Optimal Home Care Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

CEO

1. Featured Review

"Intake assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the company, it's a work environment, yet it feels like home. The acknowledgement is great, opportunity to grow and love my co-workers/family. " My home away from home"

Cons

"Nothing to say", but it's an everywhere or any other job thing , that you need to be professional and give respect to be respected. I personally can't complain.

2. "This is the most employee centered company I ever worked for!"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Denver, CO

I worked at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chad, one of the two owners is great. Very approachable and totally committed to treating his employees like family. There are employee appreciation nights like a casino night, a fabulous Christmas party. They work so hard to make you successful in this company. I was a therapist and the only reason I left is because home care was not a good fit for me. They give their managers extensive training on how to manage respectfully. Altogether a great place to work.

Cons

As a therapist, there was no reimbursement for mileage if you didn't lease a car from them. the long hours on the road, which is what home care is, was tedious. I was cut off from getting new patients after a coaching session without being told but they made it right when I complained.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing Edwyn. In my opinion, what you are doing is steering this company like someone who really cares and you do!

3. "Physical Therapist"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of visits because they take all insurance, Company Cars,

Cons

Low pay per visit especially for OASIS visits, Supervising too many PTAs for too many visits and poor compensation for same, non-clinical compliance frustrating to clnicians

Advice to Management

You will continue to have a high turn over if you don't pay better

"Anonymous employee"

Current Employee - Field Staff in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Staff in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very personal and warm culture with emphasis on collaboration and open communication. Genuinely cares about their staff. Believes in change and strives to improve all the time. They hold people to a high standard.

Cons

They give people chances and gets taken advantage of. Hiring clinicians with minimal experience which creates unrealistic expectations of newly hired employees.

Advice to Management

Hold people more accountable specifically the clinical staff. Recruit experienced clinicians and verify references specifically character references and if possible do personality checks.

Sep 30, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here at Optimal...8 years certainly gives you a great perspective. As an FYI - Optimal does perform character references as well as a ... More

6. "feels like home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

documentation system is great. good communication between team members. office staff helpful. not inundated with staff meetings weekly. Appreciate the care team that takes care of a lot of things clinicians were once responsible for that frees up time for us.

Cons

pay is below local average, clinicians are not salaried, workload varies.

Advice to Management

keep up good communication with field staff. Thank you for all the employee "benefits" such as tennis team, picnics, etc. Builds morale.

Sep 9, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your "Optimal" experience so far. We do work hard to stay ahead of the curve in terms of technology; our EMR system is just a part of that ... More

7. "Great Staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Optimal Home Care (Less than a year)

Pros

An awesome place to work. The management team is incredible. If you have any issues, they jump on them right away. The open door policy at Optimal is so refreshing - you know that your voice will always be heard and that if problems arise, they will be solved to the best of their ability. Very accommodating and helpful when it comes to training and all other questions. Awesome and positive environment to work in!

Cons

none for me to complain of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 20, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for the glowing review. We are very glad that your Optimal experience was a good one and hope that you can take whatever you learned here to further your career and life going forward ... More

8. "Nurse/ Supervisor"

Current Contractor - Nurse/Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Nurse/Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care as a contractor

Pros

Employees are supported in their roles, there are many opportunities for growth, many positions available and staff are placed where their talents are. Positive, family-oriented atmosphere. I always leave work feeling good and feeling connected and valued.

Cons

High volume work load. Good personal management and organization is vital or else one can easily get overwhelmed.

Mar 10, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback - we really appreciate that you took time to give us your "pros and cons". No doubt, Optimal is growing and thus opportunities do abound for growth and development. We ... More

9. "Fantastic Company, Long-term solution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company really goes out of its way to make everybody feel like a great part of the team.
    Many events designed to build great working relationships as well as have a ton of fun along the way.
    The heart of the owners and admin staff down to the clinicians on the front lines is one of serving and impacting the patient's lives.

Cons

Pay rates could be a bit higher.

Mar 4, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for reviewing our agency...and thanks for over 5 years of service! You are right, the agency truly strives to provide opportunities for our staff to connect and fine our workplace as more ... More

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Wellness Kit Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Wellness Kit Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Optimal is a great place to work. Period. Though we are expanding rapidly as a company, the agency continues to push hard to promote unity, comradery, and advocacy for it's employees. It's heavily family oriented and inviting; when you walk through the doors, it looks like someone's home who happens to have a reception desk in it. Overall, it's a fantastic place to work

Cons

Expansion is difficult for any company, and Optimal is no exception. But growth means business; the agency is able to celebrate a decade plus of being in business to their ability to adapt with the demands placed on them.

Advice to Management

Not currently at this time.

Jan 29, 2016

We are so encouraged by your "Optimal Experience" and how readily you see the agency's core values throughout. We agree that Optimal is a quickly growing agency - in census, in staff, and in ... More

11. "Great Place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow and mature in more than just your job duties. Optimal really cares that the employees have a satisfactory work experience. This in turn, creates the best patient experience. The Management does listen and take seriously the input they get from employees. They want to know from the people doing the work how Optimal can improve! Happy employees come from Optimal Home Care!

Cons

We are growing like crazy! It is exciting, but at the same time it creates challenges with getting what you might need right now. As an employee who has just passed the 1 year anniversary mark, I am invested to be a part of the growth and to be able to put my stamp on my part of the companies growth.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us! We really do want to do our best for Optimal!