KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 97 of over 98 reviews

4.8
Orchard Founder and CEO Court Cunningham
Court Cunningham
Pros
  • "Perch is filled with motivated individuals who constantly push for the greater good of the company(in 9 reviews)

• "low ego, high drive culture throughout the entire business(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work- Life balance can be difficult at times(in 3 reviews)

• "None so far, the company is growing fast(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orchard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

You Know When You Know!

Sep 18, 2021 - Real Estate - Listing Agent in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much opportunity for growth and advancement. Everyone in management (YES! even upper management) ALL contribute Very processed driven Accountability checkpoints are all around you. In other words, you can only fail when you give up, don't try, or simply want to "work" the system. If that is you DO NOT APPLY... Everyone here is very much sold on the mission of making not only the company successful but the products AMAZING! The comp plan is VERY competitive!

Cons

Like any startup, there are going to be growing pains or things that could be tweaked to help get past the learning curve. But as mentioned above in the "pros" section. That only spells OPPORTUNITY and a chance to help make a difference...I'm sorry, did I answer the question? Was that really a "Con" then? lol...

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting time to be part of this company

Sep 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. The company is growing very fast and its exciting to be part of its journey. I finally feel like I matter and that the people above me actually care about how im progressing and support me when I tell them about things I want to do with my career. Never felt that before when I was working at a way larger tech company. Also, everyone loves to laugh and crack jokes.

Cons

If you dont like puns or dad jokes, the engineering team might not be a great fit for you lol

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fast growth and great collaboration

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Orchard is growing quickly and with that comes a lot of opportunity for people to contribute to mission critical projects. The team is highly collaborative and leadership keeps the company well informed on our goals and on our performance.

Cons

We're a fast growing company, so things can change quickly and adaptability is really important. This important to keep in mind for people who may be more hesitant to change.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty good experience

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a lot of work to be done. You can make this a 9-5 job if you want, but the most successful are putting in more hours. It’s not rocket science. It doesn’t go unnoticed if you deliver high impact work. You can be given a lot of responsibility if you want it The work is challenging and my coworkers are amazing! Things constantly change often times with minimal notice, so your mileage may vary Leadership is very transparent with goals This is as good of a company that I’ve ever been a part of!

Cons

Comp is ok. I joined late, so there’s not much equity to be shared which is understandable. The salaries have bands where 100% is considered market rate. I don’t know of anyone near 100% so I’m not sure how we can advertise that we pay market rate. A lot of work can be manual, but it’s also understandable! Communication can always be improved. Too many systems where messages can get lost

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hit & Miss - Depending on your team

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Growing fast - Appropriate pay - Flexible paid time off - Supported growth and learning - Customer Success is important to them, they will work hard for their customers. - It's a great concept, and if you're buying and selling a house, a fantastic option.

Cons

- No Work/life Balance - Questionable core values "Mission before team. Team before self." - At the time, the company had unlimited PTO, which felt more like pressure to never take time off. - REALLY want you to be in the office (they may allow you to work remotely, but the in-office culture is too important for them to give up) - Internal teams were not as highly valued as customer-facing teams - No 401k match - Too many meetings where nothing is accomplished or people are actively working on different things while others are communicating. - Everything is urgent and important - The expectation is to work more than 40 hours a week, full-time, regularly. - Some managers may be good at what they do, but all need management training. - The whole office needs DEI training. - Growing a little too fast and can't keep up with themselves.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Super Collaborative and they respect All employees not matter the level

Sep 17, 2021 - Real Estate - Listing Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Focused Collaborative environment Change and pivot when something isn't effective or working Customer Driven Fun people High Energy Management listens

Cons

Can be hard to manage life & work Super fast paced, hard to keep up with all the changes Environment can vary depending on the market & position your in

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Stumbled into a great gig

Sep 7, 2021 - Home Loan Officer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Corp team explains the gears behind the scenes * Value-driven company culture * Tech-focused team approach * Encouraging tone and cadence * Plenty of bandwidth for improving processes, extremely open to feedback

Cons

* The company is stull young so employees need to flex well, rigid people won't like

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

not if you want career growth

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product and people team are great.

Cons

You'll be hired to do something and then a bait and switch by the time you start. If you want career growth, you won't find it here. The company has lost its way.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Orchard is a great place to work

Sep 7, 2021 - Real Estate - Listing Agent in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Salary and benefits - Coworkers who are helpful and competent - Impressive company culture of innovation, inclusion, and openness to feedback - Company laptop given

Cons

So far, I have not experienced anything negative. It sounds like people in my position have experienced a high workload, but the company is actively hiring to address that.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Collaborative environment - Passionate teammates - Wonderful culture - company-wide events and gatherings - Great office culture

Cons

- Work-life balance, but this is a given with any start-up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews