Option 1 Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter/President
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter/President

I worked at Option 1 Staffing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can honestly say, as an employee from many years ago. Option 1 has always stayed true to their clients and employees, always held on to the integrity and the value of an honest business and never wavered from the meaning of true customer service.

Cons

I can not post any negatives. That is the truth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. If you have has growth and continued success, you are keeping up with trends, offering excellent customer service and education your staff.

2. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Option 1 Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first job out of college. Learned a lot about recruiting and sales. Also learned a lot about myself and abilities I didn't I now I had. Nice people, in general. No need to work after hours. Opportunity to make more money with commission. This got me on the career path I wanted to be on.

If you want to get into sales, recruiting or HR this is a good place to start. They love to hire clean cut new college grads with outgoing personalities.

Free coffee, soda, chips and candy in office.

Cons

-low pay with commission--it can take a long time to build your business
    -no benefits/perks
    -strict working hours
    -tiny, family run office
    -President of company is so money hungry and puts so much pressure on his recruiters/sourcers. He's old school and a little discriminatory. You definitely have to have the right personality and drive for this place. He pushes you to your limits--you can decide for yourself if that is good or bad. I was definitely demoralized by his actions and words.
    -I came home in tears multiple times along with never ending eye twitches and sleeping problems...until I got a new job. :)

Advice to Management

Please learn learn how to show that you value and appreciate your employees. Anything is better than nothing.

3. "Zero Stars for Poor Benefits - Slave Labor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Option 1 Staffing as a contractor

Pros

Amy Clark is great, and I would recommend her to help you with whatever job opportunity they have available

Cons

Their benefits are worse than a joke. The only recently provided healthcare, but it's only the bare minimum. If you need a prescription, forget it! Healthcare doesn't cover it. Sick days? You can accrue as many as they allow, but you're only allowed to use three days for the entire year. 24 tiny little hours for whatever emergency you many have for the year. There's no holiday pay, no additional sick time, and that's pretty much what you get. You get minimal healthcare, sick time use, and anything legally mandatory, because they only want to give you the bare minimum. They don't care about you. They don't care if get sick, have an emergency, or a medical issue. I pay per week and per month for the worst benefits I've ever experienced. It's work, work, work, so they can get their commission off your slave labor.

Advice to Management

Try doing better. DO BETTER. Offer more than the legally bare minimum to keep your contractors happy, or else we're going to leave you at the first opportunity we get and NOT LOOK BACK, when so many other companies offer more. They care. Try it.

4. "Thank you Option 1 Staffing!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Option 1 Staffing was able to connect me to a job that was perfect for me. Amy Clark was extremely kind and helpful during the interview process.

Cons

The pay/salary is no where near close to a livable wage for the Bay Area. Unfortunately even with 17 years of experience in a specific industry they still get away with paying you what seems like pennies when we live in the most expensive place in the country.

Advice to Management

Need to find a way to make sure qualified people
    Are getting the salary they deserve. Giving someone a manager position and then offering less than $20 per hour in the Bay Area is a slap in the face to the person who's worked hard to get where they are including 2 college degrees. Just felt taken advantage of when it came down to the salary.

5. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

Pros

I worked here for over 2 years and learned a lot from the senior level staff and president. This is not like a lot of other staffing firms that grind sales personnel up.

I came in with minimal industry knowledge and was given a lot of responsibilities off the bat, which made me nervous. I was able to adapt quickly with hands on training and daily meetings allowed me to be successful in this role.

Realistic sales goals - work/life balance was excellent - competitive pay - opportunity to grow

Cons

You are given some clients but are encourage to develop your own client base and desk.

6. "Quick Hiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

easy communication, got me into an interview quick and got hired quickly

Cons

the job wasn't in my desired industry, but ended up being an excellent fit

"Terrible communication"

Former Employee - Sourcing in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sourcing in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Option 1 Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an employee(internally) you get an hour lunch. They also always have bags of candy for you to eat during the day

Cons

You don't get the proper training needed to be a sourcer. All you do is look at resumes for 13 dollars an hour. Then they will tell you they will raise your pay and won't. Also they micro manage you constantly. Gail is one of the managers and she nags constantly at you.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

"Good Job when working but no contact when on available list"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

They offer a variety of jobs and I got placed. It was a ok. I built relationships with the company that I was working. I was almost hired.

Cons

I was not hired at my company due to some kind of agreement with the company I was working at which required a significant amount of money for me to get hired. After my assignment ended I called back a few times but they have not gotten back with me in a couple of months.

Advice to Management

Keep non working temps on a email list so they can see the jobs that are available. Because if you don't know that one of the temps works. They might know someone who does.

"Great Staff"

Pros

Friendly environment and professional staff. The staff strives to get to know every potential candidate on a more personal level. They are always working hard to find the perfect fit for candidates and companies. The company also specializes in many areas from IT to healthcare to accounting so they have a variety of jobs. You should give them your feedback because they appreciate it and use it to constantly improve.

Cons

They cannot place everybody they meet.