Orangetheory Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Dave Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No benefits offered for full time employees (in 33 reviews)

• Little room for growth/promotion and no annual review/raise (in 12 reviews)

1. "front desk"

I have been working at Orangetheory Fitness full-time

Pros

Free membership, fun environment, decent pay and commission

Cons

calling people gets boring, asking for a raise is tough because you have commission

2. "Front End Associate"

Pros

Great work environment.
    Always engaged.

Cons

Hours
    Can become somewhat repetitive

3. "Coach"

Current Employee - Coach
    Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at Orangetheory Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, fun environment, love the members.

Cons

No benefits are provided; even for full time employees.

Advice to Management

Pay for trainings and events we need to attend.

"Coach"

Former Employee - Coach in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Coach in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orangetheory Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does an excellent job trying to teach new employees "the culture." There are a lot of great coaches that are passionate about their job and they are well trained. You get free, unlimited workouts (take advantage). You get a platform to promote yourself and inspire others. The pay can be really nice if you're packing out your classes. If you are the type of coach that doesn't mind everything being set for you, you'll love OT! All the workouts are pre planned (1month in advance). They seem to really be putting in work at Corporate, but this leads to the cons...

Cons

This franchise is thee McDonalds of Fitness! No lie. They are so scripted, it's ridiculous! They literally give you a template and if you don't explain things in the specified time, or if you don't say certain key words as written in your script, you're out of luck... and likely out of a job.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of proper delivery, but clients get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over and over and over. Also, the company wants OT to be your life for you. You basically need to be a cheerleader. Seriously. They want you to be a huge team player, but how does that work when you're getting paid for 10-12 hrs a week??? It didn't add up for me. I thought I was going to be making decent $, but it didn't happen like that. Instead I'd have shifts with a huge break in between midday and evening. Then, you have to thouroughly clean the studio yourself after midday shifts and before you leave for the night. It took 45 mins to an hr to clean abd That's 2x's a day. Oh yeah, you don't get paid for that time, but it is required :)
    The owners did not like to be involved in anything related to correcting employees. They loved to delegate all the tough conversations to managers, which is understandable, but annoying as heck! I'd be hearing great feedback, then all of a sudden, be told that things weren't going well. No one gave straight answers to how I could improve. Very odd managenent situation, but hey...

Advice to Management

Reallt work witg new coaches that you see true potential in. If you don't really see potential communicate that early on. Don't be so quick to let talent go. Also, welcome more individuality. Not everyone is a cheerleader type coach. Some clients appreciate a more patient coach.

5. "Sales Ambassador"

Current Employee - Sales Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Orangetheory Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for. Not only is it the best workout you can get, the relationships I have built and everything I have learned from sales to customer service all make the job great. I have learned a lot that I will take with me to future jobs.

Cons

Very early hours and working holidays and early mornings on weekends. Not ideal but expected for a part-time job while in college.

6. "Coach"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Orangetheory Fitness part-time

Pros

Great pay, they have figured out how to build a family environment within a fast growing company. They have continued to stay up with fitness trends and incorporated new things.

Cons

Has turned a lot more corporate. Can't individualize your workouts as much.

7. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Orangetheory Fitness (Less than a year)

Pros

encourage coworkers and staff, pretty easy once you get the hang of it

Cons

only complaint was the fact that we were encouraged to take classes, but could only take class whenever there was an open spot so it was hard to plan ahead

8. "Sales/marketing"

I have been working at Orangetheory Fitness full-time

Pros

Great Brand and amazing work out and results. Coaches are awesome!

Cons

Pay is low and upper upper management are not consistent and show no value to growth development

Advice to Management

Value your employees and stop worrying about phone calls and actually get to know your employees and stop advancing those that do not show value but constant complaining

9. "Coach"

I worked at Orangetheory Fitness part-time

Pros

Good pay for a Trainer

Cons

Hours can be super early

"Great concept group exercise"

I worked at Orangetheory Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are expected and encouraged to utilize the workouts! High energy environment with loud music to keep you going during earlier shifts. Fun people!

Cons

You are basically paid minimum wage plus commissions but you can lose commissions if you make any errors.

Advice to Management

Increase wages