Oracle Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Oracle CEO's Safra A. Catz & Mark Hurd
Safra A. Catz & Mark Hurd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You're compensated with the flexibility between personal/work life balance for that anyway (in 288 reviews)

• no hikes , managers don't bother about growth (in 394 reviews)

1. "Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment. Work from home options

Cons

Oracle doesn't promote within. No annual raise

2. "Beauracracy + Empty Promises = Oracle Life"

Former Employee - Configuration Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Configuration Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable income and health benefits.

Cons

1. Promises will be made and the carrot will be dangled, however you will be just another number in a large cesspool of small thinkers and a herd of sheep with no personality and the culture that makes people depressive and dull.
    2. If you are a logical thinker then prepare for that logic to be squelched by upper management’s egos. If your great ideas, ambition and talent is too bright...you will offend a higher up that will be threatened and will attempt to marginalize your career.
    3. Office drama, lack of leadership and closed doors with archaic management style will be enough to make you wonder how such a company can label themselves a “tech company”?
    4. You will be surrounded by robots who swallow orders and don’t think for themselves. Be prepared to deal with a “herd mentality” way of thinking. Drinking the kool-aid at Oracle for a lower income than market value is rampant company-wide.
    5. You will be surrounded by sycophants who are too afraid to go off on their own or stick to their backbone. They are easily hushed and marginalized because they worship their paycheck over their own dignity.

Advice to Management

If you want respect, show it. If you want respect, be leaders not arrogant , small-minded bosses who keep their doors closed and bait and switch promotions or transfers. Also make sure you actually let go a director of the company when he when he breaks into an employees computer, sends off an email and then denies it while making other employees look guilty. True story, happened to me and unfortunately because this person was a “director”, they got a slap on the hand when lower level employees were threatened with their jobs. Sad, management in the Rocklin office for CPQ.

3. "Real Estate Analyst"

Current Employee - International Project Coordinator in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - International Project Coordinator in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, positive work environment, stable company, growing company, Safra Catz, challenging work.

Cons

I honestly have found no real cons in my 3 years with the company. I am happy at Oracle and have met and work with some wonderful people.

4. "Interesting journey but glad it's over..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Oracle (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, excellent opportunities to learn new skills. I've met Oracle staff from the headquarters who appeared far more professional and were very different from the folks at the Rocklin Campus, who seem to be stuck in the dark ages, very racist and narrow-minded.

Cons

I was warned that Oracle had massive problems with ignorant and unskilled managers.I wanted to be fair until I encountered one that on top of her ignorance was also a pathological liar.

Advice to Management

Train managers to be ethical and practice cultural and ethnic sensitivity. Further, recognize that HOW an employee MANAGES AND RESOLVES problems is key. There will always be mistakes and problems. When an employee makes minimal mistakes and resolves them in a consistent and in a timely fashion they should be applauded.

5. "horrible culture and work ethic"

I worked at Oracle full-time

Pros

large company with offices throughout the U.S.

Cons

team dynamic was horrible. management was not supportive. team members were all not happy

Advice to Management

boost team morale and listen to employees

6. "Good experience working in multiple managers globally."

Current Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and opportunities in many different locations.

Decent salary with average benefits.

Cons

Internal growth can be a challenge and there is virtually no training program. Work can be isolated.

7. "No pay raises"

Current Employee - California in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - California in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice to have a big name company on the resume.

Cons

No incentive to move up in the company since there's minimal pay increase for a new position.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and embrace newer sales philosophy.

"General Review"

Current Employee - Sales Compensation Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Compensation Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Some awesome managers. You can get the chance to work with people all over the world and travel.

Cons

Promotions and Bonuses are almost non existent. If you do have a chance to receive one it is very unclear what managers are looking for to receive one. If you want to have a career at oracle make sure you get hired on in a position as high as possible or you will get stuck at your pay until you either switch to another org or leave the company.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make it more clear what it takes to receive a promotion. It feels like blackmail is the way they hand them out and hard work means nothing. Also Office Politics are important and management says they "stay out of the drama" but I have seen first hand they using the tattle tales and rumor starters for their entertainment and give raises to those people. I have had some amazing managers who were always honest with me and those are the people that I learned the most from but the managers who lie and get involved in the drama make coming to work miserable.

"High level of teamwork and camaraderie, raises come very slowly"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and management at Oracle are supportive and have a great appreciation for collaboration and cross-training. Initiative is granted the ability to contribute to the organization, and everyone is appreciative of those who go above and beyond. Friendships are common in the office, and in fact they are often a great source of networking for new positions within the company.

Cons

While Oracle has a fantastic history of positive quarterly results as a company, management is not often given an opportunity to reward good performance with raises and promotions. They come slowly, and often times an experienced employee with much knowledge of the job will make less than a new hire, for the very same position.

Advice to Management

Reward the experience and commitment within your organization with at least the same (higher) pay that would be given to a new hire. Help your managers to engage their employees with the career development tools and opportunities already available within the company. Guide employees to new opportunities that are aligned to the corporate initiatives.

10. "Great flexibility"

Current Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the flexibility to work from home. Benefits are good with reasonable costs. 401K matching, 18 days paid vacation, and 10 days of holiday pay.

Cons

Stagnate salaries. No bonus structure for back-office employees.

Showing 53 of 16,381 reviews