Optomi Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Michael Winwood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "As a contract employee i can say that Optomi has been a great company to work through" (in 19 reviews)

• "Great company culture, vision, and leadership" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance needs to be better" (in 9 reviews)

• "I have nothing negative to say at this time" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best decision I have ever made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Optomi full-time

Pros

This company always stays true to their values and ethics. Before I started they let me know that this industry is a competitive one. It takes a certain type of individual to rise to the occasion. Lucky for me, I thrive on challenges and don’t accept failure.

I have been successful at Optomi thanks to my work ethic, the support of the Executive team and my team partnering with me.

My achievements have brought me:
    more hands on mentoring from the top level executives
    trips to exotic locations
    Phantom stock
    Remote work days
    The ability to be a 6-figure player.

I love working here.

Cons

You earn everything you receive, there is nothing given to you. This industry is one of the most competitive out there, another reason why we get paid so well. You might see people come and go and complain. They do this because they just aren’t built for this industry. I guess the same way I could never have been a doctor or a firemen. To each his own.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your employees and celebrating their success big and small. Keep giving more attention to your top players who earn the right to have your mentorship. Keep the training going for individuals like me that come into this company and refuse to fail.

Dec 4, 2017 – VP of Talent

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time at Optomi!

2. "Optomi changed my life!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Optomi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I heard about Optomi from one of my childhood friends who works for Optomi!
    Last year, I took a leap of faith and moved for an opportunity that, little did I know, would change my life! I moved to Georgia to start a new career in a brand new industry with Optomi!

My stellar experience started from the very first conversation with the Internal Corporate Recruiter. She was very helpful to give me an insight into all the roles and opportunities available. We walked through my options and I felt as she was a career coach guiding me to the role that best fit my skillsets and matched my goals for my next step!

When I came in for my onsite interview with the Optomi team I had the opportunity to meet with multiple people in different roles to get an insight on what to expect, as well as conversed with Optomi Leadership which included the CSO and EVP. During these conversations, I realized Optomi is so much more than an IT Staffing Firm. Optomi is a company that wants to give back in everything that we do by giving back to our local communities each time a consultant is placed with one of our clients and quarterly give back days! Optomi also plays a huge part in being a career coach for everyone that we interact with and we are helping our consultants find their purpose, not just a job!

I started on the sales side as a Client Account Manager and switched to a Technical Recruiter role. In my first year, I hit my year goals and made it to our Platinum Club trip located in the Dominican Republic! But my favorite part about hitting my goals is that I was able to contribute even more in our giving back efforts as well!! With each placement, Optomi gives right back into our communities by providing food to food insecure children for a weekend worth of meals. I also have loved volunteering with multiple organizations that impact our local communities in all markets!

Another one of my favorite things about Optomi is that they are truly focused on having a great culture as we continue to grow. GROWTH is very predominate right now across all of our nine markets and with growth, there is continuously more opportunity! If you are looking for a company that will push you to become better, if you are self-motivated, and if you are determined to be successful by paving an innovative career path, then Optomi is for you! The recruiting industry can be tough but Optomi has the right training, supportive employees, and leadership to steer you in the right direction!

Almost two years down and I am looking forward to seeing where the next two will take me! Cheers!

Cons

In ways this is a con and others not but you will have to work more some weeks to get the results you want!

"Top IT staffing firm to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Optomi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I knew this company was a standout when I began interviewing with them. Everyone I was introduced to was genuine and truly cared about the company. They are doubling in size internally and creating offices in new markets each year. This company has the potential and resources to be leaders in the market.

Cons

The interview process was quite extensive, but it's truly because they really value who they bring in and want to make sure they are a culture fit.

"Small company, small leadership minds"

I have been working at Optomi full-time

Pros

You will enjoy working with all of your peers at this company. It is AWESOME that they listened to the employees and started doing extra holiday time. They do get upset with you for taking PTO especially if you are not actively working during your PTO. I wish they would just give you the extra holidays because its the only off time you have to spend away from work and destress.

Cons

This company is still a family run organization and you will find that even if you like your peers you do not like your leadership on any level. It is scary if you make one of the founders mad because you just made two mad/disappointed at once since they are married. This is an extra stress that I do not want to deal with. I want to have the opportunity to impress individually, not go through one person to impress the other or make one mad through the other but others play the political game well.

You find out you don't want to move up. The leaders don't like their jobs, they don't have fun working and they are too stressed. It is easy to see who is in favor here. Play the game well and you might make it through.

They are growing too quickly and due to this they don't give the right mentorship/leadership to grow. They should have stayed with small amount of offices and grow those for several years before venturing into other cities. They are all about getting their big pay day.

-Stop only praising your favorites-everyone gets it
    -Start seeing that we all are working hard, not just a select few
    -No career growth but again who wants it
    -Very political/watch your back
    -Fake it with leadership until you can get through it
    -NO 401K matching program-they say they want to help build you a future but they are not doing much about it.
    -They have a stock program but from my understanding they don't buy the stock back from you so this could turn into nothing.

Advice to Management

Start putting the fun back into work. We spend more time in your offices than any where else. We want to enjoy it. We understand you put a lot of money into this company but we are putting a lot of time in the same company. Remember, we are valuable as well.

Jun 27, 2018 – VP of Talent

Thank you for voicing your feedback. I would like to hear more about your experience if you are comfortable in having a discussion with me. Please contact me directly at ambergerard@optomi.com

"Nope. Recruiters/Sales -- Don't take the bait"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Optomi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overall direction of the company is positive. Senior leaders/partners know how to build a staffing company with high turnover, which in turn keeps their business growing while they pocket their former employee's commission checks.

They also "take care" of their consultants, so long as you do your job well and are able to help them drive more business.

Cons

--Toxic culture with little to no buy-in from individual contributors.
    -- Excessively high turnover rate (Over 75%)
    -- Nepotistic
    -- Offers no career growth opportunity unless you were there at the beginning
    -- Spent 60-90 minutes per day in update meetings in which priorities constantly were changed without reason. That's EIGHT HOURS A WEEK. Then consistently asked why it was so hard to find the right person for the job.
    -- Training (aka Optomi U) was an absolute joke. No career-guidance or mentorship that was promised. Everything I was sold on before taking the job was absolutely fraudulent outside of my paycheck.
    -- Video interviewing for every candidate -- Because that makes for a great candidate experience.
    -- Leaders only care about their own time and what they have scheduled.

Advice to Management

low-level employee buy-in is a real issue (sales and recruiting). Work on developing your employees in addition to developing your company. Offer a 401k contribution. Stop lying to people to get them to take the job.

Jun 27, 2018 – VP of Talent

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Regarding training and retention, training and career development have been a priority for us from the beginning and our Director of Training works personally... More

"Best Consulting Firm I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Optomi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Well established processes that are simple to follow
    - On-boarding was a breeze
    - Very communicative and professional
    - Nice people; real and fun, not fake or stodgy

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

It's obvious through my interactions with recruiters and support staff that there is a large emphasis placed on how your contractors are treated. Not just that they are treated 'well', but how that is accomplished.

Please keep doing this, it makes all the difference in the world!

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Optomi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Denver Office is growing at an awesome rate! We have really strong leadership here and our executive leadership is readily available. The culture across the country is very collaborative and people genuinely want to support one another. We have the opportunity to work flexible hours and have work from home days - solid work life balance!

Cons

The industry itself can be tough - if you're comfortable pushing yourself and willing to make some sacrifices, the results you will see in the long run are well worth it.

Advice to Management

Having accessible leadership is one of the things I value most - thank you!

"Well Organized and Professional"

Current Employee - Senior Project/Program Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project/Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Optomi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Timely follow up and relevant feedback during recruiting process. Actually called back when I didn't get the job. That's rare.

Generally speaking a well run and professional organization. Contracting and consulting is a competitive business with lots of fringe companies trying to make it work. Optomi does it better than most.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Cons

At this point none that are relevant.

"Strong Foundations"

I have been working at Optomi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you're hired, the process for timekeeping and expenses are simple and fast. Amazing proactive customer service.

Cons

Initial paperwork and process were bumpy. 401k has a 90-day waiting period PLUS it has to line up with a quarter. That's a bit excessive for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great customer service. Not sure your costs would go up for shorter waiting period on the 401k -- I'm paying the fees, right?

"Top Class"

Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Optomi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy and open communication. Always available staff. Perfect match placement. Competative Salaries. Ever expanding customer base.

Cons

The only con I can think of follows. I wish I would have found such a great company two decades ago.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your recruitment team is top tier and far from feeling like headhunters. Your staff make the company warm and welcoming.