Orchestrate Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charlie Cook

1. "Very Good Company From Top To Bottom"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Fresno, CA

Pros

I have been working for Orchestrate for a little more than a year now. I have continually been treated with respect and I feel everyone at the company is doing their best work. We all strive to work hard for our clients and do a good job for them. I feel like I have the support of management in everything I do. The sales team I work with has been exceptional. They communicate with me regularly and we talk about how the project is going. We meet often and have lunch and I'm always asked if there is anything they can do for me. I also get called from the president of the company and he asks what he can for me. Not too many places out there that give you this level of support.

Cons

I have a family, so the travel life of a consultant is hard. But I signed-up for it, so I deal with it. It is nice when our customer lets me work from home. I will say that it appears someone has an axe to grind with our management as the negative reviews posted are quite venomous. I have found none of what's been said about management to be true. In fact, it's quite the opposite. These spiteful comments written have encouraged me to work harder for my customer, the company and I felt it necessary to write this positive review and give my side of the story.

Advice to Management

I'm sorry that it appears someone is out to smear you. It's too bad. You all have been great to me and I appreciate all the positive support over the past year +. Thank you for your support of me.

2. "OHC Treated Me Great As A W-2 Hourly Employee"

Former Employee - Integration Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Integration Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the first call I received about 1 year ago from my recruiter, to the end of my project last week, I have been treated like gold by everyone at Orchestrate Healthcare. I had regular interaction with the gentleman who runs the East Coast and he was great. His partner who helps him run that territory was also great. The folks in Colorado who run the company and work on payroll were also great. I had somewhat regular communication with the president of the company and he always told me that he's here to support me in anything I need to do in order to exceed the client's expectations. I have never been told that from any other president or owner of a company I worked for. Everyone treated me great and I'd be happy to work on another project with them.

Cons

They have very strict rules about when you can submit your timesheets and expenses and I regularly missed the submission window. I understand why, but when I got lazy it impacted when I got reimbursed.

Advice to Management

You have a great team and you're doing all the right things. Find another way to submit time & expenses.

3. "For 6+ Years Now, I Have Been A Very Happy Member Of The Orchestrate Healthcare Team"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Orchestrate Healthcare over 6 years ago now. I joined the company before the Meaningful Use frenzy started and I have seen quite a bit over these 6+ years. The company has grown significantly since I joined and I have been personally involved in the hiring process as one of the technical interviewers. I have enjoyed every moment of my time here and I plan to be a member of Orchestrate Healthcare's team for a long time. I believe we strive every day to exceed our client's expectations - I know I do.

Cons

Sometimes there are projects that I'm assigned to where I have to travel more than I want. Travel is tough and I miss being with my family when I'm gone from home.

Advice to Management

My suggestion would be to continue to put our client's needs and priority first, let's do everything we can for our clients and good things will happen.

5. "Steer Clear"

Former Employee - Senior Epic Consultant/Client Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Epic Consultant/Client Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR and recruiter are good at what they do. Unfortunately management comes up short.

Cons

Unethical is too weak a word for upper management. They exploit clients and consultants without shame. High turnover in the consultant ranks says it all!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach

"Great People, Great Company, Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone I spoke with at Orchestrate was great during my interviews and new hire process. My recruiter was excellent, I spoke with the VP of recruiting who was really nice and I spoke with the President who told me that he considered it his job to help me do my job to the best of my abilities and if I needed anything to help me do my job to let him know. To this day as an employee of 2 1/2 years now, everything I heard during my interview process has been 100% true. The people here are truly great people and everyone wants to help. I am proud to be an employee at Orchestrate.

Cons

The travel every week does get old at times. I've had some airline issues lately that caused me to get stuck overnight and that's pretty tough. I'm an empty nester so our kids are out of the house thankfully, so that's no longer an issue when I have travel issues

Advice to Management

THANK YOU for supporting me like you do. I really appreciate how everyone goes the extra mile for me, for my client and for the other clients.

7. "Don't work there"

Former Employee - Consultant in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Woodstock, GA

I worked at Orchestrate Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

There are NO Pros for Orchestrate.

Cons

I was put on assignments where the President KNEW I didn't have the skill sets. He was setting me up.

Orchestrate Healthcare Response

Oct 7, 2015 – President

I am very concerned to read this review as we have never, in the history of the company, put someone up for an assignment where they didn't have the skill sets, as this reviewer alleges. We would ... More

8. "We Are Striving To Be The Best - Every Day"

Current Employee - Vice President in Carbondale, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Carbondale, CO

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am on the Management Team and I know first-hand that everyday we try to be the very best we can be. It is refreshing because many employers don't do this. Sometimes difficult decisions must be made and we must release under-performing employees. Those decisions are not taken lightly and are given serious thought. At the end of the day, we weed-out underperforming people because we're trying to improve each and every day.

Cons

We have made some hires that weren't the best decisions, I'll be honest. We've had to clean out those people over the past 12 months so we can improve as a company. Hind sight being 20/20, we never would have hired those folks.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for excellent every day. I know we're on the right mission. We needed to remove underperforming employees. We're a much better company now and we will continue to improve in the years to come.

9. "A Great Healthcare Consulting Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Epic Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Epic Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Orchestrate Healthcare in the summer of 2012 and I have loved every day I've been here. I feel that I'm well supported by my Management and the executive team. I have taken advantage of the career development that I'm offered and I have added 2 Epic certifications to my skill set. I feel I am paid well and the benefit plan I'm offered is quite good. I can't think of one more thing I would want or need from an employer. Thank you Orchestrate Healthcare!

Cons

I am a traveling consultant and I travel just about every week. Weekly travel is very tough and it's certainly not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your support. I am very happy here.

"One Of The Best Companies In Healthcare Today"

Current Employee - Epic Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Epic Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an Epic consultant in this market today, I have seen all kinds of "consulting companies" pop up overnight and claim they have an Epic Consulting Practice. When you look closely at these companies, you find they are simply taking resumes from Dice or other sites and pawning them off as their own people. Not Orchestrate Healthcare. They are building a solid Epic Consulting Practice and they hire people as FTE's as they want people who they consider to be "cream of the crop". They are completely professional, above board and very generous with the comp plan & benefits. The executive team is like a who's who with extensive healthcare-specific experience. For example, the VP of Sales has been selling HIT solutions for 31+ years. The COO used to run a 1200+ person world-wide consulting team for a major EMR vendor. You take that level of skill and expertise and combine it with the integrity I've seen demonstrated - you've really got a winning combination in Orchestrate Healthcare

Cons

Travel is always a challenge as a consultant. I live in Chicago so I have 2 major airports to fly out of - but it's tough to be away from my family.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the kinds of people I've seen come to Orchestrate Healthcare over the past 2 1/2 years that I've been here. I love being a part of what you guys call our "all-star team" .

"Great Company, Great People & Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Carbondale, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Carbondale, CO

I have been working at Orchestrate Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Sales Executive with Orchestrate Healthcare, I feel I have incredible opportunity to grow my career and do well financially. The Senior Management here supports me 100% and I have a comp plan with unlimited upside - so the more I work (sell) the more I make. There are not many places where you have unlimited upside earnings potential, but this is one. I've seen it personally. The addition in 2013 of a world-class COO & VP of Sales has helped me tremendously. These 2 guys are an incredible addition to my support structure. The direction we are headed in is really exciting. I feel I have an unmatched opportunity here.

Cons

I work out of the home office in Carbondale, and as a single guy, it's a little tough because there are not many single professional women in Carbondale. I'm not big on dating divorced women with kids - so the pickins are a little slim here. I just wish there were more single women in the Aspen valley - it's all guys here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me such a great comp plan & an incredible support team with Richard, Jerry & Steve! Keep doing what you're doing!