- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Troutdale, OR
- - Portland, OR
- - Salem, OR Area
- - Salem, OR
- - Eugene, OR Area
- - Eugene, OR
- - Springfield, OR
- - Roseburg, OR Area
- - Roseburg, OR
- - Albany, OR Area
- - Albany, OR
- - Ontario, OR Area
- - Ontario, OR
- - Bend, OR Area
- - Bend, OR
- - Grants Pass, OR Area
- - Grants Pass, OR
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Suwanee, GA
- - Maryland
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Gaithersburg, MD
Found 54 of over 70 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 8, 2022 - Graduate Engineer in Bend, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Well rounded experience. Supportive bosses and coworkers.
State government means it’s a long, difficult process to get almost things done.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 12, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lots of dedicated employees who support one another
Can feel like you are working in a silo
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 3, 2023 - Litter Patrol Officer in Grants Pass, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good summer job to build work ethic
Physically strenuous, not for the unmotivated
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 25, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Almost none You get a state car sometimes when you have to travel.
Salary. so no overtime. Working in an ugly government office. Union employees, so you have no real power to hire or promote good people, or punish or fire bad ones. Layers of Bureaucracy, everything has to go through some other office whether it be repairs, getting new equipment, or changing janitorial staff. No ability to make it a better work environment, can’t pay people more, can’t get funding for parties or morale improvements in the office. Not even a gift card for free coffee.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 28, 2022 - Civil EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very secure. Good benefits. Has a good pension.
No salary negotiation. Not the best for ambitious people.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Feb 9, 2022 - GIS Analyst in Salem, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with and a broad range of projects and partnerships are always happening. Large exposure to a diverse workforce and projects.
Since the agency is so large, communication barriers can exist while undergoing organizational and budget changes.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, teleworking available, great coworkers.
Lack of understanding for workload volume and employee burnout.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 7, 2022 - Engineering Specialist in Salem, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Security, benefits, step system for pay increases
They do not match 401k
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 22, 2021 - Civil Engineer in Springfield, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
High job security and good benefits.
No negotiating pay. Do not reward hard work.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 9, 2021 - Safety SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A very well run organization for any government operation.
The CEO of the state is a total wreck that does not comprehend the gravity of their actions or is simply trying to run the state into the ground so they can run away with their ill gotten gains.Continue reading
Oregon Department of Transportation Reviews FAQs
Oregon Department of Transportation has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 70 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Oregon Department of Transportation to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
61% of Oregon Department of Transportation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oregon Department of Transportation 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.