Orion Electrotech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "College work placement"

Pros

I recently went for work experience and didn't know what to expect but everyone was very supportive, helpful and approachable. During my time at Orion, I have gained many new skills and opened my mind to a whole new industry. It was far better than I thought it would be and I greatly enjoyed working there.

Cons

Getting up early was the only one

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. Great atmosphere and people that genuinely care.

"A great start into the world of Recruitment"

Former Employee - Design Engineer Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Design Engineer Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I joined Orion Electrotech as a trainee, one of my biggest fears was the enticing benefits sounded too good to be true. The opportunity to hit these incentives and earn lots of commission didn’t seem realistic. How wrong I was!

During my two years at Orion I attended an all-expenses paid-for weekend away jet skiing, went on three lunch clubs, all these reward were on top of some great commissions. This didn’t mean I had to work 12 hour days, however I worked hard and was rewarded for my efforts. We even finished at 3pm every Friday.

Orion Electrotech provides great training and most importantly the support for consultants to succeed. I hit my targets due to the friendly competitive environment that pushes everyone to achieve their best.

Cons

The car park is limited on spaces what means you occasionally have to move your car. Other than that i struggle to think of any.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow with success make sure you keep the same values and worth ethic that makes this company great. Keep up the good work and training and I’m sure you will keep going up the Sunday Times top 100 list.

Feb 14, 2017 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

3. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kampong Pek (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kampong Pek (Malaysia)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i like here very much

Cons

there is nothing to complain about

"Fantastic company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great MD and Sales Manager, works closely with you through training, covering engineering and sales. Really great atmosphere in the office competitive but friendly.
    Good salary, commission, and incentives. A unique recruitment company.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Nov 25, 2016 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

The support and training on offer for employees at Orion Electrotech from the management team is second to none. Without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only con is the lack of onsite parking.

Advice to Management

Don't change!

Sep 28, 2016 – Director

"Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Recruitmenrt Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitmenrt Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

I came from working at one of the UK's biggest high street banks and it was the best decisions I ever made coming in to recruitment especially coming to Orion. I felt at home straight away and have made some friends for life working here. As well as meeting new people they offer great staff incentives from employee of the month to half yearly holiday incentives and so much in between.

Orion offer fantastic training no matter what level you're at whether you’re a trainee or a seasoned consultant they will give you the tools and training to make sure you grow and develop in to the best consultant you can be.

Cons

There isn't any, none what so ever

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

I may not have been here as long as other members of the team but I've learnt a lot in the time I've been here with the training, coaching and development and I can't fault it

8. "Great place, great colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

I am quite new in the world of recruitment and have been very fortunate to join an organisation that invest so heavily in the training and development of new consultants. Recruitment is not an easy industry to succeed, you have to balance a number of plates, cram so much into one day and handle a lot of rejection. Orion has given me the tools to succeed and have invested a lot of time in me helping to improve the areas of recruitment that I needed help with. Orion really is a great place where you are in charge of your own destiny. If you want to work 8-5:30, finish at 3 on a Friday and earn money then you can do that here. If you want to work 12 hour days and come in on the weekend at times to earn serious money then that can be accommodated here too. There is a great combination of people here too which has created a great culture of colleagues who are hungry to succeed. There is a fantastic family feel here also and I was made to feel welcome from the beginning. In the 8 months I have been here I have been awarded employee of the month, hit my target to go to a Michelin starred restaurant in London, taken to a music festival and a work dinner out. If you are hungry to succeed and keen to get into recruitment, it is definitely worth giving a Orion a call and have a look for yourself.

Cons

All the frustrations I experience daily are nothing to do with Orion Electrotech. Recruitment is a difficult industry, it is easy to get sucked in by promises of a huge pay cheque and regular commission where the reality is it takes a while to get to that point. As a recruiter you get messed around a lot and it is hard at times, however Orion have always supported me through the ups and downs and the high staff retention rate is reflected by this.

"Aylesbury office not Reading"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not swamped by KPI's - good commission

Cons

The director hires and fires all the time - high staff turn over - hires based on looks. Shouts in your face and is generally not a nice person.

Aug 11, 2016 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments, whilst we always hope to see positive reviews from both our current and previous employees we obviously take any negative reviews seriously. We ... More

"Excellent Employer"

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

Having worked for a number of employers in the past, I had spent 7 years working with 1 company before I decided to move into recruitment.
    I had a number of interviews and felt immediately at home with Orion Electrotech.
    I was completely new to recruitment and was given excellent training which has allowed me to progress and develop my career within the company.
    As an employee you really are an integral part of the company, not a number!
    We have excellent incentives both monetary and trips away and the like.
    Your earning potential is completely in your hands and you are given all the tools needed to succeed.
    There is a great team ethic within the company and a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to go with it.
    I literally cannot recommend working here enough!

Cons

I cant think of a single one!

"Breaking the stigma that all agencies are the same!"

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

Great training and coaching. Everyone is invested from you from the start including the management team, other consultants and directors. Orion offer some incredible benefits and incentives. You're welcomed into the business and within weeks it feels like you've been there for years! A great culture and team spirit throughout the business. Lively working environment where everyone works exceptionally hard but the rewards are amazing! 3pm Friday finish and free parking is unheard of in recruitment, but Orion manage to strike the work/life balance extremely well and still manage to make lots of money!

Cons

None that I can see as of yet