Orion Electrotech Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Orion Electrotech Director Chris Benham
Chris Benham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Internal Recruitment and Training Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From my first interview I knew that Orion was the company for me -Chris Benham and Paul Ridley who met with me were warm and sincere answering all of my questions openly and honestly and I felt it was the right place to take my career to the next stage - the last twelve months have been great with recognition and awards, great times out with the team and best of all, I get to come into the office everyday and my colleagues are hardworking, dedicated and fun!

Cons

Orion has it all - there is nothing that I would change

Advice to Management

Keep on being the great company that you are!

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Administrator in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrator in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Orion Electrotech over two years ago, I had heard many horror stories about recruitment companies, but Orion is very different for any other. Orion has a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere, which I believe is very rare for a Sales Environment. In the two years I have been here I have been to Dubai, Cornwall, York, London, two festivals and three lunch clubs to top restaurants! I'm also a big fan of the 3pm Friday finish...

Cons

Not having a room to eat your lunch in the office is my only con, but we do have a McDonald's, Asda, Dominoes, M&S, Petrol station, and Subway all a 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk away, so you have plenty to do in your lunch break.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Potentially a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incentives in terms of trips/ days out are excellent. Good package in terms of salary and holiday. Regular internal training exercises ran through scenarios we encounter as consultants, with staff sharing there experiences and resolutions was great.
    If you get of on the right foot, a potentially financially rewarding job.

Cons

Commission set up is not great. Personally speaking my manager seemed to pile unnecessary pressure onto me even after making 4 placements within 2 months. Resulted in abusive language towards me which when i highlighted to his senior was basically told to accept it as it was deserved or leave. (I left)
    CUlture within the office is great within senior/long term staff, however as a new consultant, i felt very little effort was made to include me. I must caveat that by saying Director and Sales Director did welcome me well.
    I found the database quite chaotic, due to autokeywording, this in my view made it difficult to do 'list work' keeping your list specific to the industry or job in question.
    I found i had little to no help narrowing down into a niche part of engineering. Found calling myself an engineering recruiter all too vague. More direction would have helped me.

Advice to Management

Obviously a very profitable and well run business however, i felt i was a number. I think you should make more of an effort to ensure that new staff are welcomed by other senior staff.

Jun 22, 2017 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. All feedback is welcome as it allows us to keep improving our processes and making Orion a better place to work for all. We would be... More

4. "College work placement"

Pros

I recently went for work experience and didn't know what to expect but everyone was very supportive, helpful and approachable. During my time at Orion, I have gained many new skills and opened my mind to a whole new industry. It was far better than I thought it would be and I greatly enjoyed working there.

Cons

Getting up early was the only one

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. Great atmosphere and people that genuinely care.

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here on your work placement, it was great to have you here.

"A great start into the world of Recruitment"

Former Employee - Design Engineer Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Design Engineer Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I joined Orion Electrotech as a trainee, one of my biggest fears was the enticing benefits sounded too good to be true. The opportunity to hit these incentives and earn lots of commission didn’t seem realistic. How wrong I was!

During my two years at Orion I attended an all-expenses paid-for weekend away jet skiing, went on three lunch clubs, all these reward were on top of some great commissions. This didn’t mean I had to work 12 hour days, however I worked hard and was rewarded for my efforts. We even finished at 3pm every Friday.

Orion Electrotech provides great training and most importantly the support for consultants to succeed. I hit my targets due to the friendly competitive environment that pushes everyone to achieve their best.

Cons

The car park is limited on spaces what means you occasionally have to move your car. Other than that i struggle to think of any.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow with success make sure you keep the same values and worth ethic that makes this company great. Keep up the good work and training and I’m sure you will keep going up the Sunday Times top 100 list.

Feb 14, 2017 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

6. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kampong Pek (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kampong Pek (Malaysia)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i like here very much

Cons

there is nothing to complain about

"Fantastic company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great MD and Sales Manager, works closely with you through training, covering engineering and sales. Really great atmosphere in the office competitive but friendly.
    Good salary, commission, and incentives. A unique recruitment company.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Nov 25, 2016 – Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

The support and training on offer for employees at Orion Electrotech from the management team is second to none. Without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only con is the lack of onsite parking.

Advice to Management

Don't change!

Sep 28, 2016 – Director

"Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Recruitmenrt Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitmenrt Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time

Pros

I came from working at one of the UK's biggest high street banks and it was the best decisions I ever made coming in to recruitment especially coming to Orion. I felt at home straight away and have made some friends for life working here. As well as meeting new people they offer great staff incentives from employee of the month to half yearly holiday incentives and so much in between.

Orion offer fantastic training no matter what level you're at whether you’re a trainee or a seasoned consultant they will give you the tools and training to make sure you grow and develop in to the best consultant you can be.

Cons

There isn't any, none what so ever

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

I may not have been here as long as other members of the team but I've learnt a lot in the time I've been here with the training, coaching and development and I can't fault it

10. "Great place, great colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

I am quite new in the world of recruitment and have been very fortunate to join an organisation that invest so heavily in the training and development of new consultants. Recruitment is not an easy industry to succeed, you have to balance a number of plates, cram so much into one day and handle a lot of rejection. Orion has given me the tools to succeed and have invested a lot of time in me helping to improve the areas of recruitment that I needed help with. Orion really is a great place where you are in charge of your own destiny. If you want to work 8-5:30, finish at 3 on a Friday and earn money then you can do that here. If you want to work 12 hour days and come in on the weekend at times to earn serious money then that can be accommodated here too. There is a great combination of people here too which has created a great culture of colleagues who are hungry to succeed. There is a fantastic family feel here also and I was made to feel welcome from the beginning. In the 8 months I have been here I have been awarded employee of the month, hit my target to go to a Michelin starred restaurant in London, taken to a music festival and a work dinner out. If you are hungry to succeed and keen to get into recruitment, it is definitely worth giving a Orion a call and have a look for yourself.

Cons

All the frustrations I experience daily are nothing to do with Orion Electrotech. Recruitment is a difficult industry, it is easy to get sucked in by promises of a huge pay cheque and regular commission where the reality is it takes a while to get to that point. As a recruiter you get messed around a lot and it is hard at times, however Orion have always supported me through the ups and downs and the high staff retention rate is reflected by this.