Opus Bank "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor

Opus Bank Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Jun 29, 2019

Found 106 reviews

2.5
Paul Taylor
Pros
  • "Atmosphere, great people, enjoy my work(in 6 reviews)

• "This is a fast paced environment with considerable opportunity for advancement(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management lacks leadership skills therefore fails to develop employees(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't seem concerned with employees well-being, or if they are mid management doesn't care(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"VP, Banking Center Manager"

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-paced work environment, plenty of room for advancement (if you earn it), excellent pay and bonus structure, very competent and hands-on management team. Expectations are clearly laid out and plenty of coaching/training is available if you take the initiative. Nothing here is handed to you, you need to speak up and ask if you run into obstacles.

Cons

Not necessarily cons, just a very different approach to retail banking. This company is not for everyone. If you appreciate hard work, good pay, balanced home/work life, and an ever-changing environment then this is the place for you. If you prefer a more traditional "order taker" approach to retail banking then you wont be a good fit.

Advice to Management

None. This company is managed the way the board and Sr. management sees fit. Excellent opportunity but again not for everyone.

Opus Bank2017-06-13

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time

Pros

This is a fast paced environment with considerable opportunity for advancement. The leadership team is open to new ideas and better ways of doing business. I would highly recommend looking at Opus bank if you are in the market.

Cons

Opus is only in 4 states currently and I would like to see them grow to a lager footprint. I think the pay is competitive, but would like to see a more robust retirement plan.

Opus Bank2016-04-18

"Vice President"

I worked at Opus Bank full-time

Pros

Fast growing, fast paced company

Cons

Everything comes from the top of the company, CEO's respect for his employees can be questioned.

Advice to Management

Show a bit more appreciation for your employees, its not 2008, people have other options.

Opus Bank2015-10-15