Opus Bank "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Opus Bank Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 29, 2019

Found 106 reviews

2.5
Paul Taylor
Pros
  • "Atmosphere, great people, enjoy my work(in 6 reviews)

• "This is a fast paced environment with considerable opportunity for advancement(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management lacks leadership skills therefore fails to develop employees(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't seem concerned with employees well-being, or if they are mid management doesn't care(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Great so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people! I have been impressed with the people I have met here. Its also an exciting time to be at Opus Bank as performance has turned around based upon Q4 earnings release. Opus is currently looking for a new CEO which I think is also exciting. Medical benefits are great (UHC) and company subsidy is very good - much better then my last location. I love the location, building, and professional atmosphere....

Cons

None so far. Some work spaces are trade desk style (i.e open) which may not appeal to all, but I have heard that is being looked at.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing. While I am new, I know my teammates are excited by the changes being made. Love the town halls that the interim CEO hosts.

Opus Bank2019-02-28

"Happy"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atmosphere, great people, enjoy my work

Cons

Like any job, no job is perfect

Advice to Management

This is more so to people looking to work at Opus or have. I think it's great. I've had plenty of jobs and nightmare employers. I think it's important to love what you do. We all work for the best interest of the bank. The bank succeeds, so do you. My goal is to see the bank succeed because I take pride in my work and it makes me proud to see positive results. If you're doing a good job, you're recognized. If you don't,...

Opus Bank2017-05-16

"Credit Analyst"

Former Employee - Credit Analyst I in Irvine, CA

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay. There were great people in other departments I wish I couldve learned from. There were some experienced bankers who knew their stuff.

Cons

Micromanager and inefficient process in my department led to high turnover. I didnt like the culture. I'm glad I'm gone. Expensive insurance. No paid volunteer hours even though they stress community involvement. A lot more, but don't want to waste any more time talking about this company.

Advice to Management

Don't try to grow too fast without showing your team members some appreciation from time to time. Especially in the credit analysis department. They have to deal with a lot.

Opus Bank2017-01-06
  4. "Utilize your past banking or sales experience to strenghten a new and upcoming bank."

Former Employee - Senior Client Experience Professional in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The old fashioned way of banking at Opus is a breath of fresh air conpaired to other rigid retail banks. The pay tends to be higher, and comission sales are offered as well. Great people from many other financial institutions gather at Opus.

Cons

The customer is always right, even when they are wrong they are right. The computer system is archaic and tough to navagate, even for experienced bankers.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, you paid good money onboarding them just to let them go on the smallest issue.

Opus Bank2016-05-20

"Liked my employees"

I have been working at Opus Bank full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with and great clients.

Cons

CEO does not care about his employees. 2 quarters in a row he didn't pay out bonuses after earned. He makes the managers co-manage 2 offices with no extra pay. Goals are unachievable!

Advice to Management

Employees come first and are the reason the Bank is so successful.

Opus Bank2016-01-10
  6. "Great Environment, Great People"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Opus Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, freedom in performing work, exciting work assignments, but above all, great people to work with, at least in my department. I was part of the IT group in Fullerton, CA and was fortunate to work with people I had worked with before at a different company. Good team work and fun environment.

Cons

None I can think of.

Opus Bank2014-05-27