Opus Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2019

Found 32 reviews

3.2
Monte Wood

"Solid Company , Staff & Work Product"

Current Employee - Director in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people. I work with talented, supportive people. The company has been and continues to be open to employees ideas, feedback and change. Integrity is part of the organizations core values and our CEO/Leader - leads by example.

Cons

Growing pains that come with acquisitions. Which happens with any company that is growing. Patience and flexibility will lead us to continue success and growth during this time.

Opus Agency2019-07-19

"Exciting Time to be a Part of Opus"

Current Employee - Event Management

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opus is a fast growing company and is uniquely positioned to be an industry leader. The clients and programs are diverse and fascinating and provide amazing opportunity for professional growth and strategic partnership. From a company perspective, Opus maintains it's core value of integrity and you see it woven through many interactions. The team is strong, full of amazing talent and the relationships are key to...

Cons

With any growing company, there are "growing pains". I believe some of the discomfort around change and/or resistance is creating perception of low morale.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower all employees to speak up for what is right and reward/exemplify honest behavior - this will solidify the importance of integrity within the company. Continued conversations that morale starts with each individual while providing opportunities for team members to get to know each other will be important.

Opus Agency2019-07-22

"Opus Cares"

Current Employee - Event Services Coordinator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been with Opus for over 10 years. They are a great company to work for. They take care of their employees. The executive staff is always willing to take the time to hear you. An example of how this company cares for their own is when I was diagnosed with a life threatening condition that required surgery. I didn't have enough PTO to cover my surgery and recuperation. The employees, led by the executive staff, contributed...

Cons

We have been growing rapidly that past few years. With growth, comes growing pains. We each used to know all of the other employees, but that's no longer the case.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping integrity as an integral part of Opus and of our teams.

Opus Agency2019-07-18

"Evolution of Successful Company"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time

Pros

-The people here are top notch, hard working professionals -There's a lot of internal growth opportunities if you seek them

Cons

-The company has definitely changed in the last 18 months and will continue to do so due to additional acquisitions. The culture which had been one of the top selling points is still trying to find it's place with all the change. I believe that will happen, as the core group of individuals are good, kind, caring people.

Advice to Management

-Do the small things that used to be done - summer BBQs, reinstate HOF for 2020, white elephant, etc. These go a long way in building back the culture. -Bump up the 401 match. It's paltry.

Opus Agency2019-07-18

"Great Diversity in Clients"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The diversity in the amount of big name tech clients really allow for an exciting variety in projects I've been able to be a part of

Cons

Shifting management and periods of understaffing lead to consistent after hours over working for weeks to months at a time

Opus Agency2019-05-19

"Great culture? Not so much"

I worked at Opus Agency part-time

Pros

Decent pay, get out early on fridays occasionally, frequent employee store passes

Cons

This was one of the most bizarre companies I've ever worked for. They often boast about the great culture, but you often hear from your coworkers about toxic clients and being overworked. From my personal perspective, the management was very condescending and passive aggressive. I was threatened with my job over something that I had no control over simply because a client was upset. If you like everybody's emails flooding...

Opus Agency2019-05-27

"Former powerhouse now a sinking ship"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Used to be a women run and owned company full of opportunities to grow, lead, and empower others

Cons

Acquired by a company powered by toxic masculinity, chauvinism, profit-hungry sharks who don't care about the people on the ground.

Opus Agency2019-04-26

"Stressful Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

The internship program is an AMAZING learning opportunity that fast tracks growth in the Seattle office, but that's pretty much the only positive.

Cons

Since the Seattle Office was acquired last year, the negatives about working in this office have gotten so much worse. Pay is so low that people have to leave the company to live in the area. Stressful office environment, with a few good people and many negative stressed out people. Immense strain on all levels of the company without appropriate compensation.

Opus Agency2019-04-14

"Careful of "executive""

I have been working at Opus Agency part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not quite sure. Might be great for the client as they promise the world to them.

Cons

One executive made a young girl cry. Staff is terrified of this one "executive." Other managers seem miserable working there. Multiple people trying to micro-manage.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO and COO: Might want to attend one of your events and observe your teams. Not quite sure if this is how you want to operate. Send an "undercover person." I think you will be shocked.

Opus Agency2019-05-10

"Opus is a growing company"

Current Employee - Event Manager

I have been working at Opus Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opus Agency is a fluid large company that is finally making waves in the industry. They hire and recruit top talent. I have always felt supported by my peers, my manager, and my leadership team. I have had very little negative interaction at Opus. I believe in the mission of integrity and success they have outlined.

Cons

Are there bumps in the road as a company grows? Absolutely. It is up to the employee to be open to those changes. More direct communication on mergers and job responsibilities would be beneficial. With so many staff spread across the country and in field offices it can be hard to understand how you fit in the overall picture. There seems to have been a lot of turnover in the past year (probably due to the mergers). It...

Advice to Management

Despite how large or how fast we grow please focus on keeping the positive culture, it is why I joined this company and will be why I stay or go.

Opus Agency2019-02-12