Optomi Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2020

4.4
Optomi CEO and Co-founder Michael Winwood (no image)
Michael Winwood
Pros
  • "Great company that truly cares about their employees(in 19 reviews)

• "Giving back - I have never worked for a company that demonstrates(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Best recruiter I've worked with!"

I worked at Optomi full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with Miranda Supeno for couple weeks for a tech position. She is the best recruiter I've worked with! She is detailed oriented, keeps me updated on the process and prepares me for the interview. All the email communications and messages were clear and easy to follow. She has a great attitude and she brings great energy each time I talk to her! I really enjoyed working with her and I will definitely work with her again!

Cons

Can't think of anything! She is the best!

2. "Disrespect"

1.0

I have been working at Optomi full-time for more than a year

Pros

My peers are amazing. The future as a whole looks great, just depends on where you sit in the region.

Cons

The company high-ups do not follow the culture values they always speak about. They have a leader that no one wants to speak to, disrespects everyone that comes to them and follows no core values the company has, but gets a promotion. I heard several employees confidentially spoke to leadership about how she treats individuals and then Optomi elevates this leader. This move makes you understand that it counts on friendships with Executives not how producers contribute to the company. My aspirations, like many others, are to get into senior or leadership roles. If this is what leadership will start to look like I don’t think I will be following that path.

August 5, 2020VP of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. As you noted, we speak a lot about our core values because they are the foundation of who we are. We do our best to ensure each of our team members embodies those. We trust that our new developing program for our Leaders of Tomorrow will allow our team to grow and improve in all aspects of their work here with us. Our desire is for this to be a culture full of positivity and respect. We are all leaders in this company, no matter the role we are in, and can all influence our culture.

3. "Do not recommend"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Optomi full-time

Pros

Compensation was appropriate for the role.

Cons

Very toxic workplace with all the behind the scenes negativity. During the interview process, they said they were a "winning team" in the interviews, but very quickly after joining the company, it was apparent they were not a winning team and didn't have a motivated leader to delegate. Micro-management was very common along with a lack of direction/guidance. False advertising of specific roles with little to no training. Work life balance was frowned upon. Management requires employees to take laptops home every evening.

July 16, 2020VP of Talent

I regret hearing that your experience was not what you expected. When employees begin their career with us that have not been in this industry before we implement a formula of success to make sure they progress down the right path. At Optomi, we are partners in your career not just bystanders. That means that we are constantly there to help coach you as you encounter obstacles. Our training program is a very in-depth 3 week or 3 month program depending on your experience. In that program you get opportunities to train with all levels of Executives in our company. This gives you and our team ability to get to know you beyond the work level. As you saw during the interview process, we ask questions to get a better idea of who you are not just your work history. We always strive to provide an environment where people feel respected and part of the Optomi family.

"Great Company with a Positive Outlook"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optomi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun Team in a growing Company! - Great training program to get you ramped up. - Incentive programs that you reward you for your hard work. - Management is encouraging and supportive. - Opportunities to grow within the organization.

Cons

- None that I can tell so far!

"Innovative, Fun, Progressive & Motivating"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optomi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting and motivating work environment that constantly challenges you to step up and deliver. The support from all employees here at Optomi is the by far the best I have ever been apart of.

Cons

Since I have started working with Optomi, I have only encountered positivity. I can honestly say that I have not come across anything that would be considered a negative.

Continue reading

"This was not the best experience. Possibly the worst."

2.0
    Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Optomi full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a contractor you're not tied down to a company that does not value you.

Cons

When your assignment is over they throw you out with the garbage and you never here from them again. Complain about being discriminated against-they do nothing while your assignment magically "ends".

February 5, 2020VP of Talent

We regret to hear that your experience with Optomi was not to our standards. We strive to always uphold our consultant centered philosophy and make your opportunity with Optomi easy and enjoyable. Please reach out to me directly so I can help resolve any current issues or concerns, ambergerard@optomi.com

"Hands-down the best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Tech Recruiter

I have been working at Optomi full-time for more than a year

Pros

If work culture is important to you, then Optomi is definitely a company you should consider! OPS (Optomi Professional Services) is truly a mission-minded company that cares about the employees, gives back to the community and fosters great energy in their people and partnerships.

Cons

The only con might be work-life balance. But this is to be expected in most recruitment environments. Commission is a great incentive to work hard!

"Good Values"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Optomi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mission minded company that believes in giving back. They treat people like adults when it comes to time in/time out of office, PTO, etc.

Cons

Sales & recruiting isn't for everyone

Continue reading

"potential to make a ton of money if you sell your soul and don't have a life outside of work"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Optomi full-time

Pros

- encouraged to learn about relationship building and clients - happy hours -encouraged giving back to community

Cons

-toxic atmosphere -self-serving managers that look out for themselves over their teams -little to no training -no work/life balance -very inappropriate fraternization between bosses and employees

November 22, 2019VP of Talent

We regret that your experience with us is not what you had hoped. We strive to provide an environment where people feel valued and given tools to be successful. Our leaders perform monthly 1-on-1 meetings with employees to explore (among other things) how they can help and what kind of tutoring might be needed to ensure success. If and when you communicate a struggle, we do our best to surround you with individuals who can help. In each of our 9 markets, we live by the motto: Company, team, self. Putting each of our employees in a position to succeed is important to us. If you feel that you are not, we want to work to improve. Please reach out to me confidentially and directly at ambergerard@optomi.com.

10. "Growing Company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optomi full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has been growing year after year which has created lots of opportunities. The upper management has been very stable and has a true direction for the company. There is a strong team culture and the company has invested a lot of resources into training to retain and grow its employees. The Provalus (domestic onshore outsourcing) is a game-changer in differentiating Optomi from the competition and the company is truly making an impact for military veterans and rural communities across the country.

Cons

Generally, no real cons. It would be great if the 401K is revamped but overall good benefits for its employees.

Found 184 reviews