Oracle Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

San Francisco, CA Area

1,325 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Enterprise Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only positive about Oracle is the name...that's literally it. Sounds great, looks great on resume but it is the biggest facade. If you get lucky with accounts and are an on-premises sales rep, you might make some money pushing through obligatory sales, but not by driving value, working hard or doing the right thing.

Cons

The absolute worst company to work for...period. If you are interested in learning, growing professionally or making money, do not work here. If you just want the facade of the Oracle name on your resume, then work here and leave after a few years - if you can make it -the average tenure is 11 months. Most reps start at 50k base which is a joke. Directors and managers couldn't care less about the sales reps they oversee as far as professional development or providing any direction - there is no clear path to success or promotion. The KPI for success is to try to get a field rep or VP willing to share revenue on a deal they only achieved through the "buddy wink wink, shake hands behind closed doors" archaic sales model - who you know not what you do. When I started over a year and a half ago and was negotiating salary the manager responded with "this is Oracle. Figure it out. We don't need to pay high salaries or invest in our employees. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. We'll find ten other reps willing to fill your shoes". They don't even pay employees on time!!! I've been waiting over a year to receive a sales commission and still haven't received!!!! Not to mention in the middle of the fiscal year when I was about to close a deal, I received an email stating my comp plan is being adjusted and I have to sign it or I will not be employed or compensated (which is illegal and yes, they lowered the % of comp and on a side note, they are getting sued for this (amongst other matters) by hundreds of employees but have a full team of lawyers ready to delay delay delay the process in hopes people will just give up). Shocked how shady, slimy, devious and just shameless this company is as a whole. Last week they gave an award to an employee who was on leave for the entire quarter but on paper, they miraculously hit their number...that person wasn't even in the office or working! The manager pushed the customers orders through to help his/her own personal number, which shows how insignificant the sales reps role was - it was a "sale" but the customer had to buy because oracle forced the customers hand, riding the wave of Oracles previous stronghold on the database landscape. Good luck in the cloud!!! The Oracle name still carries weight though and has a good appearance to those on the outside. But what a fantastic facade they've pulled off. Kudos to their PR team and Oracle arena. Get candidates in there straight out of college, when they are young, naive, and have no basis for comparison. Work them to death so they leave on their own, don't pay them, then just hire more and more reps the next year to take their spots. They can't hire fast enough to keep up with their attrition! I obviously could write even more about the shady inner workings of this horrible excuse for a company but please just do your diligence - just ask current/former reps what their experience has been and I would bet my measly salary you will hear the same discontent. Nobody wants to share this though because if word really got out about the truth behind the flagship name, then it would threaten the one thing Oracle has going for it - the name/credibility on the resume when applying for jobs to get out.

Advice to Management

Pretend you care. Stop treating the sales team like they are glorified BDC's. Actually do something about the terrible culture and Larry's apathetic, arrogant attitude because it's going to catch up with you soon. Its only a matter of time that the reputation oracle built 20 years ago will run out and you will actually have to start caring about your employees. Stop ONLY looking after number 1 and start doing your job.

"great place to start as an intern"

Current Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Tax Intern in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

perfect place if you really a self-learner. you have to be curious and passionate about knowing

Cons

you'll never know who's working on what project.... at least that's how it is in tax department.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The teams are well versed in marketing needs for a global company. Very fast paced and exiting environment. Would recommend company to future prospects.

Cons

Many teams are flex working teams. This is very convinient for those that would prefer to work from home but some find it detrimental to productivity. The salary is also not amazing

Advice to Management

Give more feedback to your employees and stop outsourcing all our jobs overseas. There also needs to be more opportunities for internal training.

4. "Service Delivery Manager"

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to be for learning.. Very Flexible

Cons

There is nothing , I could find Cons..

5. "Worst to join"

Current Employee - Applications Developer II in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer II in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance.job security is there.

Cons

no new technology implementation, no planning of work.
    employee's growth never considered.Less hike

"Principal Cloud Architect"

Former Employee - Principal Cloud Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Cloud Architect in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly innovative
    High degree of customer service
    Takes care of its employees

Cons

Did not read the tea leaves that cloud technology will be widely adopted

Advice to Management

Value employee development

7. "Regional Director - Middle East & Africa"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oracle provides its employees with good salary, work environment and growth options

Cons

Oracle doesn't hikes salaries of employees regularly and also the business model keeps changing frequently

8. "IT Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - IT Senior Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - IT Senior Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get access to powerful systems. It's fairly easy to get approval to make purchases from vendors. Vendors give you lots of attention. Health plan is fairly good. You can work from home in some departments. Stable company.

Cons

There is usually no money for raises. Getting promoted does not come with a raise. After you've been there a few years, your pay is terrible, no matter your performance. The management of the different IT organizations do not get along or cooperate well. While training is encouraged, there isn't enough time for it. There are often too many meetings. Management, especially, is so buried in meetings that they have little time to work with their teams. Ineffective use of project management tools (Spreadsheet and word processor documents in e-mail? Really?)

Advice to Management

Pay us better. Listen to us, then tell us what changed because you listened.

9. "Land of opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Channel Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Channel Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing company to be part of , boost your career stats. should be part of once in lifetime. all great , Larry fab Leader

Cons

do not join linux team , rest all great

Advice to Management

none

10. "Software programmer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Normal working hours, not encouraging to work over the weekend.

Cons

Don't expect too much on raise.

Showing 1,325 of 15,351 reviews