Orange County SEO Reviews | Glassdoor

Jason Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Orange County SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every single employee gives it their all whether they are in Sales, Operations, SEO, ORM, PPC, or even Social Media. The benefits are amazing; the co-working space is even better! Without support from the team, an employee is nothing. Luckily, OCSEO has everything that you need to thrive, prosper, and succeed.

Cons

The work can seem daunting at first, but those who truly have a positive mindset will prosper.

Advice to Management

The overall infrastructure of management has its flaws. What company doesn't? This is where the root of all problems stem from. With this company, a bit of restructuring is necessary. It is on the horizon.

"This is the WORST company out there - stay away at all costs"

I worked at Orange County SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location of the office and pretty view.

Cons

This is literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They steal their customers money by making promises of services that they say they will deliver and do not. Everything on their website is exactly what you are not going to get.. This company needs to be shut down by the feds.

Advice to Management

go into rehab, get a real job and don't ever consider going into business again. You have no business being a business owner.

"Fake Reviews"

I worked at Orange County SEO full-time

Pros

Nothing. This business needs to be shut down.

Cons

Do not trust this company. They are writing their own fake reviews on every social media site.

"Negative Work Environment"

I worked at Orange County SEO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can basically create your own schedule.

Cons

Completely unorganized SEO process. No clear communication from upper management. You are expected to handle 70+ accounts. Work is consistently backlogged as the overseas team the CEO hired fails to follow basic implementation instructions. Thus no work is done for days, weeks even months. You are expected to say anything and everything including offering free SEO services to save an account.

Sales team are like snake oil salesmen setting unrealistic expectations with their "guarantees" Clients are constantly calling angry and cancelling their services, so expect to be yelled at by clients on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Get a better CEO and produce a legitimate and honest business practices.

"Bad, Unethical Business - Don't Work Here!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Orange County SEO full-time

Pros

There are no pros to write about this company.

Cons

Company lies to clients by providing FABRICATED SEO reports and spamming their sites with blackhat links. All work is done by an overseas team that is paid really low wages. Company paints picture of a growing company with these FAKE 5 star reviews!

Employee turnover is constant due to the fact that they realize the unethical business practices done by the company! CEO of company is non-existent and will only through employees under the bus in front of clients.

Do not work here!! As clients are constantly calling angry from the clear bait and switch by the sales team!

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews and stealing clients money! AND STOP FLAGGING REAL REVIEWS

"Stay far far away"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - SEO Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Got to learn a lot about different markets and learn different niches. Had some cool co workers and some fun memories.

Cons

What a mess. Sales people would lie and say anything to make a sale even if it was not part of the deliverables. Sales team did not know the website or what changes could be made. Web dev had a huge back log or websites needing to be completed. Clients would wait 4 to 12 months for a website to be completed. Owner treats his employees poorly. He shows up in the afternoon if he even bothers to show up at all. Once he is done with ever "work" he is doing, he then harasses you and points out your short comings and berate you about something little. The FB ads have employees that have not worked at the company in over a year. High turn over because you will be over worked. Plan on having 80+ clients to work on each month. Clients keep canceling because we are too busy with the new clients to work on existing. Its total churn and burn with clients. The clients are now revolting and posting negative reviews on the G+ page. Owner fixes it by posting fake 4 and 5 star reviews. The former clients have caught on that too. The 6 month guarantee is a shame. None of the deliverables are followed up on and the client has to fulfill their end of the deal or not quality for the money back deal. Clients are offered free months to skirt the 6 month guarantee. Clients call in angry and upset and the office manager ignores them.

Advice to Management

Nothing that has not be stated over and over again. Its time to shut down the company since you won't listen to your employees or clients.

"Awesome Place To Work"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Orange County SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional. Honest. Opportunities abound. Smart. Driven. Passionate. People who care about both their colleagues AND their clients. What more can I say? I am going to miss the Entire Team at Swell Marketing!

Cons

Only 1 con: due to Orange County SEO's explosive growth, in the next couple years they will surely outgrow the stellar offices that overlook Huntington Harbor :(

Advice to Management

Stay The Course and Keep Pushing The Limits

"Happy Working For OCSEO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Who could say no to an offer to work at the largest most prestigious international SEO firm?

Attracting some of the most skillful, polished and humorous talent anywhere in the world each team member is hand picked.

To work for this impressively accomplished company is a privilege and an opportunity of one's professional career.

Did I tell you about the bar-b-ques and Holiday parties?

And renting a gondola for your lunch break? Yeeesss!!

Keywords:
    Vision
    Powerful Potent Minds
    Mentally Stimulating
    Animated Appreciative Clients (never a dull moment)
    Considerate

If I were you I would do all I could so I would be considered for a position with this progressively dynamic firm.

Cons

One of the downsides for me is that there are not enough free pizza and bagel days.
    Another major downside for me is that there aren't enough shopping gift certificates given out for contest winnings. And so I would say that there aren't enough contests.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't dream of advising a winner. I will say that I am grateful that the management are generously vitalizing role models.

"Fast Pace Work Environment"

Current Employee - Administration in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Orange County SEO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is a fast fast work environment that offers great benefits. I have been working here for over 2 years now. They offer great paid vacation as well as sick days. If you are really looking for a place to challenge yourself and grow as a person then this is the place for you. The owner of the company goes out of his way to make sure every employee is taken care of. This is a growing company that has grown over 50% throughout the year.

Cons

Like I had said this is a growing and fast work place, if you aren't willing to challenge yourself then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great leadership and taking care of your employees.

"I love this job!"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Great location, great casual environment wonderful people to work with. , I love the team approach environment and that everyone really cares about their work and what is best for the client. Kind and generous upper management.

Cons

Well, if you don't like staring at the beautiful scenery and the harbor all day, that would be it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Stay innovative.