Open Systems International Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2020

3.7
Open Systems International President Bahman Hoveida
Bahman Hoveida
Pros
  • "Great work environment , Challenging projects, lot of travel opportunity and good management support(in 12 reviews)

• "Free Soda, New building, leading edge technology(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "OSI has strong processes in place, which can feel rigid at times, but it also provides clear expectations(in 18 reviews)

• "Finally I was approached by someone from upper management today to tell me that(in 9 reviews)

"I left but only to relocate - I'll be back"

Former Employee - Engineering in Medina, MN

I worked at Open Systems International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at OSI for almost four years. It was a good experience and I will come back. My fiance is studying to be a pharmacist and we had to move on so I took a job in contracting but I miss OSI. In two years and a month we can come back to Minnesota.

Cons

You do have to be a good engineer and not afraid of travel and they are growing like crazy.

2. "Decent first job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Medina, MN

I have been working at Open Systems International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Welcoming when starting out, and discounted food in the cafeteria area

Cons

Fairly low pay, and somewhat boring products being worked on

"Poor Resourcing Decisions"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Medina, MN

Pros

Great Coworkers, Good Training, Decent Benifits

Cons

Constantly working overtime, Poor resourcing decisions place heavy burden on employees, Lower then average pay.

"OK First Job, Growing Company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Medina, MN

Pros

1. Growing Company with a lot of young people so good first job to make connections. 2. Interesting work gives opportunities to lead a project right out of college 3. Company events 4. Free drinks 5. Health insurance and dental is pretty good. Other benefits leave a lot to be desired (see cons) 5. They give 18 PTO days to start with but only 7 holidays (pro and con)

Cons

1. They pay about $10,000 below average for entry level employees for companies in Minnesota (They do give bonuses to entry-level but it still doesn't come close to where the salary should be for the industry... ends up still being 5k-7k below average). 2. They tout that they're benefits are in the 90 percentile for companies yet they do not offer paid parental leave. 3. They make you travel on Weekends without any incentives (per diem or able to count hours traveled on the weekend to leave earlier on a different day). 4. They do not let you work more hours in the beginning of the week to leave early on a Friday. Force you to take a 1 hour lunch so you have to work for example from 8am-5pm.

Continue reading

"Decent place to start as a first job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Medina, MN

Pros

Lot of young professionals. Privately held company

Cons

Low starting salary (even for Software Engineers). It may seem that they care a lot for their employees because they are a young company, but they really dont.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Medina, MN

I have been working at Open Systems International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

OSI treats their employees very well, the benefits are top notch. Office is very nice as well.

Cons

It is in Minnesota.

Continue reading
  7. "Engaging, Fast-Paced, Rewarding"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Medina, MN

I have been working at Open Systems International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, fast paced atmosphere with an incredible amount of advancement opportunities The free drinks are really nice and the on-site cafe is delicious.

Cons

OSI has strong processes in place, which can feel rigid at times, but it also provides clear expectations.

"Decent Starting Job out of College"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Medina, MN

Pros

Free and unlimited drinks, including lacroix Paid for trips to locations mainly around the U.S. but also opportunities around the globe Onsite training programs to get you right into the work you were hired on for

Cons

Work can sometimes become tedious Somewhat low pay compared to other engineering positions, resulting in high turnover rate mandatory hour lunch

"Good company"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Challenging, lots of opportunity available, flexible schedule

Cons

Long training period, low starting salary

10. "It's a good company to work for."

Former Employee - IT Technician in Medina, MN

I worked at Open Systems International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, chances for promotion, good benefits. They also have multiple annual events, such as renting out movie theaters for the staff, park events, etc.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Found 99 reviews