OptimisCorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Alan Morelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great work environment"

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

People here are an absolute pleasure to work with. We have fun but also know when to get serious. With all the company changes, the managers do a great job to make sure that their team doesn't feel the full impact. Also the flexible hours are great!

Cons

I can't really think of any Cons as management does a great job of keeping you focused on your job rather than getting you involved with what's going on with the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Amazingly upbeat and supportive atmosphere"

Current Employee - Software Manager in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Software Manager in Pacific Palisades, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a great group of developers and support personnel to work with! Everyone is hard-working, but they also like to have fun. Most have values consistent with the company's focus on health and wellness. I've been cajoled into exercising more regularly and eating better ... and I'm so thankful for that! I was concerned that the company had struggled because of attacks by disgruntled former leaders, but you wouldn't know it from the positive, can-do attitude of the development and support teams.

Cons

If you're looking to punch a clock, work 9-5, this isn't the place for you. The place is buzzing with energy and excitement about big new things. If you're not ready for that, you won't fit in.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in talented and motivated developers, as you have recently!

3. "I've been working with Optimis full-time"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pacific Palisades, CA

Pros

Optimis has a great technology stack to help tackle hard problems like scaling, performance & healthcare security. Optimis has some very exciting & innovative products in the roadmap and is well positioned to deliver them with the amazing team and leadership they currently have. Every employee gets an opportunity to participate and use the programs we build internally and it is great to experience these programs before they are scaled out to our users.

Cons

If you're familiar with startup culture then there aren't really any cons, there are common problems that need to be prioritized and solved.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire and motivate the team to build amazing products that will revolutionize the PT and wellness industry.

"So far so good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are into it here and I feel we are making a lot of improvements. Amazing software, looking at real positive growth. Its been a great move for me.

Cons

Some negative people in the house, hopefully they'll leave.

Advice to Management

Keep us on the right track and keep building the positive momentum.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Pacific Palisades, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is transitioning from "beta product" to "seasoned solution" - which can be painful for both company and customer at times. Processes that used to meet the need just don't now, adapt or die. The management is very forward looking and is open to doing what it takes to make our customers successful in the future.

Cons

Old habits die hard. Some people can't handle the change or don't want to be somewhere while they go through that change - this explains most of the negative comments on Glassdoor. Sour grapes.

One of the brutal realities of the beta departure is that developers have to be more sensitive to deadlines. In the beginning, beta customers were more forgiving of languishing enhancement requests because there were serious core work to be done. Now that we are pursuing a broader market, prospective customers expect that we will come through on even little commitments. To everyone who says, "you can't rush perfection" - the invisible hand will show that people won't wait for you to do it perfectly.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep the vision.

"A Company Full of Possibilities"

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consideration of family values for all employees
    Employee input well received
    Flexibility of schedule
    Opportunity to work with industry leaders; this translates into industry recognition by name
    In competition for being the top EMR in the outpatient rehab industry
    Evidence and Compliance driving the platform for the EMR = Excellence

Cons

Out of "beta" for a little more than a year = growing pains
    Progress not as fast as we would like it to be

"This is a newer company with the best intentions for its employees and its users."

Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinic Relationship Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible resources within the PT world! They attempt to stay updated and follow through with the product they are providing.

Cons

As with any new company, changes can be significant and communication to all of those involved can be lacking.

Advice to Management

There is a group of us that talk with the clients on a daily basis. We really do see what they are looking for. While there might be other things on the agenda of mgmt, please take into consideration what we're hearing from clients and potential clients.

"Positive Outlook"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Above everything would have to be the friendly people and the wonderful opportunity to live and work in Southern California. Anything after that is just an added bonus, and there are plenty of other pro's to consider. Being a young software company that is just emerging onto the corporate scene, assuming the product continues to grow, there will be room for advancement, and I believe the recent management shake-up helped to re-focus the direction we are heading. It's an interesting transition period, but I believe in the product and think a lot of people would agree with me. Filling the physical therapy EMR niche has been fascinating, and I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Cons

Being in this transition phase and assuming a more typical corporate model takes a lot of work and a healthy dose of stress and uncertainty, but a lot of really great things are starting to emerge as the dust settles.

Advice to Management

The biggest change I'd like to see is better communication between the dev team and the testers for more consistent fixes/updates.

"Incredible New Adventure"

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Fantastic Teamwork - this company has some truly amazing people who inspire me every day and go out of their way to ensure that every team member has a voice.

Opportunity - the sky's the limit and I believe we are well on our way to being the absolute best.

Leadership - our diverse management team demonstrates that they are dedicated to providing a fantastic product without compromising employee integrity.

Cons

Some Kinks - we still have some bugs to work out in order to provide the users with a total package.

Old vs. New - newer employees lack some of the vital history of the software which can make it difficult to connect the dots at times.

Advice to Management

Transparency - please continue the open forum for all changes, the information is always appreciated.

10. "Young Company, Bright Future"

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better.
    A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially.
    Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration.
    Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.