Oracle Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Enterprise Applications Sales Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Applications Sales Manager in Reston, VA

Pros

There's an incredible amount of resources and talent available to help one be successful here. The culture is surprisingly team oriented, with everyone being extremely willing to help one another - even sales people. The value of the brand makes customers want to know more.

Cons

Self-service is their motto when it comes to getting started, Some of this is great, but when help is needed, it's not so easy to find. Lots of processes. Hard to navigate processes.

Advice to Management

Assign a mentor when someone starts to help walk them through what success looks like in your first 90 days.

Oracle Response

Aug 9, 2016 – Head of Global Recruitment Branding

We love the idea of assigning a mentor. We have shared this with our Onboarding team for future implementation. We agree that the self-service environment, can be challenging to navigate so we are ... More

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Advice to Management

Relax on the multi-million dollar VP salaries and bonuses for a few years so that you can reinvest in your employees. It's obscene how a company will not try to retain it's employees who play the most pivotal part in bringing in the money that you horde from them.

3. "Good company"

I worked at Oracle full-time

Pros

Work life balance, pay, quality of work

Cons

growth, visibility, compensation, benefits, timings

5. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Curriculum Development in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Curriculum Development in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Acquired companies integrate well, competitive salaries, great benefits. Good networking opportunities and collaboration. Flexible work environment and strong sense of a work family.

Cons

Sometimes hard to break through old processes. Lots of processes done the old way and hard to break down walls.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to change how things are done, listen to and allow new ideas.

6. "The best-worst job you'll ever have"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great correlation to level of effort to earnings

Cons

Many disruptive changes year over year

Advice to Management

Cut the fat, reward your top performers, treat your sales people fairly and consistently

7. "Principle IT consultant"

Current Employee - IT Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - IT Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close to home, Challenging

Cons

NO Raises
    NO bonus
    No physical contact with team

8. "FP&A Intern"

Former Intern - FP&A Intern in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Intern - FP&A Intern in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent two years as an intern with Oracle, once at HQ in Redwood Shores and once in San Jose. Oracle's intern program allowed students to engage in life of a financial analyst of a large corporation. My team members were always willing to reexplain concepts or demonstrate knowledge without any hesitation or burden. Great place to intern!

Cons

The commute to San Jose from Belmont wasn't as easy as the commute to Redwood Shores.

"It all depends on the org you're in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything depends on what org you're in, and what city you're in. My org, we were part of an acquired company so the people are great, the legacy management is still fighting for us. But there is only so much they can do. We've got free drinks in the kitchen. Access to a lot of training materials if you can make sense of the system to find what you want. Great benefits.

Cons

NO RAISES, promotions without a pay increase, you need a team to fight for office outings and parties and fun if that's something you want. It's a self-serve tech company, so they expect you to solve your computer issues first, before calling IT, be prepared to struggle with getting your Outlook issues solved by reading an outdated internal web page, or by googling your issue on your own.

Advice to Management

If you give people a promotion, give them more money. If you can't give your people more money, find another way to compensate them so that you don't lose them. And don't sit in meetings and on conference calls saying your people are #1 and they come first and they are the heart of your business when you're not giving anyone a raise.

10. "50/50"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, networking, time to meet great people

Cons

Too political, limited progress (hire too many lower roles, with limited higher roles)

Advice to Management

Get to know your team; it can be the difference between meeting your goal, or not.

11. "Nice place to work at."

Pros

Beautiful views, nice team member.

Cons

Cafe is awful and expensive.

Showing 4,647 of 13,613 reviews