Orbis Education Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Orbis Education Chief Executive Officer Steve Hodownes
Steve Hodownes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Orbis is a forward thinking organization with mission and vision that is evident in all levels of the organization. Leadership is transparent and committed to the success of the employee including development and growth opportunities. Company atmosphere is fun, benefits are great, all of your talents and skills are appreciated.

Cons

Orbis is a fast growing company. If you are not interested in being fully engaged and love a fast pace this may not be a good fit.

"Misleading"

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Orbis management appears to be good at flooding Glassdoor with misrepresenting assessments of the workplace in Colorado. If they do anything well, it's spending time remedying their image on this site.

Cons

This is a call center. You will not be an academic counselor/advisor; you will be a salesperson. You will be encouraged to use forceful marketing techniques to sell overpriced degrees to people who are simply looking for basic information. There is a high turn over rate as most new hires use these positions as placeholders while they seek out respectable employment opportunities.

Advice to Management

Management, you should create honest job descriptions when you advertise job openings. Also, consider developing a training program that responds to and addresses the day-to-day operations. This may help with your retention rate as new hires don't enjoy being mislead.

"Great Company, Subpar Sites"

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Orbis Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate structure, solid upper management. Certain partners have great program and attached sites that really do make a difference in enrollment numbers

Cons

Sites are autonomous and certain sites have much better and sound management than others. Certain partners can be difficult to work with and put strain on lower level employees and make it tough to reach goal. Coaching ranges from specific and helpful to vague and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to be more consistent with leadership

"Admissions Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Orbis Education is the access to the executive team and the CEO. Their door's are always open and they are willing to talk. The culture is very relaxed and and focused on the students. Management really cares about employees and there are opportunities for advancement. The HR team does a great job providing programs and benefits that focus on employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"A meaningful place to work"

Current Employee - Admissions in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions in Denver, CO

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Why it matters: There is a huge focus on mission, why we do what we do. It is voiced often and embedded in every task each employee carries out.
    Culture: The culture is rooted in being a happy place to work and in supporting each member of our team.
    Continuous learning: Orbis operates under the mindset that you can learn something from everyone. Employees are encouraged to take initiative and make recommendations and leadership listens. Training and support services are offered to ensure you are able to do your job to the best of your ability.

Cons

Being in a hypergrowth state can often mean having to figure things out as you go. This job and company would not be a good fit for someone who needs to be micromanaged or needs a handbook. The entire company consists of people who build momentum and take initiative.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and invest in your employees

"Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This position allows you to work with students all over the country pursue their dream to become a nurse. This a great environment for people who enjoy helping others. In this position you get to work independently but you also get to collaborate with your team members and other staff. You manage your own time and do not work weekends. It is a great feeling to be a part of an organization that not only helps individuals but also helps the community have great nurses in the future

Cons

The office can be cold but "snuggies" and sweaters are definitely allowed.

Advice to Management

Management is very transparent about expectations and is extremely supportive
     of your professional and personal growth. Management encourages new ideas and to use own personality when interacting with students

7. "Company poised for growth with great culture"

Current Employee - Admissions Leadership
    Current Employee - Admissions Leadership

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture of support, huge growth potential, career autonomy, work that matters, contributing to the nursing shortage

Cons

Staying connected can be difficult, especially with employees spread across the country. However, there is great emphasis on keeping communication open by leadership.

Advice to Management

Snacks are a great perk!
    Stay transparent as we grow. We need solid leadership.

"Admissions Coordinator"

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I worked at Orbis Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The students were the best part about coming to work. I was able to see their passion and success throughout the program, it will be unforgettable to me. The faculty was amazing to work with.

Cons

I was not treated with respect throughout my time at Orbis by management. When I was first hired, I only had three days of training. It is definitely a position where you will have to learn on your own. That was fine, what wasn't fine was how I was treated along the way. They motivate by using fear and intimidation. They talked horribly of other employees. "Stupid" was in their vocabulary a lot. I would have employees come tell me what they would say about me. It was not a good feeling, especially because I wanted to do a good job for them. It was very demotivating. I started getting sick to my stomach coming into work. Management will tell you they want you to grow with the company, wrong. I have so many examples of how they were. There were no redeeming qualities of their behavior. I'm not saying all of Orbis is like that, only my experience at the pleasant prairie site.

Advice to Management

I have no advice, they will continue doing what they are doing until they are caught.

9. "The most amazing place to live your passion for education"

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse Educator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Nurse Educator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Direct management willing to provide hands on training; staff kind and willing to help orient to site; Christian education supported and mentored; a high level of loyalty and commitment to high standards of nursing education is exemplified.

Cons

There are no reasons to NOT aspire to become a part of this amazing company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the spirit of enthusiasm and the deep level of commitment to a higher standard of higher education.

"Great up & coming company with amazing opportunities!"

I have been working at Orbis Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks are always available, great company communication, amazing opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

Open floorplan which can be distracting and small bathroom space