Oregon Community Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mandy Jones

1. "Everyone here strives to be nice and so what's right for members and coworkers alike."

Current Employee - Branch Representative in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Branch Representative in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone who works here is upbeat and fun! They reward the staff handsomely and recognize the top performers on a regular basis.

Cons

There has been a lot of turnover recently, which has an effect on all the departments and teams. They usually do a good job of filling positions quickly.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. The recognition and attention to staff is really motivating.

2. "Wonderful place to work"

Former Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Branch Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, company did many things to show it valued employees, smart management, good pay, management eager to help ambitious employees advance internally

Cons

Incentive programs often discouraged good teamwork, training was often done on the fly for new programs and systems

3. "Stable job, but not the highest flying company."

Former Employee - Back Office in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Back Office in Eugene, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standard but pretty generous benefits.

Cons

The IT department is extremely dysfunctional and has a choke hold on the company. Poor investment by management in operations software and solutions profoundly disrupts everyday work. There is very little invested into training especially front-line staff. There is a well established feeling of complacency within the company culture.

Advice to Management

Management does little to get its employees to rise to a higher level. It is afraid to fire dead weight and incompetent employees.

5. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Process Improvement Intern in Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Process Improvement Intern in Springfield, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

treated like family on the first day. Everyone supports each other even from across divisions.

Cons

Still yet to find any cons about the company.

6. "Outbound Loan rep"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Eugene, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

Good income opportunity. Company gives a nice work/home balance

Cons

Low base pay. Company likes to leap before it looks and makes it difficult to keep a steady stream of leads

7. "Great values Great work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company truly cares about the community and doing the right thing. Great network in the South Willamette Valley makes it an honor to work for such a strong local financial institution.

Cons

Not enough growth opportunities due to limited size. It becomes hard to motivate people when there are other options in the community which require less work, more opportunities for professional growth and much more pay. i.e.-Symantec

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on community values while taking care of your employees. They are you biggest brand ambassadors.
    The test will be how to keep people motivated when pay rises very slow and promotion are very few and far in between past a low-level manager.

8. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time

Pros

After almost a decade of working at OCCU, I can say that the organization truly cares about its members and its employees. I have sat in on executive team meetings and have seen this first hand. They encourage employee growth and leadership and also have great benefits.

Cons

Project management is seriously lacking in this organization, but to be fair this is a fairly new concept to them. While frustrating at this moment, I do see the motivation for them to change and starts of change as well.

"Fear-Based Leadership"

Former Employee - Branch Representative in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Branch Representative in Eugene, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, higher than the market for the area with incentive payouts for high sales and meeting goals. Very community-focused with many opportunities to volunteer and give back. Very good training programs.

Cons

OCCU operates under fear-based leadership- if you're smart and capable, middle management sees you as a threat. Even the hardest working employee never worked enough hours or got enough sales. Front-line staff can give zero feedback on effectiveness of products and services from a member standpoint. Gossip, favoritism, and unprofessional behavior from egotistical management.

Advice to Management

You can pay your employees well, but if you still treat them as disposable and replaceable, you're not fostering a good work environment. Ongoing supervision of branch management and hands-on professional training is sorely needed.

10. "Great benefits, good hours, not great growth potential."

Former Employee - Branch Representative in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Branch Representative in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Oregon Community Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were really good, the company culture was really friendly and positive. Plus, paid time off and sick time and federal holidays!

Cons

The pay was not great and even though I had positive performance reviews, I had to fight for promotions. Crabby, entitled members.

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Pros

I love what we stand for--making a difference to our members and our community. They support me in volunteering, and they've been there when I need help. I have lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and make an impact. They push me to do my best, but I feel valued and recognized for what I achieve. Everyone works as a supportive team.

Cons

We only have sites in Lane County (and one branch in Salem), so there's not much ability to collaborate with people from different areas. It's not like working for a multi-national company or anything.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on what's important--helping our communities be strong!