Opus Bank Relationship Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Paul Taylor
  1. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank for more than a year

Pros

Good mentors and decent pay

Cons

Few locations and lacks better software

Opus Bank2019-01-19

"One of the worst companies in banking."

Former Employee - Relationship Banker

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a thing. The pay is decent, but you can find better paying banking jobs without searching that hard.

Cons

Managers lacking any form of accountability should something go awry. Workplace practices are horrible (skeleton staff due to quitting/firing left me and my coworker to work 45 hrs weekly for several months because we could not take breaks or lunches.) Zero training whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with the respect they deserve. Do not say "if you ever need help or have a concern, talk to me" if you won't actually help or listen to any concerns.

Opus Bank2018-10-05

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Banker

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some reviews on here just sound like some unhappy employees but no matter where you go, there will always be pros and cons. It is what you put into it, it is your attitude and how you make things happen for yourself. I love working here. I love my coworkers and the management is super supportive. The internal Support team (IT, helpdesk, systems, operations, and especially our risk analysts) are on top of things and...

Cons

Could extend the small business division again and offer the smaller loans since we are helping businesses "build their masterpiece", we should help them from the ground up not just once they start expanding. The teller and banker system is a bit slow and could use an upgrade but it's not terrible.

Advice to Management

I have noticed that the upper management is really becoming a huge support system. They want to see us all succeed as much as we want to succeed, so thank you. Match more on 401k than 1%.

Opus Bank2016-10-08