KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

87% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 23 of over 26 reviews

4.4
Orange Logic* Founder / CEO Karl Facredyn (no image)
Karl Facredyn

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "It’s also nice to work with talented and efficient people, it allows projects to go faster and it avoids frustrations.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Pay was good and benefits were standard.(in 3 reviews)
  • "High salary(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

OrangeLogic never ceases to amaze me!

Mar 29, 2022 - Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I left a review a few years ago and while my role has changed, my thoughts on the company has not. I'm still a firm believer that OL has one of, if not, the best DAM solution on the market today. As a Sales Engineer, I get to demo the product to potential clients and as someone who has used a ton of DAMs in the past, Cortex is a joy to use. As far as the company culture/direction goes, it has changed quite a bit since my last review and it's all for the better. The CEO has a clear vision and goal they're trying to achieve and it's fun seeing those changes being implemented, both in the company and in the product. That said, you do have to be on top of you game and there's definitely no time to slack off. At the end of the day. it's so refreshing to work at a company where everyone is not only "sharp as a tack" but also highly engaged in making Cortex the best it can be.

Cons

At least for me and my team, the workload can be quite high at times, but I that comes with the territory as we continue to grow.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Doing work that matters

May 17, 2021 - Senior Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

No loafers - everyone is engaged in his/her work. The work matters - Interact with just one customer and you can easily see how important this is to them. We get to support all kinds of organizations around the world, and Cortex helps them achieve their missions. Excellent product - very solid foundation, highly configurable to meet very specific workflow needs, pleasing interface for end users, and company reps that advocate strongly for customers. Agile and effective - we work from home offices around the world, not just our main office buildings, and we cover all time zones.

Cons

The only con would be if you are hyper-literal, and require a recipe for everything. At Orange Logic, we need to stay adaptive and agile - those that struggle unless each step is specifically spelled out all the time will not thrive here.

8 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great Software and Great Colleagues

Mar 30, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Orange Logic works extremely hard to hire top tier people that work well with others. - Our software is bleeding edge and powerful. We are able to blow customers away with features we can provide. - We focus on customer satisfaction more than any other company I have been a part of. - We work challenging and focused days, but we keep the hours per day and week to a normal amount. - The CEO is very engaged and cares about the employees. - The companies we get to work with are amazing and in a variety of industries. - Pay and benefits are great. - We are growing quickly. I have worked at other companies that want to grow and need to figure out how to scale. Orange Logic actually has a plan for how we will scale and will pull it off.

Cons

- The depth of the software and the breadth of the industries we cover make the learning curve steep. - We are moving fast and and growth can cause pains. We are constantly improving our processes, but adaptability is needed. This has improved drastically in the last year, but we still can improve.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Orange Logic is a very gratifying place to work

Mar 10, 2021 - Implementation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orange Logic is actively pushing the boundaries of what users expect from a DAM platform, and it is exciting to be able to contribute to this process. Everyone's best ideas are solicited and, quite often, acted upon, which has helped to create a culture in which everyone is actively working to improve both Cortex and the internal procedures that allow us to properly implement new clients. There is a lot of challenging work to be done, but there is a considerable amount of flexibility and autonomy with respect to how this gets accomplished. Team members take responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of their work, without needing to be micromanaged, but are not encouraged to work late nights or on weekends. Working with very intelligent (and kind!) people is rewarding. Karl takes a genuine interest in the well-being of his employees.

Cons

As with any ambitious company smaller in size, there is a considerable amount of work, so those who tend not to be proactive or highly organized will likely have difficulty flourishing. If you are averse to working hard, this is not the place for you.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not an enjoyable place to work

Nov 1, 2020 - Implementation Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good and benefits were standard. The people were hard workers with no lame ducks. Everyone put in a stellar effort to bring the product to customers. The product, Cortex, has significant thought going into UI/UX and is a fantastic platform to use for the customers.

Cons

There was rampant micromanagement, led by the CEO, as part of the culture at Orange Logic. Everything done was put under a microscope constantly and openly criticized. The positives are whispered while the negatives are yelled across the company in order to make examples to all the other employees. Time is tracked live and to the minute on every task you do during the day. Your time reports are then scrutinized when it is advantageous for managers or the CEO. The "Right to Work" policy is used liberally, leading to excessive turnover. This is a 20-year company still operating as a startup due to the turnover and limited number of people staying with the organization.

21 people found this review helpful

Orange Logic* Response

Head of Recruitment

Ouch! We’re sorry you had a poor experience and we’d like to respond to the concerns that you raised. It is true that turnover was higher in 2019. That year we were taken by surprise when our business expanded by 72%. We rapidly created four new departments from scratch and had to hire too quickly. By late 2019, we had refined our recruiting. It’s made all the difference. Now our turnover is well below industry averages. Micromanagement is the very opposite of our culture; this is why most of our managers are “working managers”. The most successful people at Orange Logic are the ones who enjoy autonomy and ownership. Straight talk: We practice the transparency that we advocate. This includes discussing both our successes and failures openly. We believe that speaking to our colleagues as mature professionals is a form of respect. Transparency among colleagues is also the foundation of trust. The majority of us at Orange Logic find this transparency refreshing. Time Tracking: We don't want to work overtime. Time tracking allows us to understand and refine our processes. This has proven successful, since few at Orange Logic work after hours. This work-life balance is rare in software development, and we take pride in being able to maintain normal hours. Again, we regret that we weren’t the right fit for you, we will continue to work on improving ourselves and we wish you the best going forward.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company that's continuing to grow

Oct 3, 2020 - Implementation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cortex, the DAM this company has developed, is in a league of its own. It's nice working somewhere where you have full confidence in the product. The employee count is on the smaller side, but is rapidly growing. They seek to hire people that are not only great at what they do, but are easy to work with. The CEO actively works on creating a company culture that is non-toxic and where openness is highly encouraged. Everyone is friendly and has been a joy to work with. It helps that at the end of the day, we're all working to help make Cortex more enjoyable for clients.

Cons

Since the company is on the smaller side, the workload can be a bit overwhelming at times. Luckily, they're actively working on hiring more people so this should only be a temporary problem.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Busy, Growing Company

Jun 30, 2020 - Software in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They're very busy and growing. You'll get great work, and lots of it. Perfect place to get good experience.

Cons

Fast-moving environment. There's no "fake it 'til you make it" here - you have to know your stuff and be confident in yourself.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Pushing Boundaries, Not For the Faint of Heart

May 13, 2020 - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The caliber of colleagues is unlike anywhere I have ever worked. The product is exceptional - dare I say revolutionary. The challenging environment encourages deep thought, collaborative strategizing, and continuous growth. Our customers are incredible and we service a variety of industries so each implementation is unique.

Cons

The days go by too fast! Not enough developers (working on it, thumbs up to our hardworking HR and Recruitment teams!)

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, culture and coworkers

Apr 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Company is currently in the process of growing and the team is prioritizing that every hire is not only qualified to fulfill their role but also a good cultural fit with other employees -Emphasis on a good work life balance -Great atmosphere among coworkers, great sense of humor and teamwork -Food is catered on Fridays, also provides a chance for everyone to sit down together once a week to talk and socialize

Cons

-When I started, I was doing a lot of my work independent but now that we are growing the work has been more team oriented -Due to the constant growth and new faces there is a cap on how much food can be ordered per person on Fridays

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ideal time to be part of Orange Logic!

Oct 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I spent over a year considering multiple offers/opportunities and nothing had ever enticed me for a new challenge until, I came in for an interview here. The opportunity here right now is unmatched. The projects we are working on and the product are so impressive. I left my previous company where, I had everything anyone could wish for but the opportunity that Orange Logic offers was something I knew that I would of regretted if I did not jump on it. I am extremely happy to have made the switch and already seen the efforts of my work impact and grow the company in such a short amount of time. The diverse culture, great people, awesome health benefits, a genuine emphasis on having a work/life balance.

Cons

Confusion around some of the internal procedures, it's starting to not be ok given our intended growth.

7 people found this review helpful