OppLoans Reviews | Glassdoor

OppLoans Reviews

Updated December 5, 2018

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The schedules are also very flexible which creates the perfect work-life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Fun work environment with great people" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons about this company" (in 5 reviews)

• "No longer offering to work from home" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opploans is probably the best career move I’ve ever made."

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I knew opploans was different on my first day, when someone started clapping and before I knew it, the whole office was clapping. We asked the trainer what was going on, to what she responded “I don’t know what this one is for, but just clap when the time comes”.
    The technology is solid, and the leadership team has been able to create a great experience for both the customers and employees. Everyone has a place here and there’s always time for everything; whether you enjoy working around a lot of people getting stuff done while people are laughing and clapping and giving food away to the first one that responds on slack, or working later hours and weekends taking advantage of the ability to make additional income.
    Our Leadership team understands the value of having a positive culture and it trickles all the way down to our Floor Supervisors. Every one of them is unique in their own way, but at the core they are all willing to help make our days easier and our customers satisfied, which is what really matters.
    The company operates with high levels of integrity, from being 100% transparent with our customers through the application process, to focusing on diversity and promoting from within.
    Compensation package is pretty awesome, with things like having our lunches subsidized and delivered by Fooda, gym and bike parking with tools and an air pump or the random happy hour with our fridges stocked with beer and snacks.
    I also love bagel Saturdays. Pizza Sundays who? Pffft

Cons

Honestly, nothing really negative. The company is young, so scaling up is what would seem to be an opportunity, but I feel we’ve got a good handle on it.

Advice to Management

We are adding another floor, so keeping everyone engaged in more creative ways will be key to maintaining our awesome culture. We can never have enough swag. Monthly LA top performer bonus/gift?
    Keep doing what you are doing because our customers love us, we are growing really fast and we all love working here.

Sep 7, 2018 – PeopleOps

So glad you are so happy with your choice to join OppLoans! We appreciate your detailed feedback and thank you for your hard work each day! And really... can you ever have too much swag?!

2. "Best Place to work Thus Far!"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job here at OppLoans everyone is close knit and looks out for one another Management is Great!!! Flexible schedules, Great Benefits, and tons of Employee Perks. OppLoans is by far the best company i've ever worked for.

Cons

No cons to report

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work!

3. "OppLoans review"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow quickly, build amazing relationships and eat good food (everyday).

Cons

Have yet to find any cons!

Thanks for the review!!

4. "I took a chance, and I love Opploans!"

Current Employee - Chat Advocate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Chat Advocate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Transparency, always
    -Free snacks & drinks
    -Fooda perk
    -Bagels once per month, gelato, Taco Tuesday, etc
    -Massages
    -Diversity!!!
    -Work/life balance

I love coming into work every day. It's challenging and rewarding. I took a chance by coming to Opploans, but have such high hopes about my future here.

Cons

I can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

I love how I can ask any manager a question. Everyone is supportive of each other and upholds the "open the door for others" mantra we have. Keep doors open and keep challenging employees so that they can move into corporate or higher level positions.

Nov 16, 2018 – PeopleOps

We are so lucky you too a chance on being a part of the OppFam! Thank you for your review!

5. "Exceeded Expectation - Truly Enjoy Going to Work Every Day"

Current Employee - BizOps in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - BizOps in Chicago, IL

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits: Fooda (Free Lunches), Employee Public Transportation Discount, Health, Dental, & Life Insurance, On-Site Gym, 401K Matching, Generous PTO, Paid Holidays & Sick Days, game room, company outings, happy hours, unlimited snacks and much more!

Open & Innovative Culture: Open door policy, training programs, excellent mentors/managers and supportive-collaborative enivormnet. If you have a good idea everyone wants to hear about it and see it through.

Cons

Honestly, there are not any

Advice to Management

Continue to put in the effort to integrate all aspects of the company as we continue to grow at unprecedented rates. So far they have done a great job: Town Halls, Game Nights, Work Sports Leagues, Company Outings, Job Shadowing, etc.

Nov 16, 2018 – PeopleOps

I am so glad you are enjoying your job and the culture here! Thank you for the detailed review and hard work every day!

"Great place to work, and grow"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, above market pay, friendly, and diverse group of employees.

Cons

It's located in downtown so parking is expensive, and company does not have any parking agreements to assist in reduced cost at garages.

Advice to Management

Partner with a local garage to provide discounted parking for employees.

Sep 28, 2018 – PeopleOps

Thanks for the review! We are always trying to improve our perks and benefits, so we appreciate the suggestion!

"This Job Saved My Life"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job literally saved my life. I was going through contract jobs for years waisitng time, not knowing if I would be employed for the following year or so. I was laid off from a previous job. I found out about Opploans, and I applied. I was really depressed and was thinking about ending it all. When I applied and got the call and interview.. EVERYONE was so nice and down to earth. Bob is THE best person to work for. He is caring and wants to make sure that everyone is taken care of so that they want to work. This job saved my life because if it had not been for Bob I may not even be here. The pay is amazing the bonuses and OT is great. It’s a very laid back vibe, great family vibes.. Juan who is a Sup here is soo Friendly and talks to EVERYONE in our department even if he’s not your direct Sup. He told me once, “How come you don’t say hi to me” lol I now make it an effort to speak lol even though he is a cubs fan. I’m rambling but if you are looking for a job that is set apart from other loan companies. If you’re looking for a job that actually cares about their employees.. I suggest you come apply here at OppLoans!

Cons

None, unless Bob stops working here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work... you guys are MIIILLLLEEESSS ahead of other installment loan companies. If you treat the people who work for you right, they’ll stay and want to keep working.

Oct 1, 2018 – PeopleOps

We are SO LUCKY to have you! Thank you for such a thoughtful and caring review. We love that our company truly is a family who works hard to do something special! As PeopleOps I love being a resource... More

"Best place to work"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opploans is an amazing place to work. The managers go above and beyond to help. I'm so glad that Bob and the entire organization allowed me to come and experience such a great work atmosphere. In my case they help me balance my work life with my personal life and am I forever grateful.

Cons

Nothing wouldn't change anything

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great.

Sep 28, 2018 – PeopleOps

Thank you for the great review! So glad you love working here!

"Best Place I’ve ever worked."

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything. Literally. From the interview to the training, the people, the perks, the culture. I absolutely LOVE IT. Management makes sure to not only tell you but SHOW you how much they truly care about you. I’ve been there a fairly short time and already we’ve had a summer party where they closed work early for us, fully catered, full open bar at a VERY nice venue, in office massages, in office gelato, new hire lunch with the CEO, daily lunch stipend with free delivery, and countless other wonderful things.

Cons

I really don’t have one!

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work. The culture, the way we operate only makes us want to excel and work harder

Sep 20, 2018 – PeopleOps

We are so lucky to have such a great OppFam here! Thanks for the great review and keep up the good work!

"Loan Advocate"

I have been working at OppLoans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It Is 100 Percent Better than my Prev Employer or any other Job I've Had, I honestly Enjoy Coming to Work The Environment an People Are so Great An Posistive its almost unbelievable how Great Management Is.

Cons

I honestly wrote a review a few months ago an said ill mention it if there is one, I still haven't found it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!
    Keep inspiring