Oregon Department of Human Services Employee Reviews about "help people"
51% would recommend to a friend
(5 total reviews)
34% approve of CEO
Found 5 of over 196 reviews
Updated Nov 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It has good benefits and gives opportunities for overtime pay" (in 32 reviews)
- "Working with people and helping those in need" (in 7 reviews)
- "Liked management and fellow employees, good pay" (in 6 reviews)
- "Encouraging of using time off." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great and coworkers and environment" (in 5 reviews)
- "The management is completely top down" (in 8 reviews)
- "Low salary for employees doing a very difficult job." (in 5 reviews)
- "Workload is heaped, and a job well done is rewarded with a lot more work." (in 3 reviews)
- "upper management is usually hired from within leads to people in high positions under qualified" (in 3 reviews)
- "Supervisors are 'available' yet always a challenge to track down in an emergency." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Oregon Department of Human Services and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "help people"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Jul 23, 2021Intake SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Get to meet people, travel around, decent-ish pay, government benefits, decent-ish training, maybe, rarely even help people, was sometimes interesting
No work life balance, hostile clients, hostile, terrible, non-supportive management, racist coworkers, often seems like not really helping but just punitive, penalizing poor people, and especially, people of color.1
- 5.0Aug 23, 2016Program AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWoodburn, OR
Working for the Department of Human Services, you get to help people. You get to make a difference. There are always new opportunities to promote.
Although DHS has no problem hiring a diverse workforce, they struggle to ensure that promotions to management and beyond are equally as diverse.1
- 4.0Jun 4, 2020Home HealthCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalem, OR
Flexible schedule depending on client you work with, PTO and dental and vision benefits, opportunity to help people
Can be a bit stressful at times depending on the client's level of cooperation, hard work for the pay
- 1.0Aug 30, 2017AnonymousCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSalem, OR
The benefits are great! Once in a while you actually get to help people, the only reason you stick with it.
Management! Nobody cares about people and least of all employees, your a number and the only thing that matters is how much you kiss up.2