Oracle "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Oracle Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 7 Dec 2019

3.5
Oracle CEO Safra A. Catz
Safra A. Catz
Pros
Cons
  • "no hikes in sAlary even if you keep on trying hard(in 706 reviews)

• "No guaranties for salary increase each year(in 500 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company, Great People, Lots of Opportunities to Learn!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always so much to learn about cutting edge technology, Easy to transfer to new roles within the Company, people are honest, caring and communicate well, lots of work from home options

Cons

Once you are hired, pay raises are very small, takes a while to get into management (lots of competition at the higher levels)

Advice to Management

none

Oracle2019-09-26

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the... breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New... employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Advice to Management

Relax on the multi-million dollar VP salaries and bonuses for a few years so that you can reinvest in your employees. It's obscene how a company will not try to retain it's employees who play the most pivotal part in bringing in the money that you horde from them.

Oracle2014-10-21
  3. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

excellent work life balance. Liberal work from home policy

Cons

compensation is below industry standard

Oracle2019-11-05
  4. "Great Benefits hard to move internally"

Current Employee - Renewal Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are fantastic, 401k match, stock purchase, tons of choice with medical options, pet insurance, work from home, flexible scheduling.

Cons

It is extremely hard to move within the company without starting from the bottom of a new/different line of business.

Oracle2019-10-21

"A flexible job"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Manager

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, 100% work from home, smart co-workers, schedule autonomy

Cons

Lots of red tape, many external IBM hires that didn't understand the Oracle way of doing things, hard to increase base pay/earn a promotion in the marketing team

Oracle2019-10-16
  6. "limited career growth"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, ability to work from home, technology leader,

Cons

No pay raises-ever, no advancement to management, frequent layoffs, constant change in job duties, too many Clint’s to manage effectively, management has no idea of what you do, culture has changed dramatically over years, they want new people out of college rather than keep senior people

Advice to Management

Create careers for people who want to go into management roles, change to cover mistakes in vision is not good

Oracle2019-10-17
  7. "No raises or promotions in YEARS"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Oracle support renewals / customer success has been in a downward spiral for years. They have not given raises in over 5 years and have laid off 30% of the organization as they 'restructured' to a digital renewal center. People are leaving left and right for positions with Cisco, Google, Workday and other companies that actually fairly pay their employees. It has been a very hard thing to observe considering it... used to be a great place to work. ESPP is only a 5% discount as well.

Advice to Management

Return to the basics. Pay employees fairly. The disproportion of salaries of people in the same job role can be $100K difference. Give annual raises. Give us a 15% discount on ESPP.

Oracle2019-11-07
  8. "No Raises"

Current Employee - Busineess Analyst

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule

Cons

No raises, micromanagement, tough to advance if you're not in Bucharest.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, give your employees raises

Oracle2019-09-24

"Great company to work for if your boss is not a micro manager"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits, coworkers, career development and great Cloud Software experience. The ability to work from home adds to your quality of life.

Cons

No raises unless you leave and come back. Bonus program needs to be simplified.

Advice to Management

Give raises to your Best people if you want to retain them and grow your overall revenues. Simplify the Bonus program attainment rules.

Oracle2019-09-03

"Not Employee-Friendly"

Former Employee - Consulting Director in Belmont, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Oracle is a stable company. Many refined processes that mostly work. They are quick to pay expenses and the employees are great people. Work-from-home is widely acceptable. Benefits are good. I enjoyed what I did and the people I worked with so I stayed until a reduction in force push me and many other experienced people out. It happens.

Cons

Oracle is not an employee-friendly company. It is very clear that the company is in business for the major stockholders. They have many rules and strict policies that employees most follow. Creativity and outspokenness is not rewarded. Bonuses were not paid for a few years (it may have changed), pay increases were minimal and far between. Promotions were difficult to get approved. Generally, the priorities are... Oracle first, then customers, then employees.

Advice to Management

Learn from companies that truly value employees and their customers.

Oracle2019-09-18