Opus Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 7 Oct 2019

2.6
Opus Bank CEO Paul Taylor
Paul Taylor
  1. "Great experience working for Opus Bank!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Business Partner in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Opus Bank so far. I like my team, my manager, and the strides being made to constantly improve.

Cons

No cons yet besides the commute.

Opus Bank2019-09-24

"Great so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people! I have been impressed with the people I have met here. Its also an exciting time to be at Opus Bank as performance has turned around based upon Q4 earnings release. Opus is currently looking for a new CEO which I think is also exciting. Medical benefits are great (UHC) and company subsidy is very good - much better then my last location. I love the location, building, and professional... atmosphere. Opus has big bank energy and excitement, with a small bank feel.

Cons

None so far. Some work spaces are trade desk style (i.e open) which may not appeal to all, but I have heard that is being looked at.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing. While I am new, I know my teammates are excited by the changes being made. Love the town halls that the interim CEO hosts.

Opus Bank2019-02-28

"VP, Banking Center Manager"

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-paced work environment, plenty of room for advancement (if you earn it), excellent pay and bonus structure, very competent and hands-on management team. Expectations are clearly laid out and plenty of coaching/training is available if you take the initiative. Nothing here is handed to you, you need to speak up and ask if you run into obstacles.

Cons

Not necessarily cons, just a very different approach to retail banking. This company is not for everyone. If you appreciate hard work, good pay, balanced home/work life, and an ever-changing environment then this is the place for you. If you prefer a more traditional "order taker" approach to retail banking then you wont be a good fit.

Advice to Management

None. This company is managed the way the board and Sr. management sees fit. Excellent opportunity but again not for everyone.

Opus Bank2017-06-13
  4. "Analyst"

I worked at Opus Bank full-time

Pros

Great environment with lots of opportunity. Compensation. Surrounded by incredibly smart people .

Cons

Not too many that come to mind immediately. Overall enjoyed my experience there.

Advice to Management

Keep growing. I found myself consistently amazed by plans for the future, and was reassured when they came to fruition.

Opus Bank2017-06-13

"Happy"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atmosphere, great people, enjoy my work

Cons

Like any job, no job is perfect

Advice to Management

This is more so to people looking to work at Opus or have. I think it's great. I've had plenty of jobs and nightmare employers. I think it's important to love what you do. We all work for the best interest of the bank. The bank succeeds, so do you. My goal is to see the bank succeed because I take pride in my work and it makes me proud to see positive results. If you're doing a good job, you're recognized. If you... don't, you're recognized. It's just how you want to be recognized and it's either for something negative or positive. I don't have any negative things to say. I love working there and I enjoy working with the Opus team.

Opus Bank2017-05-16
  6. "opus cm managing director"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

great place for good sales people

Cons

High sales goals, highe pressure

Opus Bank2017-02-26

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Banker

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some reviews on here just sound like some unhappy employees but no matter where you go, there will always be pros and cons. It is what you put into it, it is your attitude and how you make things happen for yourself. I love working here. I love my coworkers and the management is super supportive. The internal Support team (IT, helpdesk, systems, operations, and especially our risk analysts) are on top of things... and always there for you. The incentive plan is decent, the pay is good, the benefits are good, and the new direction Opus is taking with their new verticals gives us a great focus. My area manager calls or comes by every single day to help support us in any way he can and I never feel like I'm on my own. Some people need to be more thankful instead of always looking at the negative.

Cons

Could extend the small business division again and offer the smaller loans since we are helping businesses "build their masterpiece", we should help them from the ground up not just once they start expanding. The teller and banker system is a bit slow and could use an upgrade but it's not terrible.

Advice to Management

I have noticed that the upper management is really becoming a huge support system. They want to see us all succeed as much as we want to succeed, so thank you. Match more on 401k than 1%.

Opus Bank2016-10-08

"Banking Center Manager"

Banking Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a place where if you work hard, embrace the culture and get over your own concept of what traditional banking should be you will love it. The people that do not like working here are those that refuse to adapt or accept that the banking industry is changing. Pay is excellent and promotional opportunities present often for those who earn them! Traditional tellers should stay away. If you can't or don't want... to sell please go to a 'competitor'. We have all worked too hard to bring people on who cannot or will not work to embrace the culture. Work and be rewarded. I've been promoted twice. The head of retail called me on a Sunday to thank me for my contribution and award me a sizable raise. The retail bank is evolving into something great. It's just not what you're used to.

Cons

The computer system isn't great. We need better training. Communication could improve. Everyone needs to understand why we do what we do.

Advice to Management

Focus on those that get it. Forget those that do not. This is a great company for the right people. Get more people on board that are on the boat. Get the ones who are not off.

Opus Bank2016-09-17

"Opus"

Sharepoint Developer in Everett, WA

I worked at Opus Bank for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, great place to work

Cons

Really had no Cons as everyone was nice to work for and worked with you in emergency to give you time off

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Opus Bank2016-08-19
  10. "Rockstar ride"

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

entrepenerial, fast moving, exciting an driven

Cons

fast moving, fast growing, test of endurance...

Opus Bank2016-07-21