Open Systems Technologies Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

New York City, NY Area

4.5
Harold Herling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • fun work environment for mundane job (in 6 reviews)

• Co-workers, ability to make a lot of money, company benefits, location was ok (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many reasons to love working at OST. The main one, in my opinion, is that fact that management truly believes in their employees and looks to help them learn and succeed. This emanates from the owners as well as all the MD's. They recently invested quite a bit of money and time into trying to revamp OST both aesthetically and culturally.

Beyond that, OST gives each employee multiple ways to be successful. If you're hardworking and capable but perhaps not happy in the role you're currently in, OST management will work with you to try and add responsibilities that allow you to explore other careers within the company.

They provide great benefits - from the generous vacation/sick policy to snacks every week to the ability to work from home as needed.

Compensation is great - I've never felt underpaid for what I do.

Cons

As with every company, there are some growing pains. There are new policies being put in place that not everyone is on board with however, they are being done so with a great long term goal.

There is a lot of work so long hours do come with the role

Sep 25, 2017 – Director

Thanks so much for the kind words - we hope to continue to grow and better ourselves!

2. "Good Company"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, no micromanaging. Office is new and clean. Nice people. The supplies and equipment are top quality.

Cons

There is no formal training program.

Sep 25, 2017 – Director

Thanks so much for your kind words. And we are trying to formalize a training program for those that want one - it's on the to-do's for next year!

3. "AMAZING COMPANY CULTURE"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really fun group to work with, beautiful office as well as a great location, and best of all there is no micromanagement. You're free to work the way you need to if that's what makes you successful, and if you work hard, you're set up to succeed and make really good money.

Cons

Not really a con but if you need hand-holding, this, or any recruiting house isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

Yes, OST is definitely all about helping you help yourself but we can definitely improve on our training. Rest assured, that's on its way as well!

4. "Open Systems 2.0"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has recently undergone a restructure and rebranding that, in my opinion, was much needed. I have been an employee at Open Systems for many years now and while the company has always been successful and quite generous to its employees, the company was starting to lose its spark and days were dull. With all the new hiring and the investment into the office, culture, and brand, company morale is higher than ever. I love being here, I love the employees, the work I do every day, and truly feel cared for by my employers. They have your best interest and are very loyal to their employees. The list of clients they have cannot compete with anyone, and the pay lives up to the reputation that proceeds it. More than that, we all have matching sweatshirts that we all wear in the office, which makes you feel like you're a part of team In an environment that can be so competitive at times.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the 80/20 rule

Advice to Management

I love the new culture club meetings we have here. It's really important for everyone to have a safe place to talk about the things we feel the company should participate in and what our goals for the company. Also, I love the events, parties, and happy hours!! Keep up the good work - you are on the right path!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're really happy with Open Systems 2.0 as well!

"Working for Open Systems Technologies"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Open Systems about two months ago. I've worked for another recruiting firm for two years prior and I can honestly say that this place is a breath of fresh air for me for several reasons:

- Amazing coworkers and everyone is super helpful
    - Working with top financial firms in the NYC area
    - No skill set alignment; you get to work on anything and everything you want
    - Brand new office space (start up environment)
    - No 'micromanagement', instead you have leaders that will help motivate and teach you, not constantly breathing down your neck like most recruiting firms
    - Great management. Owners are involved and really take the time to improve the place and its' people

Cons

The only con is that for people without any recruiting experience, there is not a solid training structure provided here. With that said- if you're not self-motivated and unwilling to go an extra mile to reach out and ask for help, this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

This place is certainly going in the right direction so keep up the good work!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

We are so happy that you are enjoying yourself at OST! And you're absolutely right regarding a solid training structure - but it's being worked on so hopefully that won't be a con for much longer!... More

6. "Good company but has its issues"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Open Systems Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Open Systems tech found me a contract position with AIG in 2015 but contract ended in late 2016 but since then I have in unsuccessful in reaching anyone to help me secure some type of employment 6 months and counting

Cons

High turn over rate which makes building relationships difficult.

Advice to Management

Try to place individuals that have made you a lot of money with major companies

Sep 5, 2017 – Director

Thanks so much for writing in and apologies for the frustration you have had with us. Unfortunately, although we do try, we cannot always re-deploy our contractors. It's a mixture of the market, the... More

7. "Contractor through OST"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Open Systems Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My Account manager was very easy to work with. And the communication throughout the interview process was very open.

Cons

Pretty standard staffing agency, IMO.

Aug 1, 2016 – Associate Director

Hi,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We are glad that you think our communication lines are open, it's one of our priorities. And as always, let us know if there is anything else we could... More

"Senior Java Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Java Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Java Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive. Good in assisting in immigration matters.

Cons

Need improvement in payroll schedule & processing.
    Need improvement in Health Insurance Plans & economic premium.

Mar 24, 2016 – Associate, Marketing and Social Media

Thank you so much for your feedback! We’re very happy to hear that you found OST supportive throughout your process – that’s one of our number one goals here! Also, thank you for bringing to our... More

"Very fair and good company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior BA in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior BA in New York, NY

Pros

Nice to be part of open systems consulting , very clear and communication form top to management . Always there to help for any need related to personal attentions or professional decisions.

Cons

none ! not here anything wrong for this company. They are doing very good job for running this company in professional way.

Mar 24, 2016 – Associate, Marketing and Social Media

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We’re so glad to hear that you’re pleased with the way we run things over here at OST. We’ll make sure to continue to keep communication channels open!

"Good contract house"

Former Employee - Contractor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Contractor in Newark, NJ

Pros

Low markup on contractor rates. Attentive to both client and contractor needs. Never had a problem with them.

Cons

Pays when client pays, so you need to follow up with client if there are issues with starting payment. No frills.

Advice to Management

Payment transparency to client could be improved when onboarding a new contractor.