KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

I’m. Over. It.

Jul 19, 2021 - I Would Rather Not Say
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s not the worst place I’ve worked. I took a severe pay cut because I needed a job during the pandemic.

Cons

They took away mental health days after us being in a pandemic for a year. I have the least amount of PTO I’ve had in my life. I’m a salaried employee and for the first time ever had to take an unpaid day off work. There is no bonus structure for my job. Everyone here is SEVERELY UNDERPAID, believe it or not there are companies that pay their employees well and also treat them well. I like what I do but I do not like doing it here.

7 people found this review helpful

People Engagement & Development Specialist

At Optima we value feedback from our employees and encourage open dialogue. We encourage you to connect with your manager to discuss any concerns with your pay. You can also submit an inquiry to HR via the “Ask Here” features in your employee profile. Thank you for leaving a review.

2. 5.0

Fun Company to work from

Jul 9, 2021 - Closing Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have lot of company events, lots of growth if you looking to move up fast.

Cons

be ready to talk to a lot of clients most upset because they don't understand the process.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

BEST WORK PLACE

Jul 22, 2021 - Case Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

RECOGNITION, APPRECIATION, TEAM ORIANTED, PUSHED TO SUCCEED

Cons

There is constant change but always for the better

People Engagement & Development Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review!

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great start and quickly ran downhill.

Jul 20, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

SOME of the management and executives are amazing! Work with some great people on teams Some good benefits

Cons

Little to no training or sales training No coaching on performance, call recordings etc. zero 1:1 meetings during tenure Felt like I was a part of a scam as we were to sell tax solutions to people with tax debts but had no clear process in what we do to help them. Leaving many questions with very vague answers. Seems like there is more emphasis on spending money on image, accolades and awards to be the best workplace without actually making it the best workplace. No WFH stipend, no communication during WFH so very easy to feel isolated and alone. No virtual mixers or anything to keep engagement. The culture that is constantly celebrated is nonexistent. Started out position with amazing leaders that were supportive and understood work/life balance. Then came a new leader from debtmerica who immediately created hostility and pushed me away from the organization in the matter of 2 weeks. This person did not take the time to meet me, brushed me off when I was asking for help when I was having struggles and then called me out to the team while I was struggling insinuating I would be removed from the team after many months of performing. Demanded our lives to revolve around this position and taking any time off or not working a 6th day would reflect poorly. Also mi minimized the work of client facing roles as easy and basic. (How does this person align with an award winning culture?) Team mates that were with me from the beginning felt her taking the team down. When it was time for me to depart for a new position this “leader” took no time to talk with me or recognize me and communicated to HR I was leaving for “personal reasons”

People Engagement & Development Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we’ll ensure your feedback is sent to the appropriate leadership. Optima always strives to continuously innovate the training and development of our employees and we’re excited about our new Onboarding and Orientation programs we have recently rolled out. We’re sorry that you feel that you didn’t get the chance to express your perspective with us while leaving the company, and we welcome your sharing more. If you have additional feedback to provide to Optima, we encourage you to please contact our Human Resources department to discuss. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay at Best

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, great office design

Cons

low compensation, poor training, lots of red tape

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

It was alright

Jul 1, 2021 - Quality Assurance
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company events, fun people to work with

Cons

micromanagement, unrealistic expectations, not really about the clients

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love working here!

Jun 14, 2021 - Senior Tax Associate in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Optima Tax Relief, I came over to Optima from a competitor in this space and the marketing at Optima is the best there is. I will probably triple what I made as far as income goes last year. The leadership is fantastic and so was the training.

Cons

I'm really competitive so since we are working remotely, we are not able to see an active sales board.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Moving Forward!

May 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Optima is works towards the development of their people and is always seeking new ways to improve the client experience. So much has been accomplished in the past year for employees and clients alike despite COVID.

Cons

None to think of currently

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Its good if you dont mind the pay

Jun 9, 2021 - Investigations Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, the people are great and youll love the events they throw

Cons

How about you give everyone raises instead of buying new items for the employees. You shouldnt have to start at 14 an hour to be a tax preparer. Thats ridiculous

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

OTR where opportunity meets excellence.

May 18, 2021 - Enrolled Agent in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Optima Tax Relief is fantastic place to work. The Company truly cares for its employees and the employees truly care for the clients and one another. Highly recommend working here.

Cons

There are no real negatives - if you try you will get out of it what you put into and more.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 375 Reviews