Optimal Home Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Altogether a great place to work (in 5 reviews)

• Ownership truly cares about the quality of care and the environment/culture for the staff who work here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary not as high as prior jobs, but again, the Car Program makes up for it (in 3 reviews)

• They will try to lure you in with a fancy car package, good pay rates, and fancy looking office (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Intake assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the company, it's a work environment, yet it feels like home. The acknowledgement is great, opportunity to grow and love my co-workers/family. " My home away from home"

Cons

"Nothing to say", but it's an everywhere or any other job thing , that you need to be professional and give respect to be respected. I personally can't complain.

2. "Not Perfect but Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Optimal is an agency that expects professionalism and hard work. It has a great corporate culture where they cultivate openness and transparency. They are not perfect but I do believe that they try to make things happen and work. Communication via using its technology is a plus. Care coordination through its EMR is a total advantage which allows you to case conference with other clinicians.

Cons

Scheduling process needs to be evaluated. As to the growing demands of the agency's sources, it can impose a burden in managing the schedules of the field staff which can create frustration.

Advice to Management

Evaluate recruitment process as it will help filter staff that are not cut out to do home health.

3. "Love the People I Work With"

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent corporate culture. Admin and Field staff truly cares about each other. Great support from management. Optimal strives to constantly evolve to the needs of the staff and its patients.

Cons

I have seen incredible growth in the past 2 years which exposed cracks in its processes. There are redundancies in the processes which makes it burdensome. Its EMR needs to be evaluated as it is not addressing issues that could eliminate some of the redundancies.

Advice to Management

Assess current EMR. HR must recruit experienced staff. This will avoid bad reviews from new staff who is not competent to manage their work load.

4. "Progressive Company to Work for"

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The agency embraces technology and change. They may have shortcomings operationally but what makes it great is that the agency tries its very best to be ahead of the curve as well as making every effort to do things right. Love the vision of the owners.

Cons

Hiring the right person can make a huge difference. The agency trusts too much on people that should not be trusted.

Advice to Management

Need to review hiring practices

5. "Big Agency with a Family Feel"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Optimal is very nice and accommodating. It has been a great experience for me from the time I started to present. By no means that they have done everything right, they made mistakes along the way. But what makes it different among the employers I have worked with is that they take ownership and that management takes immediate action to correct things.

Cons

There can be some office drama but is manageable.

Advice to Management

Consistent training and education is a key to successful operations. Please strive to remember that staff will be prepared to meet needs of the patients when they are fully trained and educated.

6. ""Best Place I have ever worked at!""

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly make you feel like family! This is the first company I have worked for where they actually make you feel like you are special. For my birthday my department decorated my desk with balloons, streamers, confetti, and cards. It made me cry :) The owners are very approachable and there is always food in the break room.

Cons

The only possible downside is working with sources such as hospitals and doctors who can be quite demanding and rude. I guess it could be in any industry but this is my first job in healthcare and it seems more prevalent than the insurance industry I was in before.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You guys work hard to support us. Thank you.

7. ""Great Culture""

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first real job as I finish my college degree. The people I work with are awesome. People are genuinely happy to be here. Chad one of the owners actually bought solar eclipse glasses for everyone to watch the eclipse from the roof of the building. Optimal has been super flexible with me around my school schedule and for that, I am very grateful. I personally do not know of many companies that even care about student final exams and or work with their employees to prepare for finals.

Cons

None that I have come across.

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a tuition reimbursement program for students. Maybe there is and I am not aware of it.

8. "Amazing Company Environment"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optimal Home Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very professional company. Super impressed with the whole onboarding program. I have worked for many home health agencies and I have never seen a company so prepared for new employees.

Cons

I don't have any yet. Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase.

Advice to Management

Keep it up you guys rock!

9. "Great home health care company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Denver, CO

I worked at Optimal Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really friendly environment, generally everyone is pretty happy. The clinical leadership team is really involved with the field staff which is a big change from my last company. The training for new hires is top notch, they really make sure you are prepared before you start seeing patients.

Cons

Can be a little hectic since they are growing so much. Too many emails in my experience.

Advice to Management

Hopefully, if I move back to Colorado you guys will rehire me! I will miss everyone! My only advice is to try and avoid hiring nurses who have no home health experience. A couple of nurses who quit did not have home health experience and I think they got frustrated not realizing the amount of knowledge needed to complete the OASIS assessment. They expressed frustration having their OASIS sent back so many times to be corrected. If you stick with experienced home health nurses you won't run into those problems.

If you guys decide to open an office in Texas I am in!

10. "Physical therapists-PLEASE READ"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Denver, CO

I worked at Optimal Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an abundance of patients. This is a good and a bad thing. See my cons please. Yes, this is the only pro to working with this company.

Cons

They will try to lure you in with a fancy car package, good pay rates, and fancy looking office. Please do not take the bait. This company only cares about the bottom line. I never received my car after signing up for one, and we NEVER did a single case conference on patients in 7 months of working there. They do not care about the quality of care with the patients in the field. They care about two things: the number of patients you can see per week, and documentation.

Advice to Management

Do not work for this company if you are a physical therapist. My advice to management is to run your company putting patients first, and the bottom line second. I currently own my own practice, and I know this is THE ONLY way to run an affective business and practice. Get your priorities straight.