Option 1 Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Gail Myers

1. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter/President
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter/President

I worked at Option 1 Staffing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can honestly say, as an employee from many years ago. Option 1 has always stayed true to their clients and employees, always held on to the integrity and the value of an honest business and never wavered from the meaning of true customer service.

Cons

I can not post any negatives. That is the truth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. If you have has growth and continued success, you are keeping up with trends, offering excellent customer service and education your staff.

2. "Thank you Option 1 Staffing!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Option 1 Staffing was able to connect me to a job that was perfect for me. Amy Clark was extremely kind and helpful during the interview process.

Cons

The pay/salary is no where near close to a livable wage for the Bay Area. Unfortunately even with 17 years of experience in a specific industry they still get away with paying you what seems like pennies when we live in the most expensive place in the country.

Advice to Management

Need to find a way to make sure qualified people
    Are getting the salary they deserve. Giving someone a manager position and then offering less than $20 per hour in the Bay Area is a slap in the face to the person who's worked hard to get where they are including 2 college degrees. Just felt taken advantage of when it came down to the salary.

3. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

Pros

I worked here for over 2 years and learned a lot from the senior level staff and president. This is not like a lot of other staffing firms that grind sales personnel up.

I came in with minimal industry knowledge and was given a lot of responsibilities off the bat, which made me nervous. I was able to adapt quickly with hands on training and daily meetings allowed me to be successful in this role.

Realistic sales goals - work/life balance was excellent - competitive pay - opportunity to grow

Cons

You are given some clients but are encourage to develop your own client base and desk.

5. "Quick Hiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

easy communication, got me into an interview quick and got hired quickly

Cons

the job wasn't in my desired industry, but ended up being an excellent fit

"Terrible communication"

Former Employee - Sourcing in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sourcing in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Option 1 Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an employee(internally) you get an hour lunch. They also always have bags of candy for you to eat during the day

Cons

You don't get the proper training needed to be a sourcer. All you do is look at resumes for 13 dollars an hour. Then they will tell you they will raise your pay and won't. Also they micro manage you constantly. Gail is one of the managers and she nags constantly at you.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

"Good Job when working but no contact when on available list"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

They offer a variety of jobs and I got placed. It was a ok. I built relationships with the company that I was working. I was almost hired.

Cons

I was not hired at my company due to some kind of agreement with the company I was working at which required a significant amount of money for me to get hired. After my assignment ended I called back a few times but they have not gotten back with me in a couple of months.

Advice to Management

Keep non working temps on a email list so they can see the jobs that are available. Because if you don't know that one of the temps works. They might know someone who does.

"Great Staff"

Pros

Friendly environment and professional staff. The staff strives to get to know every potential candidate on a more personal level. They are always working hard to find the perfect fit for candidates and companies. The company also specializes in many areas from IT to healthcare to accounting so they have a variety of jobs. You should give them your feedback because they appreciate it and use it to constantly improve.

Cons

They cannot place everybody they meet.