FilterHardware Developer II
I have been working at Oracle (More than 8 years)
very stable company to work and new technologies
low salary. no raises or bonuses and no push to go to next level
Advice to Management
work hard and manage well
Great work life balance. No pressure.
No career growth. Bad benefit.
I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)
- Work From Home (WFH) is nice. Everybody in my group works from home on average once a week
- SPARC is an awesome architecture. Other products are equally innovative/complex
- No layoffs
- Good perks: free sodas, coffee, pool tables, ping pong tables in some buildings
- Not challenging enough. Company hires tons of NCGs so work is spread out, meaning that as an experienced engineer you dont do much. I guess this is a pro if you have a family or like time off.
- No bonuses. Again, company focuses on hiring NCGs rather than giving raises.
- Hard to move within the company. Jobs with more impact potential are usually taken by ppl with 10-15 yrs of experience. Not necessarily true in other big companies Ive worked for
- Company is overwhelmingly biased towards hiring from one particular race (maybe cause most managers are from that race too?), at least in Santa Clara. This is a problem because there is a language barrier, most don't have good communication skills and know 60% english, at best. I always wondered how some of these engineers got through the interview process. Its shocking. I wouldnt be surprised if the interviews themselves were carried in their language. I am all about hiring ppl from any race (im monirity as well), but please make sure they know english and can communicate.
Advice to Management
- Hire people based on merit, and communication skills. Managers tent to hire engineers of their own race.
- Too much hiring of unexperienced engineers.
- Provide more group/company wide social events
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?