Cover image for Opera Solutions

39% Recommend to a Friend
44% Approve of CEO

Found 327 of over 347 reviews

3.2
Opera Solutions CEO Edward Scott (no image)
Edward Scott

132 Comments

Consulting

413.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Opera Solutions~116277
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people in Siftware Team(in 38 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance in company(in 13 reviews)
  • "up friendly culture(in 12 reviews)
  • "Friday meals, cab facility after 8, work from home, phone provided by company, internet bill reimbursement(in 11 reviews)
  • "Good salary and perks.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Starting Job

Oct 4, 2018 - Solutions Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flat culture, multiple opportunities to grow if you want to

Cons

International company on your team so work will be at obscure hours

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

good comopany

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

very nice working environment, nice colleagues, social events at friday

Cons

not so much, sometime we need to work at home

3. Join the Opera Solutions team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good potential.

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very exciting projects and leader in the analytics space with a unique platform they had. Good vision. good customer base.

Cons

did not execute well on their strategy. internal politics led to poor decisions and impact on the business. operated like startup. not ready for scale.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Mar 14, 2021 - Facilities Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Contributed to my professional growth

Cons

Team Building event should be more frequent

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great people, not so great upper management

Apr 1, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met some of the best people at Opera across all offices. Tight alumni network. Good exit opportunities. Had great perks (Friday lunches, fully stocked kitchen, gym in the office etc) that made you want to go to work.

Cons

Your day-to-day workload and experiences depended on your practice group. Some were great, others not so much.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Typical startup failure

Mar 6, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good kitchen decent benefits , good work life balance

Cons

Growth depends on connections and favourism

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best company I've ever worked for

Aug 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay, lots of happy hours, outings, and lunches. Good work/life balance. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Beautiful offices. Professional environment. Very competent people, even at entry levels. I say it's the best company I've ever worked for because it is--and I've worked for a lot of companies. It's easy to think things will be better elsewhere, but the honeymoon ends at some point no matter where you go. I've been here for several years, and even though we've gone through a lot of changes, this company has weathered those changes better than most. We haven't changed owners. We haven't had tons of layoffs. We haven't had pay cuts. We haven't had our benefits cut. We have excellent vacation time. We have an HR department that is willing to listen and work with us to make the changes we need made. We are also in the process of implementing some much-needed infrastructure and systems, and we're improving existing ones. Things continue to change--some things for the better, some for the worse, but all companies do that, and this one is handling those changes better than most.

Cons

They struggle with holding onto middle management. Some middle managers are great, others are simply gone--literally--leaving too many people fending for themselves. For some, that's an opportunity, and for others, it's a stumbling block. You definitely learn how to "manage up." We're also missing some basic infrastructure that most other companies seem to have. Part of this is because of our tight security constraints, but part of it seems like poor planning.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

I like this company right now.

Jan 24, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Small company atmosphere, where you can dive in and help without hitting barriers that you’ll meet in more established companies. At the same time the company has well-established infrastructure in IT and support so you can get your work done. You don’t have to wear all the hats, but can (and probably will) work on various projects so you can both learn and contribute. • Established solutions to build on, you don’t have to start from scratch. • Competitive health benefits and excellent compensation. • And of course opportunities. This company is growing and it’s in a very hot space with data and analytics. Opera has many solutions running at fortune 500 companies and there’s more than enough work to drive the growth. • Through the ups and downs, successes and failures, the Signal Hub vision has not only survived, but matured into a core part of the many solutions being delivered. This is cool emerging technology that has huge potential for growth.

Cons

• An effective layer of management between the highest executives and the project-focused workers is still under construction. It’ll get there, but at this time if you need a manager to run to, your probably not going to fit in. • Workforce is global, literally. Communications and managing work across so many time zones is challenging.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ridiculously bad

Feb 20, 2021 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are none, run away as fast as you can

Cons

Projects are scoped terribly, leaders conduct are appalling on so many levels

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Doing what it takes to succeed

Jul 20, 2014 - Director in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Developing and validating a entirely new technology platform being adopted by some of the largest corporations in the world. A true game changer. Increasingly proven. 2. Passionate leadership who believe in what they do and responding and adapting to challenges. 3. Moving to giving our young associates a chance to take leadership much faster than we could get elsewhere 4. New CEO has put in a structure with much greater accountability and focus which will payoff. 5. Truly global company with significant opportunities to see the world. 6. Business problems at the cutting edge. Unique.

Cons

1.truly traumatic transition from a service company to a technology led company. Resulted in dislocation and loss of identity and affiliation for many of us. 2. Processes such as incentives and staffing in disarray which made life unpleasant and difficult. Being fixed and getting better. 3. High attrition particularly in the service group as the new direction did not fit. A double edged sword as costs declined and gave us more junior people more opportunities.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 327 Reviews
</>Embed

Opera Solutions Reviews FAQs

Opera Solutions has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 347 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at Opera Solutions to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Opera Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Opera Solutions. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

39% of Opera Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Opera Solutions 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Opera Solutions to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.