Oracle Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

16,991 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Depend on your project but on a live project work life balance is really an issue (in 301 reviews)

• no hikes , managers don't bother about growth (in 424 reviews)

1. "Field support Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A big well known company

Cons

The future of SPARC business is unclear.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Good work life balance"

Current Employee - Staff Consultant
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is awesome

Cons

growth prospective is limited

Advice to Management

nothing

3. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People. Autonomy. Relaxed Culture.

Cons

No clear path. Inside role becomes tiresome. Only way to advance is by leaving and coming back with more experience.

Advice to Management

Promote producers and take chances on young talent rather than losing them. Stop putting years experience on promotions. Producers will always produce.

4. "Oracle is a great company"

Pros

This is an amazing place to work at.

Cons

Some employees can be rude.

"Oracle Direct Regional Manager (Real Sales)"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. For those that can figure out how to "manipulate" the inflexible Oracle systems, you can make a lot of money if you have the right territory or territories.
    2. For those that want to be lazy and collect a paycheck, come on in! The water's great. Easy place just to sit and never be fired. Suckers like me will take pity on you and help you through whatever you need because that's the way I am.
    3. For those that love change, come aboard! The plan and strategy (lack thereof) changes every 3-6-9 months, leaving everyone trying to clean up and ride out what was approved only to have everything turned upside down.
    4. If you did want to stay at Oracle and not for #1, there are potential opportunities outside of sales however, you will need attainment and awesome networking. You are just a number here, so thinking that you can apply internally and get preference is a horrible lie.

Cons

I've never worked at a Sales oriented company where I've had to fight with so many departments to get a deal done, only to then have provisioning screw everything up. I spend more than half my work day helping my reps fix Oracle created internal problems so the customers can actually receive the service they want or are paying for. Its embarrassing to win a sales cycle only to have Oracle screw it up so badly (internally) that the customer questions why they're going to trust their mission critical enterprise application to a company who can't get a technical question or something else answered in a week?

Secondly, from an operations standpoint, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS need better resources. Asking a customer to wait 4-6 weeks after the customer buys to receive their environment, is unacceptable. Other Cloud Providers I've worked for do it in minutes if not hours. To add insult to injury, then provisioning screws up the order and when they're questioned, you get some snarky answer of: "These are complex deals". Clearly something is broken. If they're overworked, why should the customer suffer because Oracle can't hire people fast enough? Or, as its commonly known throughout the Sales Org, there are bugs in our provisioning software that do not get resolved in a timely manner. I'm not referring to a couple of weeks but rather months. This is months of this negatively impacting the customer.

Advice to Management

Oracle's a dinosaur in the industry and every IT Professional and IT buyer knows that. Rather than just buying your competition, which is unlikely with Amazon, Workday and Salesforce taking market share so quickly in applications, why doesn't Oracle actually think about treating customers nicely and being flexible? The #1 reason I hear from Enterprise Organizations (Fortune 100-500 Companies) about why they choose our competitors over Oracle is because "they're not Oracle" or "We hate doing business with Oracle". There is a systemic problem and hiding or sweeping this problem under the rug is not helping. We have the best product, I know that and our customers know that but its capitalism at its finest, now there are similar options, customers will spend their money elsewhere just to not deal with Oracle.

Renewal attrition rate on the applications side of the business is 59% and we don't have enough new customers joining us to make this a sustainable business three years from now.

ARE YOU LISTENING? WE ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS FASTER THAN WINNING THEM! Genuinely listen to customers. Leave your ego at home for the moment and for the sake of the business, take their advice and implement it at Oracle. Give sales the support they need because from what I see, the attrition rate is just going to continue to rise.

6. "Marketing Cloud Sales"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Remote working, best product in the industry

Cons

no accountability surrounding your role, no one wants to help each other, often you're stuck without what you need to do your job

Advice to Management

Care

7. "Beware Acquisitions"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large organization with lots of other areas to work in. Lots of horizontal movement possibilities.

Cons

Very little advancement or promotion opportunities, and salary that did not improve with effort or achievement. No bonuses or pay increases for the two and a half years worked there. Responsibilities regularly increase without an increase in pay or compensation.

Advice to Management

Consider evaluating job descriptions comparative to actual performed duties, and evaluate salaries based on this. Continuous increasing of responsibilities without increasing compensation or benefits dissuades productivity and encourages frustration and negativity. Also, consider training middle-management better.

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

flexible work hours, remote work

Cons

low pay benefits and compensation

Advice to Management

low pay/benefits/compensation. Career growth not possible.

9. "Some good, some bad"

I worked at Oracle full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, some wonderful coworkers.

Cons

Never ending drudgery of status updates and time tracking. Going into the office felt like my soul was being sucked out of my body. Raises are pitiful if you're lucky enough to get one (because managers are not allowed to give raises to the entire team). I was part of the annual layoff despite being a high performer. Oracle doesn't bother trying to fit you in with other teams, but after laying you off they'll send you a letter identifying job openings. If you get rehired, you have to give back your severance.

10. "Sales Executive"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance and great people to work with.

Cons

No consistent direction. No investment in the platform. Oracle sells the best marketing automation and lead development platform on the market but doesn't leverage it effectively themselves to help their sales people.

Showing 16,991 of 17,363 reviews