Optima Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 27, 2019

3.2
Josh Pickus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company had great perks free lunch on Fridays, free snacks, premium seating (floor level) for Hawks games and various concerts" (in 7 reviews)

• "free lunch, free benefits (probably not next year)" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many new hires are unqualified and shown the door before they reach 90 days" (in 4 reviews)

• "With that fast growth comes some growing pains" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great to work at Optima"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm City, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm City, FL

I have been working at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Optima is a great company that provides free health insurance to it's employees, catered lunch every Friday and fully stocked breakroom.

Cons

Mid-size company dealing with growing pains in developing to be the industry leader of Post acute therapy software.

2. "Benefits"

I worked at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good on Benefits and PTO

Cons

Not good Culture, leadership, N/A

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They paid for lunch a few times a week.

Cons

Tethered to desk in call center when they provided lunch...you had to eat at the desk and work.

Terrible training.

Micro-management.

Long hours.

Management talks down to employees.

Advice to Management

It's not worth offering advice, it wouldn't be considered by management.

"The worst experience."

I worked at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, coffee, soda/water. Standing desks

Cons

Lack of leadership
    Lack of training
    Bosses don’t listen and don’t drive change.
    Will invest in staffing sales and marketing department but won’t hire more developers.
    Too busy trying to release new software which often fails and won’t invest in fixing client issues
    A revolving door. A lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees growth and development instead of hiring more pointless chiefs with no vision.

"Great if you are into golden oldies."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company if you want to learn Winforms, VB.NET, Fox Pro and SSRS reports. You could end up spending most of your time doing that. Upgrading has been promised for years and continues to be promised. An excellent company if you like using proprietary versions of common coding libraries. They have their own highly custom versions of many common and free technologies. You will not find much of their stuff anywhere else. This is a great advantage because it may provide job security to those who spend the years required to master the inhouse technology. On the other hand Google search may return zero results when you don't know how to do something. Great opportunity to work in databases with many triggers and stored procedures that are thousands of lines long - a fantastic way to enhance your SQL debugging skills. It is also a wonderful place to work if you want to spend 90% of your time learning the company's custom interpretation of the vast set of Medicare Billing rules, etc. If you enjoy working in legacy land, knowledge silos and undocumented custom technology this could be the ideal place for you. Senior developers at this company are extremely hard working and often do overtime. There is an every man for himself attitude (training is minimal) so you should feel good in the knowledge that every developer here is the best of the best because they have survived everything that was thrown at them. Also due to excellent management on a detailed level any non-performers are routinely dismissed without warning. Senior devs are usually paid $130k-$150k on sign up which is above the average of about $120k for the area.

Cons

There is a very high attrition rate but this only because those people could not keep up with the demands of the work or were not satisfied with the custom and legacy technological choices. The company is probably best for people who have no children or undemanding spouses. As a senior dev you may be expected to provide 1 week of 24/7 production support about every six weeks on all of the company's products whether or not you know anything about those products. If you are highly creative and enjoy learning new technologies or simply like to stay up to date with newer technologies then this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing architects to create custom technology, it makes them very happy and it is a great idea to own lots of proprietary code libraries. Do not worry about upgrading, customers and developers simply love Winforms and VB.NET applications. Also continue hiring devs in India, it is a great way to save money.

6. "Benefits Administrative"

Current Employee - Benefits Administrator in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Benefits Administrator in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits, hours and atmosphere are great

Cons

Salary could be higher for position offered

Advice to Management

Shop & compare as to what other their competitive companies are salary offers are.

"An Abusive Work Environment"

I worked at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid fairly well, Great Industry

Cons

Senior leadership was horrible, company leads by fear and intimidation. I witnessed employees crying at their desks! Everything trickles from the top.

Advice to Management

No use they don't listen. I'm surprised there has not been a law suit filed against them. THE worst people I've ever worked for and yet I was still successful! Thank God I found a better job!

8. "Progressive Company and CEO"

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Collaborative leadership that is knowledgeable, and supportive. Fast paced development, without unilateral decision making. Leadership listens to feedback.

Cons

Industry changes, make it hard to keep up with demand for new features.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback and communicating what's new, how decisions are being made, especially ones that impact people's ability to do their jobs.

"Too Much of a Good Thing?"

I have been working at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with a very positive outlook
    Benefits
    Co-Workers

Cons

Too many urgent and high priority requests on a daily basis - hard to keep up
    Imbalance in hiring between Sales, Dev, and IT
    Capacity planning is too low on our priority list

Advice to Management

We have a good thing going and I think we are on the brink of greatness. But, we need to do more to prepare for and accommodate our growth. We are stretched to our limits and tensions are high across the board. We all want to see success but we need more help to achieve it.

10. "CEO"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Palm City, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Palm City, FL

I have been working at Optima Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is awesome! Appreciates and keeps employees informed. Each and every day he shares a positive attitude .
    Can't wait to see where his great leadership takes us". Company does so much for it's employees.

Cons

Personally have not experienced any cons working here.