpalStaff!

Cons

I don't have any downsides to mention...I'm happily doing what I love thanks to Trevor and OpalStaff!

"Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Millersville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Millersville, MD

I worked at OpalStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment- if you are looking for a good environment OpalStaff is a great place to be. There is a lot of money to be made working here as well. The commission structure is one of the best I have seen.

Cons

If you are looking for a large corporate environment this is not your place. If you are looking for a small fun place to work, Opal would be a good choice.

Advice to Management

None