Optiem Reviews | Glassdoor

Optiem Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8
Optiem CEO Joe Kubic (no image)
Joe Kubic
  1. "A solid gig if you can get it"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Optiem full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at Optiem was great and if you are a self-learner you'll do well. If you are someone who is more task oriented and needs more framework to deliver what is needed, you might struggle at first. My manager at optiem was both the best and worst manager I've ever had. He was great in providing autonomy, let me try new things, pulled me into projects and allowed me to take ownership of my work. Where he struggled was in providing air-cover. If something went wrong that was out of my control. I'd get thrown under the bus in front of clients and then apologized for it back at the office. Clients came first, then company reputation, then you. Great location downtown, easy'ish commute and parking. The office environment is hip and swanky like you would expect from a highly regarded agency.

Cons

Like most agencies, they ran lean and pretty flat. So advancement opportunities were slim. Long hours weren't the norm, but you would hit busy spots or have to pick up slack if someone left suddenly.

Optiem2017-06-15
  2. "Solid local agency"

I worked at Optiem full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to gain experience, have autonomy in your role, work with best in class Cleveland organizations

Cons

Lack of defined career paths, no defined annual performance review process, below average salary

Optiem2013-08-15
  3. "Used to be a good place to work"

I have been working at Optiem

Pros

Nice looking offices in a cool area of Cleveland (Warehouse District)

Cons

Most everything. The owner/CEO is pretty much invisible. Massive turnover/low employee moral. Most of the problems can be traced back to Kubic, who, after 20 years in the business, is still running the company like a start-up.

Continue reading