KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Optima Tax Relief and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Fitting in Successfully with Company Culture & New Position on My First 90 Days

Jun 30, 2022 - Manager in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Optima Tax Relief's well-structured new employee onboarding process and 30, 60 and 90-day roadmap helped me get up to speed in a thoughtful and deliberate way, ensuring that I'm set up for success and able to add value to the company as soon as possible while also feeling valued as a new team member and contributor. Out of office activities have also helped my acclimate to the new position and the company culture.

Cons

Being a bit of an introvert, mingling outside the confines of the office wasn't an easy thing, but realized it's in my best interest to go out and meet as many co-workers, and I'm glad that I did! There's wide diversity and everyone's easy to talk with and be included in their discussions.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Company from Day 1

Jun 30, 2022 - Tax Preparer in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO and staff strongly encourage engagement by participating in company events. I can definitely say OTR has kept the culture strong both in office and while some of us are still working from home. A lot of companies in the industry are forcing employees back to the office, but here at Optima we still have the opportunity to WFH which makes our work/life balance stress free. Thank you. The biggest pro for me working here has been the opportunities for growth and development. I joined this company not really sure what direction I would go, but thanks to the mentoring from my leaders I have found my passion. The best part of all this has been seeing my peers also grow and promote throughout the journey.

Cons

No real cons because the company has always been flexible with everything I have ever needed. I believe in having transparency and open communication, and Optima has always reciprocated my values which is why i have remained a long term employee. If there ever is an area of opportunity my leaders have always been responsive and respectful.

3. 5.0

Culture Culture Culture!

May 16, 2022 - Human Resources Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture at Optima is one of the best I've experienced in a work place. Everyone has been welcoming and supportive as I transitioned into the company. Senior Management is consistent and transparent with communication and make it a point to remain visible, connected and approachable by all employees. Optima encourages promotion from within and employs a Career Development Specialist to assist employees with identifying career options, training available, and guidance on how to best position themselves for the role they desire. Optima promotes & sponsors volunteer events which encourage interacting with new people throughout the organization while giving back to the community. Optima's commitment to a diverse workplace is apparent through the active Culture Circles which regularly share knowledge, organize events, and encourage participation to increase employee engagement. The company organizes various group events like roller skating, 5k, bowling, picnics, theme parks, holiday celebrations, etc. The facilities offer amenities to be enjoyed by all employees which include things like pool table, ping pong, on-site gym, quiet room, foosball, slide, etc.

Cons

I joined Optima 5 months ago and have yet to experience any cons...except that I have to actually do work each day :-)

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Room for growth, company culture is great

Jun 29, 2022 - Help Desk Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of engagement within the company which helps boost morale Room for growth as long as you're putting in the effort Many different paths you can take in this company Promote a healthy lifestyle instead of sitting at a desk for 8 hours

Cons

No serious cons just that there's no option to work fully remote in this role

5. 4.0

Optimian

May 20, 2022 - Investigations Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would say pro's of working at Optima Tax Relief is definitely having that flexibility of working from home, which I'm sure it's the perk everyone mentions. It is true that after 60 days, you do go fully remote. Company's focus is to keep everyone "inclusive", I would say that has happened in 2 company events I have attended too so far. David, the CEO is great. He genuinely is very nice and is great to have a conversation, which has been opposites to previous company's I've worked at.

Cons

I would say con's I have realized is that is has been hard to meet coworkers as it has all been via camera, but everyone is really nice. Which means you learn and get trained fully online, I would say that was a little bit of an adjustment. The team lead being the only person pretty much has been the only person I have come in contact, she has made it a little hard to reach out for a simple question, as she can come off condescending or has made me feel some type of way negatively. I also would the pay, the job is easy once you get a hang of it and it's great having commission, but it is not a high paying job. With inflation happening, it may not always be enough.

Optima Tax Relief Response

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you’ve attended a couple of the events and hope you will continue to participate. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where every employee feels valued and cared for, and we are sorry to learn your interaction with your team lead has not been positive. We want you to know we take our employee’s feedback seriously and use it to understand any gaps or opportunities that we can work on. We ask that you please reach out to your HR business partner to provide more information about your experiences with your team lead so that we can handle them as appropriate per company policies and procedures.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nectar Review

Jun 29, 2022 - Summary Analyst in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to do job, well manage company, pays good and has many different benefits.

Cons

I can't find many downsides, just one. Haven't received a pay raise in a while.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love Optima

Jun 23, 2022 - Human Resources Business Partner in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall great place to work. The culture at Optima is the best I've ever worked for! Everyone on my team loves what they do and the office environment is enjoyable.

Cons

The only downside is I would love to be fully remote.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome and caring OTR

Jun 17, 2022 - Income Tax Preparer in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I ve been working at OTR for 8 years and love to work here . OTR 's is working both professionally and caring to it's employees ... Create good atmosphere and caring and giving employees a chance to move up and extra activities besides working such as 5K run, community 's services : VITA ,

Cons

of course there is some conflicts but not too much to concern

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

great place to work and grow your career

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team and TL in my department are helpful in answering any question. I'm in a role where it's a great start to my career path. In terms of company events, there's many throughout the year so far to talk to coworkers in other departments. Also the CEO does an amazing job doing weekly video updates for the company on the current and upcoming news for Optima.

Cons

Maybe just that the pay is low for the Santa Ana area

10. 5.0

OPP Sales

Jun 27, 2022 - Sales Associate in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Energetic environment Culture Events People here are all nice!

Cons

I Haven't found one yet

Viewing 1 - 10 of 449 Reviews

Optima Tax Relief Reviews FAQs

Optima Tax Relief has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 452 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Optima Tax Relief to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Optima Tax Relief employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Optima Tax Relief . This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

92% of Optima Tax Relief employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Optima Tax Relief 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Optima Tax Relief to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Optima Tax Relief Job Seekers