Opera Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Opera Solutions Reviews

Updated June 5, 2017

Pros
  • Good Working Environment, Work-Life Balance (in 19 reviews)

• Flexi timings and work from home are some of the great policies (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance could be better (in 11 reviews)

• IT/Technology - Being a big data company, there is no understanding or expertise in hadoop/computer architecture (in 12 reviews)

"Consultant"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros

Good salary and perks. Best of talented colleagues. Lots of opportunity to learn. Excellent step in my career that provides me with a lot of learning opportunities.

Cons

Expect a lot of travel.

Advice to Management

Make the review process simple. Continue to focus on professional development opportunities for employees. Keep focused on financial growth, kudos to management for letting go of CEO who was not bringing in any revenue or clients.

"I like this company right now."

Pros

• Small company atmosphere, where you can dive in and help without hitting barriers that you’ll meet in more established companies. At the same time the company has well-established infrastructure in IT and support so you can get your work done. You don’t have to wear all the hats, but can (and probably will) work on various projects so you can both learn and contribute.
    • Established solutions to build on, you don’t have to start from scratch.
    • Competitive health benefits and excellent compensation.
    • And of course opportunities. This company is growing and it’s in a very hot space with data and analytics. Opera has many solutions running at fortune 500 companies and there’s more than enough work to drive the growth.
    • Through the ups and downs, successes and failures, the Signal Hub vision has not only survived, but matured into a core part of the many solutions being delivered. This is cool emerging technology that has huge potential for growth.

Cons

• An effective layer of management between the highest executives and the project-focused workers is still under construction. It’ll get there, but at this time if you need a manager to run to, your probably not going to fit in.
    • Workforce is global, literally. Communications and managing work across so many time zones is challenging.

Advice to Management

In addition to all the stuff you are already doing, strive to find/build that functional layer between you and "everyone else" through with you can effectively and regularly communicate.

"Improved focus on what matters"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to leading edge projects at some the world's best companies. I have not had any issues with personal growth, there are plenty of opportunities for those willing to expand their skills and try new things. In my experience I've found the exec team to be very approachable if you reach out to them with an idea. As more companies learn of our capabilities we'll have more work than we can handle at current staffing levels.

Cons

The company is geographically dispersed, which has pros and cons (such as timezones). Seems as though many people are so focused on their individual projects that they don't see the big picture and vision for the company.

Advice to Management

Double-down on the technology and projects that matter most. Our capabilities have been proven valuable and we need to maintain our leadership in a growing market. This means applying more resources to developing core technology that will appeal to a growing number of mainstream customers.

"Great People and Opportunities; Leadership Needs to Continue to Make Improvements"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: Super-talented line managers and teams in this company who get things done. Our junior team members are outstanding and get a chance to step up and make a difference, get exposure and gain great experience almost from day one. It is truly an amazing group of people. I don’t work with all the different teams, but my experience with teams in our Services, Healthcare, Government and Risk and Financial Services practices have been wonderful. Products get developed and out the door, customers’ needs get met and things get done. Middle managers have a lot of discretion and the problems we are tackling are interesting; we get a chance to solve some of the most fascinating and complex problems our clients are facing today. In my area, our customers seem very satisfied and are renewing/expanding.

Cons

Upper management still needs to get better aligned so teams and middle managers can be even more effective. Getting better, but still…

Advice to Management

Reach consensus on business decisions before implementing. Put the strategy down on paper so everyone is aligned. Communicate it better, and stick to it so line managers can execute

"Opera could be Better with new management!"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Works around your schedule, flexible and options to work from home when your kids are sick!

Cons

Do not come clean to employees, underpaid and all suddenly not bonuses!

Advice to Management

please be responsible and tell the true what is going on with the company. Money comes but disappear right away. You keep hiring this high level salaries and your people struggling, YOU NEED TO KEEP US HAPPY TO WORK FOR YOU.

"Opera Getting Its Act Together"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant people to work with. Very cool projects. Much better communication. Deals starting to take shape at Opera. No doubt prior management had issues but now things seem to starting to take hold. Good to see new outside talent coming in. Recent deal closures and new outside relationships are real and with some of largest companies on the planet.

Cons

Still has work to do in getting company and messaging aligned. Some leaders still need help. Stop chasing tails.

Advice to Management

Stay focused. Keep on the path and stick to the current organization that has been put in place. Review compensation program for everyone.

7. "You get what you put in."

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment
    Variety of projects
    Relatively flat hierarchy, with a lot of visibility top to bottom
    Somewhat flexible work hours

Cons

Occasionally sporadic/long work hours
    Can be disorganized in staffing

Advice to Management

Standardize work scope/streams

8. "Analytics Specialist"

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very good culture, people here are really nice and always willing to share. good opportunity to do data analysis

Cons

salary is not aligned with the average level of the industry. has experienced some kind of decline on business

"Work Life balance"

Pros

Flexible timing
    Good work ethics
    Good Managers
    Young and Vibrant leadership

Cons

Need more projects
    Delayed review cycles

10. "Opera Review"

Pros

Flexible timing

Low work pressure

Market competetive salary compensation

Cons

Trainings programs needs to be framed to improve employee knowledge in their respective domains.

Increments are somwhere look like distributed to partial working population only.

Policy for employees growth path and self development should be framed.

Advice to Management

Emphasis on G&A and support department should be more to give them motivation.

Increments should be as per market standards and should be distributed as per individual performances